Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats (2150 Views)

Quotation And Rough Estimate Of Building A 10 Room Self Contain Hostel. / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Estimate Of Cost Of Fencing 1 Plot Of Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats by orlanmagic: 12:50am On Jun 28, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,

I would appreciate any "rough" estimate / Budget on what it would cost to finish a 1 Storey, 4 flats building that is roofed ( Carcas )

Things like

1. Wiring
2. Plumbing
3. Plastering
4. Roofing boards
5. Painting
6. Alumaco windows
7. 16 Doors

Any reference to a reputable builder with expertise in finishing is welcomed,

The House is located in Ikorodu, Lagos state
Re: Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2009
Re: Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats by desse: 11:41am On Jun 29, 2009
@orlanmagic

Am an architect/ builder. for a buiilding that is roofed to carcass level . And reqires

1. Wiring
2. Plumbing
3. Plastering
4. Roofing boards
5. Painting
6. Alumaco windows
7. 16 Doors

give or take 6-7million naira for a good finishes. you can contact me on hopemanflee@yahoo.comor call +2348033506527,+2348073711489,+2347040649467
Re: Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats by orlanmagic: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2009
Thanks Ytechconst and Dese ( i will definately contact you once im ready ),

@ Ytech the building is already roofed, so if you can check again

@ Dese what could be the big contributors to finishing that could take up to 6 million, I know some finishing could be as high as 20 million, but just curious to know how much the listed items could cost in a building

The building is average size ,

Anyone else is welcome to join in this thread,
Re: Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 01, 2009
Hello orlanmagic;
It is impossible to get the estimate for completing a building from the description you have given.

''I would appreciate any "rough" estimate / Budget on what it would cost to finish a 1 Storey, 4 flats building that is roofed ( Carcas )
Things like
1. Wiring
2. Plumbing
3. Plastering
4. Roofing boards
5. Painting
6. Alumaco windows
7. 16 Doors''

Lots of factors must be considered.
Everyone trying to give you a price is trying to perhaps satisfy you. (''He needs a price, lets give it to him'')
Please everyone, lets not encourage or celebrate mediocrity on this forum.

If you doubt me, please read in between the lines again: Someone is quoting 20m and another 6m for the same job.
The disparity is definitely too much.
This shows that their understanding of the task at hand varies significantly.

(Live scenario; In this same forum, someone requested for quotes for a particular building. A couple of us responded to this. Although we were given the site address and asked to visit the site before quoting for the job( an example I think you should emulate), it happened that whilst I quoted 8.4m, someone quoted 6.2m for the same job. Although I was subsequently given the job due to reasons best known to the client (amongst which is demonstration of competence,experience and past delivery), I was mandated to do it for 6.2m because someone had already quoted that price. O.k give it to that person,I demanded, the client refused! I insisted. We agreed that the chap will do the job while I supervise him. Upon examination of his cost estimate which at this moment was made available to me, we realized that lots of things were missing; external works,car ports, electricity supply from mains, borehole and water storage and supply, burglary, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets, gate, steel security doors etc. In a nutshell, what he quoted for 6.2m would have been achieved with about 4.5m in my quote.He was stopped. (Please no offense intended if you are reading this, I have ensured that no name or trace element have been written herein)

I think you should give the house the following details to get a good price overview;

1) The location (I'm not saying the exact address, in case you want to be anonymous about this for now, but it help)
2) Brief description of the building
3) Size of building and plot
4) Other facilities in the building apart from the regular no. of rooms and living room. This may include laundry, family lounge, kitchenette, BQ etc
5) Details of the extent of work already done/completed
6) Brief description of the desired scope of work to be executed
7) Standard anticipated
cool Duration

With this, you are assured of a realistic price form respondents.
Take kia
My email is below
Re: Estimate Of Finishing A Block Of 4 Flats by biolabee(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2009
nice post design5!!!

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Acres Of Land For Sale In Ibadan / 8 Bedroom Mansion For Sale At Royal Estate, Badore Ajah, Lagos For N55m / Wall Art, Stickers And Murals For Your Office, Bedroom Of Children's Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.