Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? (2267 Views)

A Nairalander's Photo-realistic Drawing Of Atiku Abubakar / Talented Nigerian Artist Contacted By Fanta Company After Drawing These 3D Pics / How To Turn Your Photo Into A Cartoon Using Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Obinna1074: 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
I created this thread to answer your questions on how to turn your pencil drawing talent into a profitable business. Feel free to express your views. One thing about this ability, if you have it, is it can help you to establish something that will generate income for you, even if you don't want to do it full time.

See below a sample of my pencil drawing and how I used my drawing ability to overcome unemployment.

http://www.obinnaonyenali.com/2014/09/this-is-story-of-how-i-overcame.html

http://www.obinnaonyenali.com/2016/01/smiley-realistic-pencil-drawing.html

1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 29, 2016
Ok so what if I just draw from memory cos I don't do references, what then? How do I get it out there? How do I begin? I've never used a canvas or other material other than A4 type paper.
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Polarbite(m): 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kazna69:
Ok so what if I just draw from memory cos I don't do references, what then? How do I get it out there? How do I begin? I've never used a canvas or other material other than A4 type paper.
xup kaz,so u draw 2?!!
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 03, 2016
Polarbite:
xup kaz,so u draw 2?!!
Yea, & probably more than that. Just don't have the outlet yet. Saw your post about doing comics one time.
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 03, 2016
Kazna69:

Yea, & probably more than that. Just don't have the outlet yet. Saw your post about doing comics one time.

wink
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 5:01am On Feb 03, 2016
Nubian113:

wink
Do you ever sleep?
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 03, 2016
Kazna69:

Do you ever sleep?

Sleeps for the dead. atm grin
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 03, 2016
Nubian113:

Sleeps for the dead. atm grin

Uh huh caught you, so you're immortal! I knew it! shocked
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Polarbite(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2016
Kazna69:

Wow! Cool! But letme ask u a q.Are alredy a comic artist or u re stil in d learning process or ure jst a regular artist ?
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2016
Polarbite:
Wow! Cool! But letme ask u a q.Are alredy a comic artist or u re stil in d learning process or ure jst a regular artist ?
Honestly, I'm regular/hobbyist. I got the impression that Nigeria didn't have the industry for comic artists as a kid so I was forced to science class. Where you located? Have you started a as a comic artist?
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Polarbite(m): 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kazna69:

Honestly, I'm regular/hobbyist. I got the impression that Nigeria didn't have the industry for comic artists as a kid so I was forced to science class. Where you located? Have you started a as a comic artist?
Same here bro,dat was d imprsn i had abt comic art bt i wasnt forced 2 science class i went there willingly.If i had knw bk den dat i cud rly learn comic art...i wud av tod my dad i wasnt interestd in studyn Archy.
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Polarbite(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
Yea i've startd my comic journey alredy thnx 2 my mentor.If there's anythn belw novice den i fit dat title.
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Polarbite:
Same here bro,dat was d imprsn i had abt comic art bt i wasnt forced 2 science class i went there willingly.If i had knw bk den dat i cud rly learn comic art...i wud av tod my dad i wasnt interestd in studyn Archy.
Look at this guy cheesy Architects get paid bruh. I would've gone for Arch if I had Tech Drw in WASSCE.
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Polarbite(m): 11:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kazna69:

Look at this guy cheesy Architects get paid bruh. I would've gone for Arch if I had Tech Drw in WASSCE.
bro u didnt letme finish...i wasnt admtd 4 2yrs al bcs i want 2 stdy Archy.So am takn anoda jamb ds yr and am putn in 4 buildn tech.
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Polarbite(m): 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
U're in skul ryt? Wat curs ar u stdyn?
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 04, 2016
Polarbite:
bro u didnt letme finish...i wasnt admtd 4 2yrs al bcs i want 2 stdy Archy.So am takn anoda jamb ds yr and am putn in 4 buildn tech.
I'm not an expert tho, but isn't Archi better than building tech?
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:40am On Feb 04, 2016
Kazna69:

How can i learn drawing?
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 04, 2016
LONGFELLOW02:

How can i learn drawing?
Hi, you can learn from YouTube videos, Web articles, buy art books from bookstores but most importantly, you gotta [b][/b]practice!
Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by Polarbite(m): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kazna69:

I'm not an expert tho, but isn't Archi better than building tech?
yea,dey are lyk brodas nd sistas.But wetin futa do me don do! So i decided 2 take sumtn lesser bsyds i want 2 eat and poo art everyday.#skilldoesn'tkill

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Question On How To Turn Your Drawing Talent Into A Business? by MrsSandman: 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2020
I really like the way you guys draw. All of you are super talented. I have been drawing for a few months now (I mean like hardcore drawing, every single day) and I noticed that I have a lot of problems when I am trying to draw figures. When it comes to portraits I am good to go, but with figures it's like my inner eye just shuts off and I can't seem to understand how proportions work. I've been trying to fix it but it's been crazy bad. I recently went online to ask for advise and people told me about these dolls called body kun that can help you earn how to draw figures. Apparently a lot of manga artists used them in the beginning. I bought them and they have done the trick. At first it was still kind of awkward but with practice I was able to recreate certain poses and understand how the proportions of the body transferred on the paper. So if you have problems with 3D drawing these might just do the trick

(1) (Reply)

Critics in the House: Music Cover Design And Logo(3D) / Photorealistic Drawing By A Nairalander - (guides Included) / The Size Of An Invitation Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.