Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu (748 Views)

Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners / Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump / 80 Boko Haram Men Join ISIS In Libya ,niger ( Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu by EriSaho: 5:54am On Jan 28, 2016
Greeting,

From my understanding is, Nigeria is one of the richest country in Africa and they are progressing very well. They have resources that gives them the advantage to head forward.

So, why do some sizable numbers of Nigerians flee to Libya or Morocco in order to reach Europe in the most dangerous route aka the Mediterranean sea in a broken boat where they could end up drowning which happens often in the last two years?

African migrants are treated like dirt in lawless, war torn and warlord run-Libya where they face slavery and concentration style camp (see VICE on YT), and recently being looked down in Europe?

Isn't Nigeria better than that? What makes them flee when Nigeria is rich? And why is the government not doing anything to stop them from risking their lives?

I hope my tone is not harsh or anything. I just wanna know why they risk themselves fleeing when their country is in a decent position. undecided
Re: Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu by chubhiee: 6:12am On Jan 28, 2016
Nigeria is currently in a refugee situation. Citizens are getting massacred in large quantum every passing day.

Forget the illusion of Nigeria being wealthy and a giant in Africa. The economy of Nigeria is in shambles,non existence of even the basic necessities of life compared to their fellow African nations. If every youth in Nigeria is offered the chance to cross over the mediterranean on a raft they would gladly oblige.
Re: Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu by babyfaceafrica: 6:16am On Jan 28, 2016
You give Nigeria too much credit please...however I quite agree that those who indulge in such fruitless missions should think twice
Re: Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu by SamJed(m): 6:22am On Jan 28, 2016
EriSaho:
Greeting,

From my understanding is, Nigeria is one of the richest country in Africa and they are progressing very well. They have resources that gives them the advantage to head forward.

So, why do some sizable numbers of Nigerians flee to Libya or Morocco in order to reach Europe in the most dangerous route aka the Mediterranean sea in a broken boat where they could end up drowning which happens often in the last two years?

African migrants are treated like dirt in lawless, war torn and warlord run-Libya where they face slavery and concentration style camp (see VICE on YT), and recently being looked down in Europe?

Isn't Nigeria better than that? What makes them flee when Nigeria is rich? And why is the government not doing anything to stop them from risking their lives?

I hope my tone is not harsh or anything. I just wanna know why they risk themselves fleeing when their country is in a decent position. undecided
from ur previous post, i guess u are from Eritrea...to ur question, the picture painted to u about us here in Nigeria may not be exactly what you think. The fact remains that those that leave, leave for greener pasture. Not every citizen is satisfied with what he is getting in nigerian. So for me, leaving the country is normal...it is just in search for greener pastures. Even citizens of top countries leave their countries too. It doesn't mean that their country is not okay but everyone wants a better place.
Re: Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu by chubhiee: 6:30am On Jan 28, 2016
SamJed:
from ur previous post, i guess u are from Eritrea...to ur question, the picture painted to u about us here in Nigeria may not be exactly what you think. The fact remains that those that leave, leave for greener pasture. Not every citizen is satisfied with what he is getting in nigerian. So for me, leaving the country is normal...it is just in search for greener pastures. Even citizens of top countries leave their countries too. It doesn't mean that their country is not okay but everyone wants a better place.
You need to see desperate measures people adopt to escape Nigeria. goto our immigration centers that issues passports,embassies,airports and all exist points in Nigeria and see things for yourself.

The iimmigration officers will first congratulate you that God has answered your prayers and you tip them. it continues till you exist the hole and see how real working societies look and ask yourmaker why you were even born a Nigerian in the first instance.
Re: Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu by SamJed(m): 6:50am On Jan 28, 2016
chubhiee:

You need to see desperate measures people adopt to escape Nigeria. goto our immigration centers that issues passports,embassies,airports and all exist points in Nigeria and see things for yourself.

The iimmigration officers will first congratulate you that God has answered your prayers and you tip them. it continues till you exist the hole and see how real working societies look and ask yourmaker why you were even born a Nigerian in the first instance.
true....but i still wonder where Africa as a whole was when the world was developing
Re: Questions About Nigerian Migrants In Libya/eu by chubhiee: 7:03am On Jan 28, 2016
SamJed:
true....but i still wonder where Africa as a whole was when the world was developing
let's narrow it down home. Africa as a whole has left Nigeria in terms of providing the basic necessities of life for her citizenry. even the ones that just finished fighting civil wars. why is Nigeria struggling to provide portable drinking water for her citizens

You should first wonder,wail and pity the conditions in Nigeria before you consider other African nations who see Nigeria as comedy.

(1) (Reply)

Read The Agreement Between Imo State Government & Labor / They Will Kill Us But By The End Biafra Will Come, Says Pro-biafra Leader, Kanu / Recognition-of-solospace-republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.