Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan (2643 Views)

Nigeria Looks To Russia, Pakistan For Arms, With Continuing US Embargo / The Soldier Who Has Seen His Family Only 12times In 6yrs Cos Of Boko Haram / I See No Wisdom In The South South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Former President Goodluck
Jonathan is excited that President
Muhammadu Buhari’s government
replicated a policy that started in
his administration. Speaking during a press conference in
Geneva, Switzerland, Jonathan said
his administration used education as a
tool to fight insurgency. He said education remained a potent
tool that could be used in combating
terrorism, and advised African leaders
to make use of this approach to tackle
the menace. “I began the practice of giving
education the highest sectoral
allocation beginning with my very first
budget as president in 2011,” he said. “My policy was to fight insecurity in
the immediate term using counter
insurgency strategies and the military
and for the long term I fought it using
education as a tool. “Thankfully, the administration that
succeeded mine in its first budget,
appears to have seen wisdom in
continuing the practice of giving
education the highest sectoral
allocation. This is commendable. “As I have always believed, if we do
not spend billions educating our youths
today, we will spend it fighting
insecurity tomorrow. And you do not
have to spend on education just
because of insecurity. It is also the prudent thing to do. “I feel that what people in my position,
statesmen and former leaders, ought
to be doing is to help build consensus
all over Africa, to ensure that certain
issues should not be politicized. “Education is one of those issues. If
former African leaders can form
themselves into an advisory group to
gently impress on incumbent leaders
the necessity of meeting the United
Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
recommended allocation of 26% of a
nations annual budget on education, I
am certain that Africa will make
geometric progress in meeting her
Millennium Development Goals and improving on every index of the
Human Development Index.” Jonathan further explained his
approach of using education to
checkmate insurgency, recalling how
his administration built Almajiri
schools in the north. He also spoke of how the multi-
national joint task force was
strengthened under him and how his
government helped security forces to
boost intelligence, leading to the arrest
of prime suspects in criminal cases. “In Nigeria, the Federal Government
actually does not have a responsibility
for primary and secondary education,
but I could not in good conscience
stomach a situation where 52.4% of
males in the Northeastern region of Nigeria have no formal Western
education,” he said. “The figure is even worse when you
take into account the states most
affected by the insurgency. “Eighty-three per centof male
population in Yobe state have no
formal Western education. In Borno
state it is 63.6%. Bearing this in mind,
is it a coincidence that the Boko
Haram insurgency is strongest in these two states? “So even though we did not have a
responsibility for primary and
secondary education going by the way
the Nigerian federation works, I felt
that where I had ability, I also had
responsibility even if the constitution said it was not my responsibility. “Knowing that terrorism thrives under
such conditions my immediate goal
was to increase the penetration of
Western education in the region while
at the same time making sure that the
people of the region did not see it as a threat to their age old practices of
itinerant Islamic education known as
Almajiri. “Another aspect of the anti terror war
we waged in Nigeria that has not
received enough attention is our effort
to improve on our intelligence
gathering capacity. “Prior to my administration, Nigeria’s
intelligence architecture was designed
largely around regime protection, but
through much sustained effort we
were able to build capacity such that
our intelligence agencies were able to trace and apprehend the masterminds
behind such notorious terror
incidences as the Christmas Day
bombing of the St. Theresa Catholic
Church in Madalla, Niger State. “Other suspects were also traced and
arrested including those behind the
Nyanya and Kuje bombings. “Not only did we apprehend suspects,
but we tried and convicted some of
them including the ring leader of the
Madalla bombing cell, Kabir Sokoto,
who is right now serving a prison
sentence.”

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Day11(m): 11:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
Wey d Maggi?
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
bubu is a dullard
meanwhile, his spending more on propaganda than education via allocation just paid off............... chibok just got bombed again

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by kaypound(m): 11:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Success has many friends while failure is an orphan.
Even the C in C of yam eater association is famzing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 12:12am On Jan 28, 2016
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by irondome: 12:38am On Jan 28, 2016
This man self. Still the same old clueless speech. I am sure it was the yet to be signed education budget that helped your successor to qwell the ravaging fire of boko haram.

He doesn't want to admit Pmb succeeded where he failed woefully.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by peacengine(m): 12:48am On Jan 28, 2016
PMB has copied virtually all your policies even your budget

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by obasiken: 12:55am On Jan 28, 2016
GEJ on point. The truth is like pregnancy. No matter how long it is hidden. It will eventaully be exposed.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by JustOzito(f): 1:10am On Jan 28, 2016
I just can't help it. u inspire me with the way u approach issue. even as an ex President u still command respect. Imagine after ruling all this years illiteracy still reign as a king in dat region. thanks sir for truly practicing one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 6:04am On Jan 28, 2016
Txonyi:
bubu is a dullard
meanwhile, his spending more on propaganda than education via allocation just paid off............... chibok just got bombed again
And they told us they have win the war against BH *smh*
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by chubhiee: 6:22am On Jan 28, 2016
Buhari the copycat. If the propaganda machines of Apc claimed Gej was clueless, it then follows that Buhari is Eberibe personified.
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 6:27am On Jan 28, 2016
peacengine:
PMB has copied virtually all your policies even your budget
I swear its lack of experience that is worrying all of them. Buhari should just swallow his pride and walk up to Jonathan for guidance on how to run his government. Because if he depends on lie mohammed and co his name will end up being drag in the mud,

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by APCsupporter: 6:30am On Jan 28, 2016
Copying what did you start? As at the time u left boko haram atttacks were at its peak, there was no light for almost 2 weeks, our economy had not been diversifed, billions were stolen, efcc was toothless, u depleted our foreign reserves, big thieves like metuh were still free

I can go on and on and on and on.

