Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer (38140 Views)

'I Sleep With Seven Men Daily' – 18-Year-Old Human Trafficking Victim / 3 Men Abduct 16-year-old Girl With Modelling Interview Story / Unknown Men Abduct A Man In Katsina State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Islie: 7:09am On Jan 28, 2016
Olaleye Aluko

A fashion designer, Funmi (pseudonym), has been abducted and gang-raped by seven men on Powerline Road, Oko Oba, in the Agege area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the Elere Police Division, where the rape was reported, had arrested a 32-year-old man, Abiodun Ariyo, as one of the suspects.

Ariyo, who is a cobbler and reportedly made advances to Funmi in the past which she refused, allegedly led six of his friends to abduct and gang-rape the 20-year-old lady.

Our correspondent learnt that on Sunday at about 9pm, Funmi was returning home from her shop when she was said to have been waylaid by Ariyo on Powerline Road.

The suspect, who reportedly came with six men, allegedly dragged the lady to a place where she was gang-raped.

Our correspondent gathered that Funmi was thereafter taken away to a yet-to-be-identified building where she was kept till the evening of Monday.

The victim’s family members were said to have looked everywhere for the lady without success, after which they reported at the police station.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the gang later sneaked into the area at about 11pm on Monday and dropped off Funmi on her street.

The lady was said to have become unconscious, as she could not talk for about a day.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Funmi’s elder brother, Olasunkanmi, said the family was distraught while trying to find out the whereabouts of the victim.

He said, “Abbey (Ariyo) had earlier disturbed my sister, but she was not interested. Later, he bought her a phone which she collected. When we learnt about it, we told her to return it as Abbey was not a responsible man.

“She went to return the phone to Abbey on Saturday. On Sunday, she was returning home around 9pm from her shop when Abbey led some guys to rape her.

“They took her to a place where they slept with her. We searched for her all through Sunday till Monday. I went to her shop, but her friends said they did not see her. Around 11pm on Monday, she staggered back home.

“We asked her what happened, but she could not say anything. It was on the second day, Tuesday, that she told us that it was Abbey and his friends that gang-raped her.

“She could not recall other faces well, but she recognised Abbey. However, the police have yet to arrest the other suspects.”
A social worker, identified only as Ike, who took Funmi for medical examination, said the result was being awaited to know if the victim had any complication.

She said, “The lady could identify only one person who has now been arrested. The suspect and his parents live in the same house. The man is still denying the incident. She has been taken for a medical test and we are awaiting the result.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that the matter had been brought to the attention of the Lagos State Domestic and Social Violence Response Team.

The team’s Coordinator, Lola Vivour-Adeniyi, said the Department of Public Prosecutions had prepared a letter to request the duplicate case file once the matter was charged to court.

She said, “When the victim was brought to our attention, we engaged the Divisional Police Officer and the police ensured the arrest of one of the key suspects.

“This is a drug-addicted rape, so the lady could barely recognise the faces. She narrated to us that when she saw Abbey, they were talking about his phone.

“She suddenly saw different men behind him, and one of them used a handkerchief to cover her nose. That was the last thing she knew.

“We are waiting for the result of the medical tests. So, once the matter is charged to court, we have stood by with the DPP to request the duplicate case file for advice.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, had yet to get back to our correspondent on the incident.

www.punchng.com/seven-men-abduct-gang-rape-fashion-designer/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Imortal001: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2016
Na waa oo
Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by INTROVERT(f): 7:11am On Jan 28, 2016
terrible.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by nickjnr21(m): 7:12am On Jan 28, 2016
God....what's happening...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by nusta(m): 7:17am On Jan 28, 2016
If found guilty, they should be punished in equal measure!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Redoil: 7:17am On Jan 28, 2016
While their gurls prefer to be a third or fourth wife to a man their boys are always busy raping their gurls.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by dre11(m): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2016
He said, “Abbey (Ariyo) had earlier disturbed my sister, but she was not interested. Later, he bought her a phone which she collected. When we learnt about it, we told her to return it as Abbey was not a responsible man.

why do you have to collect gift and money from a guy you never intended to date when he has asked you out........

when will ladies ever learn

the guy and his friends are mad..... even animals don't gang rape each other

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Cutehector(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2016
I think females should start raping men in return grin

6 Likes

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Omotayor123(f): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2016
Oh my God... Why Rape embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by naijaboy756: 8:38am On Jan 28, 2016
dre11:

why do you have to collect gift and money from a guy you never intended to date when he has asked you out........

when will ladies ever learn

the guy and his friends are mad..... even animals don't gang rape each other
no mind some girls. Thinking they are smart but filled with fish brains. Collected phone without sex or love in return... Even in Freetown !!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by latuntop(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2016
crime and criminals everywhere, just like everywhere you go in MTN advert. Naija tire me small jare.

1 Like

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by ijustdey: 11:13am On Jan 28, 2016
something animals can't do...... we humans keep doing it to ourselves

3 Likes

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 28, 2016
This is just sad
Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Omotayor123(f): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
lofty900:
because it's sweet
May God Deliver you. undecided I think it's high time capital punishment is enforced on Rape..

Perverts Everywhere cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by cutetopsey(f): 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Jesus!

This is wickedness of the highest order. These men are heartless. They will definitely pay for their acts. No doubt about that

Check my signature on how to get rid excess ugly belly fats

2 Likes

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by ShitHead(m): 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Naira is crashing...jobs crashing...pusssy crashing...sai baba!!! I dey hail oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by SPG4U(m): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
this will be interesting, let me go back and read
Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Uninimi: 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
The evil that men do
Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Justicealh3(m): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
Kai kai kai.

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Tgold1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
pix or i dont believe it. End time rape,
Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by holllandis: 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Redoil:
While their gurls prefer to be a third or fourth wife to a man their boys are always busy raping their gurls.
Lol ,very bush people grin.Drinks to you

1 Like

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Smellymouth: 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Chaii

Dis is sad
Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by Smellymouth: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
ijustdey:
something animals can't do...... we humans keep doing it to ourselves

1 Like

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by chuose: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
I just came to check names.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by BABANGBALI: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
i feel like making love right now. The thing dey hungry me bad bad

1 Like

Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by callJesu: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer by ladyF(f): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
Still wondering why Nigeria hasn't passed a bill against rape. Even the common sense senator hasn't moved for it. They are more concerned about their pockets.

This is quite saddening to [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] cry cry cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Greg Indyor: Man And His Entire Family Found Dead In Benue State / Woman Burns Her 8-year-old Nephew’s Back And Buttocks With Hot Iron (Graphic) / UNICEF Kicks: 13-Year-Old Omar Farouq Sentenced To 10 Years Jail For Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.