Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? (2014 Views)

Voting Machines Altering Votes From Obama To Romney In Pennsylvania / Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? / Why Kill Obama Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by jimmysho(m): 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2009
There is a question seeking million answer. WHY DIDN'T OBAMA ISSUE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF MICHEAL? For those who pay attention to US presidential politics, you’d know that issuing official statements when a high profile individual passes on is commonplace (although the Obama White House has only issued an informal condolence).Can somebody just tell me d rationale behind such decision!
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by ElRazur: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
Say what? Is he under obligation to give one Nah wah o. Besides, Obama, brown, al sharpton and co have all given one statement or the other. Take time to check out news sources next time.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2009
whats the fuzz about wacko jacko? after all legendary actress farrah fawcett the former star of charlie's angels died the same day with MJ after battling with anal cancer since 2006 she was 62 yrs old. how come nobody is talking about her? (RIP)

Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by sucessful1: 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2009
thy shalt not mix business wit pleasure.wat has politics has incommon with pop musically,beside m.j died broke,massive debt he left,at d moment america do not need pple like him,,,debt debt debt who is going 2 pay all his debt, insurance coy's don suffer, am sure m.jackson was killed.i think he better off dead than making other pple rich and he's living in poverty.he died in rented home,wat a shame.r.i.p homme
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by philip0906(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2009
Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama
He is upset dat d attention has shifted 4rm him. grin
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2009
philip0906:

He is upset dat d attention has shifted 4rm him. grin

roflmao!!!! good one!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by mustafar1: 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2009
i'll help you tell him u demand he buys pages and pages in all the newspapers of the world to express his condolences.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by davidif: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2009
whats the fuzz about wacko jacko? after all legendary actress farrah fawcett the former star of charlie's angels died the same day with MJ after battling with anal cancer since 2006 she was 62 yrs old. how come nobody is talking about her?   

RICHIE BOI
Its because she was not a global icon like Michael Jackson. She was made popular because of a tv series (Charlies Angels) and that famous poster of hers and that's it. Sorry to say this, but MJ's star power was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much bigger than Farrah Fawcett.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by chidichris(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2009
does nigeria have heros at all? have any of our heros died before? how many times did our president made official statements on such occassions? why obama without yar adua?
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by IFELEKE(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2009
@Poster,
He is not under any obligation to issue an official statement.He has offered his personal condolence and that is enough.
Don't let M.J's death overwhelm you to the point of spilling rubbish.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by FrankC3: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
But i thought i read somewhere on yahoo news where Obama through Robert Gibbs reacted to the death in the following words of his Chief Press secretary "He(Obama) said to me that obviously Michael Jackson was a spectacular performer, a music icon. I think everybody remembers hearing his songs, watching him moonwalk on television during Motown's 25th anniversary.

"But the president also said, you know, look, he had, aspects of his life were sad and tragic. (The president's) condolences went out to the Jackson family and to fans that mourned his loss" Though this comment came after when Gibbs was asked about it by the press, but i think its official enough anyway.

On a side note, the guy (Obama) may be thinking that Michael helped fasted the downward spiral of the financial system that he is trying to clear up though. lol
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by Depilot(m): 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2009
Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why?

@topic: Because Obama is not a fool. He likes to fully understand what is going on before making any comment.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by jidobaba(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2009
Obama thinks he is being politically sharp by witholding official statement until issues bout MJ's personal life are cleared up. However, d only message he's succeeded in passing across is that he(Obama) is a political chicken. Dis kind of spineless b'viour will cost him.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by ElRazur: 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
jidobaba:

Obama thinks he is being politically sharp by witholding official statement until issues bout MJ's personal life are cleared up. However, d only message he's succeeded in passing across is that he(Obama) is a political chicken. Dis kind of spineless b'viour will cost him.

What ever this guy is smoking. . . . I want some of it!
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by Depilot(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2009
He might make a general statement regarding MJ's accomplishments on the day of the final burial, but do not expect any official statement until the result of the autopsy comes out. That is what a leader does when the cause of death of a world wide super star is unclear.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by jidobaba(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
Elrazur, I smoke 'gbana' from kuwait, ojuelegba sometimes. Better than whatever stuff Obama used to pot that has now beclouded his judgement.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2009
What is your business with Obama?

have you forgotten that Yaradua is your president?
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by ElRazur: 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2009
jidobaba:

Elrazur, I smoke 'gbana' from kuwait, ojuelegba sometimes. Better than whatever stuff Obama used to pot that has now beclouded his judgement.

