Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts (41260 Views)

”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady / Currency-in-circulation Drops To N1.769 Trillion / 10-Year-Old Barber Who Makes At Least N5,000 Daily (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by femidejulius(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2016
Really?Tell me more
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by saintfizzo(m): 11:00am On Jan 28, 2016
macklef:

Afeelya. Thats a way to think. He should negotiate better with his personal purchase in millions.
If he bargains sometin of 300mill for 290mil he saved 10mill. Thats significant
Not bargaining 5k for 1k n saving 4k just because its a common man.
Then he will use that 4k+40k to buy wine dat he will drink n not finish.
Pftttttttt
lol.... U so on point wiv that grin
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by mccoy47(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2016
Yeah. Its always like that when you work for your money!
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by sweetguy10(m): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2016
macklef:

Afeelya. Thats a way to think. He should negotiate better with his personal purchase in millions.
If he bargains sometin of 300mill for 290mil he saved 10mill. Thats significant
Not bargaining 5k for 1k n saving 4k just because its a common man.
Then he will use that 4k+40k to buy wine dat he will drink n not finish.
Pftttttttt
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2016
Yeah! I read this story before. tongue
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by mekonglobal(m): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2016
It runs in d blood, and the way i see it, dis man even d bargain the price of pvssy sef :x
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by gigabyte13: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2016
Lesson learnt " the rich also price" but call it #bargaining.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by moneyurch(m): 11:56am On Jan 28, 2016
sandraokosun:
not suprised. D guy no gree get university cos it aint lucrative to him, but prefers every one man monopoly business
But you can build one and probably pay him for naming your school DANGOTE UNIVERSITY then ur uni will be the number one in Africa, as humans enjoy high sounding brand not minding the content
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by creatorpikin(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Very easy to do when they know you can afford to buy the whole hotel. A regular Joe will be rudely shown the way out.

U garrit!!!
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by feelme3(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Abeg na Dangote be that oh. No try to pull that stunt if you no belong to the cabal. Walahi na leg you to take waka comot.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Lukibaby(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2016
that's not motivation you're only encouraging the valet to reap people off.

saintfizzo:
We got different attitudes for different personalties... when I become a Billionaire cheesy i'll give 7k instead of 5k with a big understanding smile to #Motivate the valet to #DreamBig of days he also will become like me.... motivating humanity tops my own priority than being shrewd in unnecessary situations.... nuff respect to Dangote tho wink

2 Likes

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by dokunbam(m): 12:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
Chanchit:
Real business men no dey waste money anyhow.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by NobleAngell(f): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Not really surprised tho. I won't find that hard to believe considering the fact that most of these rich men are stingy AF. They believe everyone must strive like they did.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by sandraokosun: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
moneyurch:
But you can build one and probably pay him for naming your school DANGOTE UNIVERSITY then ur uni will be the number one in Africa, as humans enjoy high sounding brand not minding the content
sure i must build one. Amen

1 Like

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by grandstar(m): 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Very easy to do when they know you can afford to buy the whole hotel. A regular Joe will be rudely shown the way out.
I doubt if parking fees is more thsn 200. In many hotels it is free
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by AyakaDunukofia: 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
Most Igbo were already born with Dangote's gifted fiscal discip!ine. It's either you have the nature or not, regardless of your networth. And it is mostly found in people who had trading background.

Dangote cut his teeth as a trader and the training would always live with him.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by jaybee3(m): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
I didn't learn anything simply because is action was counter productive and frankly Bismark was right. His time was worth more than the discount

There are times when it's necessary to haggle but sometimes it's better to view the deliberate mark up price as a way of giving back instead of handing money over to street beggars

Would dangote haggle over Tips at any restaurant in NY?

True story

Some dude tried to sell me a hublot (obviously fake) watch on the lekki/epe expressway. I asked him if he thought I wouldn’t know the difference after showing him the watch I had on me on the day.
He smiled and off he went only for me to call him back and hand him N5K (he actually tried to sell it for 10K or there about) . I told him I loved the fact that he was out there hustling to survive rather than begging people for money on the street or worse still engaging in despicable acts.

3 Likes

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Vyolet(f): 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dangote can't be termed stingy, he only taught that guy some lesson.
The actual price is 1000naira but the guy on sighting Dangote hyped the price to 5000naira.
He is even more greedy than Dangote himself.
He should have simply asked "oga, anything for the boys?" or he shuts up.
Most market women do it as well, they call higher price just cos they see you in a big car.

2 Likes

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
HOW many times i go hear this story ?

