Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” (702 Views)

Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal To Declare Him Winner Of Edo Governorship Election / Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect / Senator Nwaogu Dumps PDP For APC, Says Party Has Lost Focus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” by resty4(m): 10:04am On Jan 27, 2016
Recall that Faleke has consistently refused to be running mate to Yahaya Bello in the December 5 supplementary election. Bello replaced the late Audu following the latter’s death.
Faleke is arguing that he should automatically inherit the ticket left behind by Audu after his sudden death while the results were being announced.
Making the allegation, in a statement issued by Duro Meseko, the director of media and publicity of the Audu/Faleke campaign organisation, Faleke said there are attempts to “mischievously” announce his name as deputy governor during the swearing-in ceremony of Bello.DD
“I want to bring to the attention of Nigerians plans to call me out to take oath of allegiance as Deputy Governor to Alhaji Yahaya Bello today in Lokoja since it is the Deputy that takes oath first. The mischievous script is to announce my name for oath taking at least three times after which they would declare that the Deputy Governor-elect has absconded but would be sworn in at a later date. They would now go ahead to swear in Bello as the the Governor,”he said.
“Let me make it very clear to the good people of Kogi State and Nigerians in general that I am not Deputy to Yahaya Bello and will therefore not be present today at his inauguration. I had made my position abundantly clear to my party, the All Progressives Congress ( APC ) and Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC ) that I will not serve as Deputy to Bello, neither would I participate in the December 5, 2015 Supplementary election.
“A strongly worded letter was written to the leadership of APC and INEC to back up my position. It is therefore the height of political mischief for anyone to attempt to call my name for oath taking at an inauguration ceremony they know I would not be present.”
https://www.naij.com/709907-war-apc-faleke-attacks-ruling-party-read-said.html

1 Like

Re: War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” by okezed: 10:09am On Jan 27, 2016
In the word of a wrestler by name king Barrett "I GOT A BAD NEWS"!!!!!
Re: War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” by TippyTop(m): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2016
“A strongly worded letter was written to the leadership of APC and INEC to back up my position. It is therefore the height of political mischief for anyone to attempt to call my name for oath taking at an inauguration ceremony they know I would not be present.”
Re: War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” by Ebubeslym(m): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2016
APC till 2019.
Ndi ara

1 Like

Re: War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” by Mamatee07: 10:18am On Jan 27, 2016
Good, don't let anyone bully you into backing down
Re: War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” by poiZon: 10:24am On Jan 27, 2016
a party that tagged another party impuned has nkw taken impunity to the next level.
how can someone stand election without a deputy?
that is against electoral act.

1 Like

Re: War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded” by tuniski: 10:25am On Jan 27, 2016
Confusion in the house of confusionist party and govt. Let's enjoy the drama that might finally snowball into a defining event of our democracy. Apc simply confused.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Separatists Hijack Ship, Demand Release Of Leader. / Photos– Buhari Commissions Projects In Ogun State, Attends Presidential Luncheon / PHOTO NEWS: Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola On School Project Inspection In Ede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.