Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,932 members, 7,956,504 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village (13208 Views)

Troops Chase Boko Haram Fighters ‘into Lake Chad Water’ / Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village On Horseback, Kills 68 / DSS: There’s An ‘influx’ Of Boko Haram Into Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by marlockj: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
jchima14:
At least 40 villagers in Gwadale border community under Gwoza local government area of Borno state were feared killed on Monday as soldiers of the Cameroonian national allegedly opened fire on fleeing Boko Haram believed to have ran over to Nigerian, witnesses said.

This is the third time troops of the Cameroonian Armed forces manning the borders shared by both countries are being accused of reckless cross border activities that had so far claimed nearly 200 lives – mostly innocent civilians.

Muhammad Abba, a former ward secretary of Ashigashiya, received a chilling call from his relatives who are still trapped in the border community.

He was informed that bullets from the shootings killed many innocent persons by Cameroonian troops who claimed they chased suspected Boko.

“I still have my family, including my eldest son, there in Gwadale. But those that called me yesterday using the Cameroonian mobile network said most of the corpses are still left unattended.”

“One of my brothers who survived the shootout said the Cameroonian soldiers arrived Gwadale in early hours of Monday, and began to shoot sporadically. Most of our people who ran out of their houses in fear were killed by bullets; up till now, as they said, corpses still litter the grounds with no one attending to them, because those remaining in the village are aged men and women.

“I have not heard from my eldest son since the attack; and those that called said they had ran into Ashigashiya,” said Abba.

Ashigashiya is another village that was attacked by the same Cameroonian troops last week.

Muhammed Gava, the spokesman of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria and a native of Gwoza local government area confirmed the incident saying; “our people are being killed by Boko Haram and Cameroonian soldiers, yet our government is watching.”

SOURCE: http://nigerianewsonline.com.ng/40-killed-as-cameroonian-troops-chase-boko-haram-into-borno-village/

Who are d Ppl being killed...

Those area are under boko harm attack..Why will humans be living in Dat area...

Pls kill anything Evn flies....That's d only way we cn get rid of boko...
Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
I don't believe the Nigerian version.

I believe these are boko safe havens which the army knows and is not attacking but the camerounians are having none of that and are attacking these enclaves nonetheless .
you don't believe the Nigerian version but you swallow the Cameroonian version hook, line and sinker. it's obvious you don't want to hear any good thing about your country.
I don't think you know the true implication of what the Cameroonians did otherwise you won't be saying this
Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by Ifeola1: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
Why Killing d innocent people dis issue is unfair
Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by sheyoroniyen(m): 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
our borders r jus too unsecured.y wont dey pursue dem bak here .no b dere ome b dis undecided
Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by testional(m): 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ifeola1:
Why Killing d innocent people dis issue is unfair
. Imagine what is going in dis this region! People are really experience Hell !!
Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by free13: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
Litmus:
The BBC writes that Buhari has travelled to Kenya to join in prayers with Uhuru Kenyata for Kenyan soldiers lost to Somalian terrorists. Meanwhile, behind Buhari's back, Cameroonian soldiers cross into Nigeria to kill Nigerians on Nigerian soil in pretext of pursuing Bokoharam.

Who mourns for Nigerians killed? No one it would seem.

This is better.
Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Owobams:
That's what you get when you fight against an armed force. Kudos to Cameroonian government for arming their military
the past administration armed boko haram for cheap financial gains,boko haram will history soon
Re: 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:41am On Jan 28, 2016
tafrica:
What guy have cameroonian Soldiers got to invade our villages and kill innocent villagers? If my memory serves me right, this is not the first time such is happening.

Has Nigeria lost its pride in the fight against BH? Did Nigeria willingly allow Camerron to invade his land unrestricted? Recall how turkey brought down russia jets for crossing over to its air territory, here we have Cameroon moving to our villages to kill our people and our Army and President remain silent.

On another angle, if BH and Cameroonian Army cross over to our villages without any resistance from N'Army, does that mean BH could have been moving to Nigeria unchecked?

God save us!!!

Your last paragraph is the answer to your questions. Those are BH controlled areas/zones/villages . The NA has deserted, you guys no long even have border posts . so what should Cameroon do ? Look and let it happens ? I don't think so ....we are going to create a buffer zone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' / Appeal Court Declines Oyetola’s Request To Move Tribunal To Abuja / Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.