Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

He Thinks He Has Failed His Country; Please Help - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / He Thinks He Has Failed His Country; Please Help (476 Views)

CR7 Names Five Countries He Thinks Could Win 2018 World Cup / 7 Reasons Why Your New Products Failed In The Market / Picture: When Your Pastor Thinks He's Smart. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Thinks He Has Failed His Country; Please Help by adren(m): 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
I am sorry Nigeria, I have failed you by Temitope Steve

I am afraid, yet I am hopeful,
I am in dismay, yet not without faith,
I am perturbed, but not without a fight,
I am sure the cause isn't lost yet.
Nothing short of a notable and worthwhile development is expected of an independent country with history dating back to over two centuries, I am however dissapointed in myself and my failure to render long-term socio-economic ideas, implement innovations and improvise tenable lasting solutions to the lingering national problems which have rendered her vulnerable; not just me but 139.999999 million others should feel this guilt within them because we all owe our beloved country one.
In the quest to improving her standard and reputation, nigerians have abandoned their responsibility to foster development and oneness and only committed these duties to the ever-busy hands of our leaders who barely make 10% of the total population while shying away from the fact that they are mere mortals and no demi-gods while seeking cover under the pretence of 'hustling' for oneself, hoping for change and/or earnestly praying for this nation which our founding fathers birthed from sweat and blood. Maybe we all have forgotten that nothing good comes easy.
It is without doubt that I conclude that Nigeria would have been placed and ranked among leading and developed nations of the world if only her citizens hadn't employed eggocentrism, personal interests, religious sentiments and political propagandas, but worked hard to develop ideas which are of immense benefit to the nation and created inventions which in turn helps to sustain democracy, development, industrialisation and economic growth. I coudn't have reminisced on a better time when nigerians would answer the clarion call to independently seek for solutions to problems facing her without attempting to occupy diverse political offices, well, maybe the time is now when the US who used to be our highest buyers of crude oil (our major economic substainance) are no longer interested and other countries of the world are gradually edging out of such deals. In other terms, Nigeria will be forced, soon enough to either look for buyers of crude oil or diversify the dependence of the national economy on crude- either way, the oil doom period once predicted looks to be a reality, or perhaps the incessant drop in Naira value in the foreign exchange market which bears unbearable and unpalatable economic consequences- some of which are starting to manifest and can only get worse if not checkmated.
With the looming economic degradation and global crisis coupled with internal 'jigijaga', the rich class may start to feed on the crumbs which they once left on their table during the oil boom times which are gradually becoming history and going into extinction for the lower class to feed themselves and what hope lies for the poor then? This is why this epic situation demands to be arrested now before it gets out of hand- a responsibilty which must be carried out by everyone of us.
In the wake of these unprecedented national occurences which calls for solemnization, proactiveness, creative thinking and nationwide 'agenda resetting', it is hard to believe that nigerians spend quality time in establishing and upholding the affiars of religious and political sects aimed at destabilising and swaying our leader's attention away from their ambitions and visions. At the end, not just I alone who would suffer for this 'sectocracy', i feel so sorry for my unborn generation who are innocent and do not deserve to be a victim of the consequences which preceeds such actions.
This is therefore why i write to publicly confess my outrageous acts and denounce my treachery and disloyalty to my fatherland while using this medium to reinstate my commitment to ensue her development and international reputation which has grown sour over time. It is not only I who pledge, but I alongside 140 million others do so solely to work stedfastly in achieving peace, unity and economic stabilisation to achieve the Nigeria of our dreams.
This task can be achieved only when we begin to place the interest of Nigeria at heart while upholding her purpose and integrity.
So help us God..
Amen

Temitope Steve

(1) (Reply)

Konga Defrauded Me / Today's Dressing - Right Or Wrong? / The Change You Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.