Meanwhile I can see his a$$ lickers ^^^ there

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 6:30am On Jan 28, 2016
JustOzito:
I just can't help it. u inspire me with the way u approach issue. even as an ex President u still command respect. Imagine after ruling all this years illiteracy still reign as a king in dat region. thanks sir for truly practicing one Nigeria
He is a living legend
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by APCsupporter: 6:32am On Jan 28, 2016
We all know that govt has to do with continuity but implementation is the most important thing. You shall continue to remain in the history of Nigeria as one of the most useless, clueless and corrupt president ever to exist on this earrg

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 6:39am On Jan 28, 2016
APCsupporter:
Copying what did you start? As at the time u left boko haram atttacks were at its peak, there was no light for almost 2 weeks, our economy had not been diversifed, billions were stolen, efcc was toothless, u depleted our foreign reserves, big thieves like metuh were still free

I can go on and on and on and on.

Meanwhile I can see his a$$ lickers ^^^ there
And don't 4get before he left how much was kerosine then? Is their anything like the imposed 50naira stamp duty, hope you remember how much jonathan budget for food and all of you were shouting like someone who ran out of aro. But now you guys are blind to see what bubu budgeted. Time will tell.
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2016
APCsupporter:
We all know that govt has to do with continuity but implementation is the most important thing. You shall continue to remain in the history of Nigeria as one of the most useless, clueless and corrupt president ever to exist on this earrg
For your mind right. When will you wake up to the reality of life. Am not surprise sha, we are in a season of blame by the government of blame
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by APCsupporter: 6:45am On Jan 28, 2016
Sammyashol:
And don't 4get before he left how much was kerosine then? Is their anything like the imposed 50naira stamp duty, hope you remember how much jonathan budget for food and all of you were shouting like someone who ran out of aro. But now you guys are blind to see what bubu budgeted. Time will tell.

How much was crude oil price under his regime? Its now less than a quarter of how much It sold under his tenure. He should have looked ahead and diversified the economy but instead he looted everything lootable.

What happened to the partial subsidy removal? Didn't he loot the money? Please u guys should go and attain further education and stop messing around here

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by JustOzito(f): 6:46am On Jan 28, 2016
Sammyashol:
He is a living legend
truly he is
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Caseless: 6:51am On Jan 28, 2016
The best way to treat Jonathan is by not reading or watching anything said by him. He says meaningless things, but for the fact that he's gentle at it, you have pity for him and probably be controlled by your emotions to give meaning to his statement.

Gej, I refuse to fall for this.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Progressive01(m): 6:52am On Jan 28, 2016
What exactly did the Clueless Drunken criminal achieve besides granting thieves presidential pardon, formulating theories to excuse criminals of their acts such as the "stealing is not corruption" theory and the "Yam and Goat"??

This fool should shut his mouth already. He sounds wiser when he does.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 6:52am On Jan 28, 2016
APCsupporter:

How much was crude oil price under his regime? Its now less than a quarter of how much It sold under his tenure. He should have looked ahead and diversified the economy but instead he looted everything lootable.

What happened to the partial subsidy removal? Didn't he loot the money? Please u guys should go and attain further education and stop messing around here
lol, the pot calling the kettle black, am not surprise tho. On the issue of attaining further edu you say that to your boss bubu himself, we all know he is lacking,
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by APCsupporter: 6:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Sammyashol:
lol, the pot calling the kettle black, am not surprise tho. On the issue of attaining further edu you say that to your boss bubu himself, we all know he is lacking,

Your problem is u see today and forget tomorrow. We wouldn't have been in this mess if had the mental ability to see ahead

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by APCsupporter: 7:02am On Jan 28, 2016
Sammyashol:
For your mind right. When will you wake up to the reality of life. Am not surprise sha, we are in a season of blame by the government of blame

I would have loved to talk some sense into ur head but time is going. I'm not jobless

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 7:09am On Jan 28, 2016
Progressive01:
What exactly did the Clueless Drunken criminal achieve besides granting thieves presidential pardon, formulating theories to excuse criminals of their acts such as the "stealing is not corruption" theory and the "Yam and Goat"??

This fool should shut his mouth already. He sounds wiser when he does.
choi so thats all u could see or u just came back from diaspora? For ur info he created 12 federal universities, revived the rail sector, created 20 almajiri schools, all for the sake of the poor. If you still need more i supply u info
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 7:15am On Jan 28, 2016
APCsupporter:

Your problem is u see today and forget tomorrow. We wouldn't have been in this mess if had the mental ability to see ahead
Lol, tomorrow will still become history. Some were there before and some will still be there after. Let's face the present because no one knows tomorrow
Re: Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan by Sammyashol(m): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2016
APCsupporter:

I would have loved to talk some sense into ur head but time is going. I'm not jobless
Oh sorry time demand is highly placed on you, its better you leave quick so that your boss won't sanction you. Am proud to be an enterpreneur

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Hard / ‘Foolish Youths’: Ben Murray-Bruce Blasts Youths Fighting Over APC And Pdp(pics) / Photos Of Late Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero As A Little Boy And A Young Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.