I personally dont like doing business with rich men. One hardly makes profit from them. It happens everyday..
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by AyakaDunukofia: 12:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
jaybee3:
I didn't learn a thing simply because is action was counter productive and frankly Bismark was right. His time was worth more than the discount

There are times when it's necessary to haggle but sometimes it's better to view the deliberate mark up price as a way of giving back instead of handing money over to street beggars

Would dangote haggle over Tips at any restaurant in NY?

Dangote knew his schedule and shouldnt be schooled on time and money.

Fiscal discipline trickles down to the most trivial in most rich people who worked hard to get to the top.

American Texan billionaire Henry Ross Perrot still has time to wait in a street barber's shop to cut his hair with ten dollar.

1 Like

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by braine(m): 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
JumiR:
By JUMI RHODES

Although his net worth is about $14.1billion as of today, Aliko Dangote deplores being wasteful with money. The billionaire CEO/founder of Dangote Group is Africa's richest man. Dangote owns a private jet, a yacht as well as choice properties in Ikoyi, and Victoria Island, exclusive playgrounds of ultra-wealthy Nigerians in Lagos. By the standards of some Nigerian billionaires,Dangote is not that extravagant, but is not always so frugal.

Dangote's longtime friend Bismarck Rewane, CEO of consultancy firm Financial Derivatives,in an interview with Reuters recalled a business dinner they had at Eko Hotel in Victoria Island. According to Rewane, when he and the billionaire businessman left in Dangote's black Mercedes, the hotel staff had charged 5,000 Naira for parking, which was in excess, but nothing for a man of Dangote's wealth.

Suspecting the rip-off, Rewane said Dangote negotiated it down to 1,000 Naira. In Rewane's words, "He(Dangote) spent a good few minutes doing it. I said to him: 'let's just go. Our time is more valuable than a few thousand naira. But he wouldn't let it go. He smiled afterward. He was so happy he'd got a good deal."

http://dawntodusknews.com/day-aliko-dangote-bargained-n5000-eko-hotel-car-park-fee-to-n1000-friend-recounts/

You cant imagine how much i've learned from this short piece.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
Everyone has the ability to negotiate but the big question is, whether you will allow the regulars the time without applying force or intimidation?
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by ezstino: 1:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
saintfizzo:
We got different attitudes for different personalties... when I become a Billionaire cheesy i'll give 7k instead of 5k with a big understanding smile to #Motivate the valet to #DreamBig of days he also will become like me.... motivating humanity tops my own priority than being shrewd in unnecessary situations.... nuff respect to Dangote tho wink

Guy I'm far more motivated by what Dongote did than you paying higher than what you are charged

1 Like

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
Well its his money he can do whatever

Earn yours today, invest your time
http://dollarcell.com/?ref=55686
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
saintfizzo:
#Motivate the valet to #DreamBig of days he also will become like me.... motivating humanity tops my own priority than being shrewd in unnecessary situations.... wink

My good friend, that kind of Profligacy doesn't motivate one to become rich.
It only feeds your sense of more expense.
Please read RICH DAD, POOR DAD by Robert Kiyosaki.
Thank me later.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Sunky200: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
that's the secret of being a million/billionaire
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by yinkopet: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmm...d giant scene behind negotiation...bein affluent doesnt jst denote u spendin lavishly but judiciously....keepin tabs wit ur expenses usin a jotter 4 pecuniary reasn is a nice way 2 spendin spree.....#d hotel attendant go b lik "dis dangote stingy wella ooo"
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by hopefulLandlord: 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
saintfizzo:

True my man

I once negotiated the price for the repair of my shoe with an Aboki, I reduced it from 100 to 50

when he was done, I gave him 100 and told him to keep the change

he looked shocked and broke out the kind of smile you only see an Aboki smile to another Aboki and said "thank you"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
A regular Joe would still haggle the price in that type of situation, a lot of Nigerians do it all the time when they are in a situation that allows price bargaining.

Aigbofa:
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Blackops(m): 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
A friend of mine was pained for being ripped off of #400 for a fare which is just #80 after posting it on Facebook people were calling him a broke ass mugger for wailing I looked at them nd just shook my head.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Toks2008(m): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
Chanchit:
Real business men no dey waste money anyhow.

I was with a dude yesterday and he was sayinbg something about spending 1million naira on a one night stand with a lady and i was like ...even dangote wont dare.

Bill gate once said "if a dime falls down from my money,i wil pick it up"

The truth is that Rich men who make legitimate money are prudent.they don't waste money.

1 Like

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Maximus85(m): 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
Very old story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Dangote Refinery Petrol Is White / The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks / CBN Offers ₦50 Billion Credit To Households, Businesses Affected By Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.