You need to stop. It is affecting your judgement to be honest. smiley

For the record, Obama do not have to give a single statement, he is under no obligation what so ever to do so. Having said that, he's already given a statement. What more do people like you want? Take time to check out news events sometimes.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by Poj1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by MandingoII(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2009
There is a question seeking million answer. WHY DIDN'T OBAMA ISSUE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF MICHEAL? For those who pay attention to US presidential politics, you’d know that issuing official statements when a high profile individual passes on is commonplace (although the Obama White House has only issued an informal condolence).Can somebody just tell me d rationale behind such decision!

this is why YOUR government is fu,cked up!

worried about the wrong things.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by dean2725: 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2009
Must he issue any official statement cos of MJ's death?? However John king (cnn) reprted this morning that Obama has written a private letter to jacksons family.

Damn!! i dont know why some people think this way anyway angry
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by walakolobo: 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2009
These Nigerians
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by eldee(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2009
@topic
Yeah . . . it's his obligation . . .
Not only because the voice of a generation passed away, but also because half the country's mourning. . . while the other half's talking bout how he should get off the tabloids.
The nation's obsessed with him . . . and he's their President

And yep, he did send in his tribute and best wishes to the family

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/5654512/Barack-Obama-Michael-Jackson-was-a-tragic-pop-icon.html
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by babapupa: 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2009
Obviously, a lot of folks on here knows little or nothing about America. Sure, Obama is not obligated to say anything about Michael Jackson but the standard practice and norms dictates. Official presidential speech was issued when John Lennon died, when Elvis died, when James Brown died (he was a know woman beater, a convicted felon and he spent time in jail.) regardless of their flaws. America Ignored Obama's past cocaine sniffing flaws and sent him to the white house right?

It's not about obligation, it's about standard practice and tradition. Obama is ignoring MJ's and past traditions for obvious political reasons and he really shouldn't be doing that. Just like the rest of the world, white and black America is grieving MJ's death. He just need to open his mouth and say something, white people are not going to kill him.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by jidobaba(m): 12:24am On Jun 29, 2009
@babapupa, u get am. Even if Obama has personal beef with Mj, standard practice dictates that he/his office be SEEN to pay respect to someone who means so much to his people and to the world. Why should he do so at all covering his mouth?
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by eldee(m): 1:50am On Jun 29, 2009
Standard norms and traditions, moral obligation . . . big difference!!!

English is Nairaland's biggest problem grin grin
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by kosovo(m): 8:04am On Jun 29, 2009
Nigerians have never been intelligent and almsot every post in this thrend confirms it.
PRESIDENT OBAMA has sent his letter to the jackson family. okay?
MICHEAL JACKSON -king of pop and ELVIS PRESLY king of rock n roll are the only ones that got access to the white house, to get an award from the president.
because of their positive effect on the youth and the donation of their proceeds to fight drunk driving and drug abuse respectively in America.

MICHEAL JACKOSN INFLUENCED MY INFLUENCES.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by jidobaba(m): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
Kosovo, u must be daft. Ur post lacks coherence.
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by tymoti(m): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2009
on behalf of presidency of both nigeria and the US, i would like to express my shock and sadness on the death of MJ. I pray the good Lord will comfort us all (including the family) for this unbearable loss
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2009
tymoti:

on behalf of presidency of US, i would like to express my shock and sadness on the death of MJ. I pray the good Lord will comfort us all (including the family) for this unbearable loss.
Gbam!!!.

Now someone here has done it on behalf of Obama, can we then declare this thread officially closed. grin
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by jimmysho(m): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2009
ElRazur:

Say what? Is he under obligation to give one Nah wah o. Besides, Obama, brown, al sharpton and co have all given one statement or the other. Take time to check out news sources next time.

read intelligently b4 comment. i said official statement. it is a norm to give such statement by US govt.

i never said statement was not given but the correct one must be given

Frank-C:

But i thought i read somewhere on yahoo news where Obama through Robert Gibbs reacted to the death in the following words of his Chief Press secretary "He(Obama) said to me that obviously Michael Jackson was a spectacular performer, a music icon. I think everybody remembers hearing his songs, watching him moonwalk on television during Motown's 25th anniversary.

"But the president also said, you know, look, he had, aspects of his life were sad and tragic. (The president's) condolences went out to the Jackson family and to fans that mourned his loss" Though this comment came after when Gibbs was asked about it by the press, but i think its official enough anyway.

On a side note, the guy (Obama) may be thinking that Michael helped fasted the downward spiral of the financial system that he is trying to clear up though. lol

Robert Gibbs was asked by a reporter at the press briefing that 'why was d condolence was not given in black and white(officially) on d white house crested paper. his reply was simple BECAUSE I SAID IT. so, the white house should be careful wit playing politics wit "trivial" issue
Re: Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? by jimmysho(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

What is your business with Obama?

have you forgotten that Yaradua is your president?

young man we are discussing politics here.

i stand to query ur sense of reasoning

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Robbed Saudi Prince Of 250,000 EUROS In Paris (Pics) / Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION / US Deploying Troops To Iran (video) World War III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.