Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance (736 Views)

Need Urgent Assistance With Vitiligo. / A Doctor Needs Your Urgent Assistance! / Meet Akin Akintayo, HIV Positive Nigerian Man Who Came Out As Gay Through Funmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance by Phargbemmy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
Please let help save a soul.

Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo, a former Student of Saint Francis Catholic Secondary School, Egbe is lying critically ill at the Cardiac and Renal Centre.

The family urgently needs the assistance of the general public in order to nurse FEYIKEWA back to good health.

Please kindly send your donations to:

Akintayo Olufeyikewa
GTB.

God bless you as you send in your widows mite.

lalastical and all Nairalanders Admins, please move to front page and let safe a life.

Let help keep OLUWAFEYIKEWA alife

1 Share

Re: S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance by Elseductive: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
Also we can broadcast through our whatsapp messenger.
Let's do the needful here.

1 Like

Re: S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance by Phargbemmy(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Admins please this needs to be on front page. Let save a life, please.
Re: S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance by bignoise: 9:06am On Jan 28, 2016
Yes ohhh.... we are on it..... let's save a life...... we really need help
Re: S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance by scarr: 6:41am On Jan 30, 2016
Lalasticlala please help us save a live
Re: S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance by Phargbemmy(m): 7:04am On Feb 02, 2016
If this were to be a Kim Kardisians issue or one of this Wizkids brouhaha it would have gotten to the front page.

I wonder why preserving HUMAN life does not mean anything to you guys at NAIRALAND!, I just wonder.

cc:

Lalastical, and all admins on nairaland.
Re: S.O.S: Oluwafeyikewa Akintayo Needs Our Urgent Assistance by Phargbemmy(m): 7:23am On Feb 02, 2016
Update on Akindayo Feyikewa

I arrived her home at No 12 Ori owo Ajose Street in Ejigbo at about 2pm in the afternoon, and when I asked for number 12, the neighbour around were skeptical to show me the house as they asked whom I was looking for.

After I gave an answer, I was showed the place and I went inside, I knocked and to my surprise she was the one that answered. She stood up to open the door and I asked for Feyi and she said she was the one as I explained myself she welcomed me to her home and we sat and talk.

She went on telling me how it started in April last year. She thought it was something she could manage but it got out of hand. At the moment she can only sit as she cannot lie down and there is an obvious hole on her chest that was covered, the was the hole is used to get the water that stores up in her heart(dialyses) out due to the fact that she cannot urinate.

she also said that on different occasion when her urea level goes more than 400mmg she get intoxicated and acts like a mad person that if the doctors where not to have been capable to know the actual issue they would have referred her to the psychiatric hospital. She claimed that this has happened more than 4 times.

In order to remove the water in her heart, she spends N27,500 for dialysis three times a week, then there is something the kidney does or secretes that it’s not doing at the moment since its damaged but an injection drug is use to replace it ( I have forgotten the name but it goes for N8500 three times a week), then she takes Iron drug once in a week N1500 and she said she ought to do this for two months of which she is on her second week today(31-Jan-2016).

After the two months then a diagnosis would be taken to see if there is improvement which would be preceded by a test for potassium, magnesium and something sha, then Blood transfusion followed by getting a matching donor for the kidney, then the operation and after the operation she has to keep up on drug for like forever. These all amounted to 11,000,000 (Eleven Million Naira) and this came as a shock at a time when cash is in scarcity.

The parent tried to curtail it over a period of time but could not be managed due to funds which resulted in the Sister going viral for help. The situation has definitely been critical as she thank God for the gift of life.

She also reiterated that her mate who was in the same hospital where she attends lost her life when the hospital went on strike last week as she was so touched to the bream and hasn’t recovered from that shock . The reason the hospital workers went on strike was because they weren’t paid. This was a former General Hospital Gbagada that has now been privatized. The hospital is the best in CRC cases (Cardiac and renal diseases) and was recommended by all but after this incident she was referred to another at Ikorodu or so but couldn’t leave with her friend because she(her friend) was on life support , due to the fact that there was no one to attend to her in time of emergency, she died.

She said my timing was right, coming to see her on Sunday because she goes for her dialysis during the week but would be at home only on Thursdays.

The friend who posted it on the media gave her N200,000 which she has been managing till now couple with some other help from anonymous. The only contact number placed was the one to the media houses which was that of the sister Tayo for obvious reasons as she would not be able to manage calls at this situation especially when it’s critical, some people who do not wish her well calls as good people to rain abuses and curses on her as these might be demoralizing (in her words).

I asked of the sister’s number of which I was given by her, and then I told her that if I can have her number that only the alumni excos head, I and the school authority would contact her directly. She took to my words and gave it to me.

I asked why she was at home alone and she said her mum went to church and has not been back, that her mum has been most instrumental to this cause as she spend all her weekdays and even weekends with her. She would be back soon( she said) as she was busy with her hands, she was making a wrist bead to kill time.

As I left I gave her words of encouragement as I promised that we( the alumni and the school authority) would be back, I also told her that we needed to act fast and that we would get back to her in less than no time.
The way she sounded and in her condition, I was so touched that I couldn’t pray right there because I almost burst into tears and I would definitely do so if I pray.

Although there were times she was holding her tears back when she was explaining to me the way things are, she also had her breath seized countless of times while I was there, but she said she was fine after returning almost immediately.

Achu Joseph
Representative of the SFCSS alumni Exco.

(1) (Reply)

Farm Pride Is Abl's Favorite Fruit Drink / Doctor Says He Is Ok, But He Feels Otherwise / 7 Healthy Benefits Of Cucumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.