Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) (80605 Views)

Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari Used In UNILORIN 100 Level Mass Comm Exam Questions / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by Mzgracie(f): 9:16am On Jan 29, 2016
JackBizzle:

undecided

People like you will rather see a tree than see the whole forest.

Should this be happening in a university? YES or NO?

No one is interested in your "good boy"

record in the university

Abeg, shush!!!

This is college of health sciences not other other department in permanent cite.. will you. allow yourself to be treated by a doctor that dresses like a mad man?? Will u allow yourself to be examined by a doctor that dresses like one of those agbero boys??

These are laid down rules. They gave us proper orientation in 200 level not 100 level oooo. Cause we resumed medical sch proper in 200 level...

If you don't knw what it takes to be in a medical school, you can please keep quiet.

Go to COHS, I bet you ll think you are a banking hall....

Gosh! How I miss my Alma mater... I miss those moments when we ll dress corporate, wear cover shoes and the likes..
What's the usefulness of studying medicine and surgery, nursing and other medical courses when you can't dress and represent well..

I only pity the op,.... this thread can lead him to trouble..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by gemale(m): 10:13am On Jan 29, 2016
Dis is just d tip of D iceberg. Na only 4 unilorin wey u go hear say dem force person go Barbing salon 2 go cut hair. Wt do u xpct wen we have a dead SUG dt can't fight 4 us? Dem no fit try dis 1 4 place lyk OAU.
Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by Ray4swaqqi(m): 11:42am On Jan 29, 2016
lol

Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by Acidosis(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2016
I've always warned Nairaland moderators about posting sensitive threads on the frontpage.

This guy has no point. I've never seen a medical school/college in the world where students, lecturers and visitors are allowed to dress 'anyhow.'

It is not about Unilorin or Covenant or anything anyone wish to spill. I attended a state uni, and this rule is obtainable there.

You can dress like a thug to most of the Engineering faculty in Nigeria. You can dress like a prisoner to a school of Arts, but when you go to a College of Health Science, and in some Law schools, you will never be allowed to dress according to your own desire.

There is nothing wrong with the rules of Unilorin. If I have a Private Medical School, anyone dressed like a thug or dressed as though you're coming to kill innocent patients would be rusticated with an immediate effect.

You know the rules but choose to disobey!

I won't speak about the type of punishment melted on you as I don't know the stipulated guideline. Coming here to lie won't give you your slippers. Take your phone and take a picture of the guideline at the entrance of the medical school and let's know the true Offender and the Accused.

Thank you.

NB: The time you spent taking the photo of your skinny trouser is enough to take the photo of the attached rules at the college's entrance. I've never been there, but these things are applicable everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by blaxx: 11:48am On Jan 29, 2016
MrFlavvor:
Err.... Have you tried killing the f*#%&ng lecturer who tried it? cause i assure you,it works!

what kill method should be used?
Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by Mike008(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
The fear of Carry Over is responsible for this. But it aint right.
Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by Mike008(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
Acidosis:
I've always warned Nairaland moderators about posting sensitive threads on the frontpage.

This guy has no point. I've never seen a medical school/college in the world where students, lecturers and visitors are allowed to dress 'anyhow.'

It is not about Unilorin or Covenant or anything anyone wish to spill. I attended a state uni, and this rule is obtainable there.

You can dress like a thug to most of the Engineering faculty in Nigeria. You can dress like a prisoner to a school of Arts, but when you go to a College of Health Science, and in some Law schools, you will never be allowed to dress according to your own desire.

There is nothing wrong with the rules of Unilorin. If I have a Private Medical School, anyone dressed like a thug or dressed as though you're coming to kill innocent patients would be rusticated with an immediate effect.

You know the rules but choose to disobey!

I won't speak about the type of punishment melted on you as I don't know the stipulated guideline. Coming here to lie won't give you your slippers. Take your phone and take a picture of the guideline at the entrance of the medical school and let's know the true Offender and the Accused.

Thank you.

NB: The time you spent taking the photo of your skinny trouser is enough to take the photo of the attached rules at the college's entrance. I've never been there, but these things are applicable everywhere.

