Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke (795 Views)

I Phoned Buhari 3 Times, But He Shunned My Calls – Fayose / Idris Wada Absent At Yahaya Bello's Inauguration Ceremony / Ekwunife Shunned At APC Secretariat!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke by ijebuloaded(m): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Agent Governor-choose of Kogi State, Mr. James Faleke, has said he was not welcomed to Wednesday’s swearing-in service and that he had no motivation to go to the occasion.

He clarified this was on account of he was testing the choice of the Independent National Electoral Commission to proclaim the November 21 governorship decision uncertain in court.

In a meeting with Channels TV Faleke, who has likewise tested the choice of the All Progressives Congress to pick Bello over him as substitution for the late Prince Abubakar Audu, depicted the decision of Bello as an overthrow against the general population of Kogi.

The APC chieftain focused on that he would not acknowledge the position of agent legislative leader of the state.

He said in spite of reports that the gathering was endeavoring endeavors to accommodate distressed gatherings in the decision, no one had contacted him.

Faleke, who was the late Abubakar’s running mate, likewise hammered the National Chairman of the gathering, Chief John Oyegun, for neglecting to do what he considered the best thing taking after Audu’s passing.

“I am talking before Nigerians and I am making it get that no one connected with me. No one from our gathering’s national secretariat or the state secretariat of our gathering ever connected with me on this issue,” Faleke said

“The main time they each connected with me was on December 31… when the administrator of our gathering reported the choice of the National Working Committee to every one of us to say the NWC had embraced Alhaji Yahaya Bello as the governorship contender for the December 5 race.”
Faleke said he and some different individuals had made it clear that they felt that the gathering ought to have called them before to talk about the issue.

“From that point, there was no conference until today. I need to make it clear that the gathering executive, Chief John Oyegun, that we saw as a father has chosen to champion a reason that is against individuals. That is the reason we were not welcomed (for the introduction),” he included.

He focused on that he would just settle the issue out of court just on the condition that Bello consents to leave as representative.

He contended that his activities did not sum to hostile to gathering exercises, including that the gathering must be preeminent when its exercises depend on value and equity.

“For me I see what hosts happened in the gathering as a non military personnel overthrow. It is a regular citizen rebellion in light of the fact that if such a circumstance happens in the military, those behind it will confront the terminating squad,” he said, including that the most ideal route forward was to make a beeline for the court.

He included that Bello as opposed to him ought to be blamed for against gathering exercises as the majority of his activities host been gone for securing the get-together and guaranteeing that the Peoples Democratic Party does not grab triumph from it.

He said, “It was Alhaji Yahaya Bello that conflicted with the gathering. He took the gathering to court before the race, took our late pioneer, Audu to court before the race and he lost his surveying unit to PDP, lost his ward to PDP and lost his nearby government territory to PDP.

Also, I made it clear that day (amid the meeting) that if 50 for each penny of us situated in that lobby had lost our surveying units, lost our wards and our nearby governments, there would have been nothing for us to celebrate.”

He said he hosted asked for Oyegun to get the get-together to sue INEC to announce the outcomes as opposed to pronouncing the November 21 decision uncertain, however the executive declined, saying the gathering couldn’t be seen to be taking its own particular government to court

Source : http://ijebuloaded.com/why-i-shunned-bellos-inauguration-faleke/
Re: Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke by babyfaceafrica: 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nice one..this ur sourse sha?
Re: Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke by Cameleon72(f): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
Sorry if you feel betrayed.
Re: Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke by OnucheAdams: 3:56am On Jan 28, 2016
Faleke has a very valid point. How does someone who didn't participate in the election proper end up becoming Governor? Is this a reflection of the mandate of the people? Is it actually fair game for the people who canvassed the length and breath of the State seeking votes for the duo of Audu and Wada?

For those of us in Kogi, this charade makes a mockery of our efforts and has resulted in a crisis of confidence for the new Government, which can only be addressed if the right thing is done by the Courts of law.
Re: Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke by Lusola15: 4:06am On Jan 28, 2016

“For me I see what hosts happened in the gathering as a non military personnel overthrow. It is a regular citizen rebellion in light of the fact that if such a circumstance happens in the military, those behind it will confront the terminating squad,”

Source : http://ijebuloaded.com/why-i-shunned-bellos-inauguration-faleke/

Hmmm

Plz I need to gloat with wike. Why would d SC say it didn't want CRA n DP be disgraced again in a rerun. I just don't understand dis kind of judgment

gringringrin
Re: Why I Shunned Bello’s Inauguration – Faleke by Owoplenty(m): 4:56am On Jan 28, 2016
Don't even come

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Burns Kids Alive In Maiduguri -witness / Fayose To Buhari: Unecessary Trips Bleeding Country’s Economy / Counter Terror Drill By Nigeria Security Forces pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.