Be that as it may, no University rule will stipulate ridiculous punitive measures as corporal punishment and subjugation to inhuman and degrading treatments which is what is in issue here. To an extent, it is permissible in primary and secondary schools but not in higher institutions of learning with (in most instances) a codified code of conduct.
Appropriate disciplinary measures as suspension, withdrawal, rustication, ban etc. as the case may be are applied.
Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by iamdeclan(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:

My friend are you a student of the college? I have my doubts cos ur de-repping my Alma mata with ur poor composition skills.
I know this place, that's beside LT complex, precisely LT 3.
On to the matter, there is a stipulated dress code which students are given an expected to follow. As future health practitioners, you're expected to dress smartly in formal wears, not like mechanics wearing slippers to lecture or clinic.
I remain proud and grateful to my lecturers and institution, the discipline instilled in us has become a part of me and made me excel effortlesly wherever I found myself.

LT3?? ROTF ooo.. & na 4rm dia u graduate ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by JackBizzle: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mzgracie:

Abeg, shush!!!

This is college of health sciences not other other department in permanent cite.. will you. allow yourself to be treated by a doctor that dresses like a mad man?? Will u allow yourself to be examined by a doctor that dresses like one of those agbero boys??

These are laid down rules. They gave us proper orientation in 200 level not 100 level oooo. Cause we resumed medical sch proper in 200 level...

If you don't knw what it takes to be in a medical school, you can please keep quiet.

Go to COHS, I bet you ll think you are a banking hall....

Gosh! How I miss my Alma mater... I miss those moments when we ll dress corporate, wear cover shoes and the likes..
What's the usefulness of studying medicine and surgery, nursing and other medical courses when you can't dress and represent well..

I only pity the op,.... this thread can lead him to trouble..

1) The op didnt specify medicine or surgery. Could be anatomy, nutrition etc.

2) As long as it is a classroom or faculty and not a hospital where they have uniforms, wearing slippers is okay.

I am afraid the kind of health practitioner you are. God save me from karashika doctor.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by fbabs(m): 11:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
gemale:
Dis is just d tip of D iceberg. Na only 4 unilorin wey u go hear say dem force person go Barbing salon 2 go cut hair. Wt do u xpct wen we have a dead SUG dt can't fight 4 us? Dem no fit try dis 1 4 place lyk OAU.

IFE naa baba ffl by lag and UI
Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by plsplspls: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Tourshaw:
Baba, is this really true? I am also a student at UITH here o in my sophomore year. A girl told me but I couldn't believe it. Well, If this is true, I think it's your fault. We were told during the orientation programme that UITH is unlike permanent site where you dress anyhow. We have been enjoined to always dress cooperate and use ties on the campus to differentiate your from people who come to pay visit to their sick ones. Also, you said notebooks, I know this is a fat lie. We're submitting physiology practical records and handbook not notes. Or do we even have notes? What happened to you was solely your responsibility and don't make it seems as if it's Unilorin that takes the blame.

The excuse of dressing corporately to stand out from those visiting is plain silly. Na courtroom una dey? That law should be revisited. Why don't you guys simply wear tags when you're there if you're so worried about being mistaken?
Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by crowniran(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2016
calculator123:
This can't happen in UNILAG,i trust those guys and babes die, the lecturer would be thoroughly dealt with by the appropriate authority.

the one wey dey happen now nko...ur students are sleeping outside d hostels
...enu!
Re: Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) by Iambugzy: 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
joefredd006:
lol. the school didn't advertise their services like landmark, bowen, leadcity and the rest. you decided to apply. they have their simple and reasonable rules, but no; you'll rather have it your way. Dress decently, you won't. wear your school identity cards while on school premises, mbanu, who dey talk. So the authorities decided to use mild embarrassing techniques to curb your exuberances. for indecent dressing, they seize your tag or ask you to come get your shoes at the disciplinary office. saves you from being suspended each time you dress like a motor park tout or a ho on duty. I finished from there and have been 'around' the school for 7 years, still haven't seen or heard of a physical confrontation between a lecturer and a student. So behave yourself, and you won't have a reason to look over your shoulders

Bro dats absolute hogwash. This is supposed to be an institution of higher learning and not a high school so the strict rules that apply in a high school may not necessarily apply in a tertiary institution. Truth is unilorin is being run like a manor. Lecturers expect you to reproduce word for word, the exact thing you were taught in class in an exam. That's why most Nigerian graduates are still intellectually in high school. U can choose to wear any kind of footwear to school Bleep the dress code!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Civil Servant And A Public Servant? / Boy Selling Yam And Studying His Book (Photo) / Waec Nov/dec Exam Online Registration [get Some Update Here]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.