Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

The 85-year-old Farmer Kidnapped In Ekiti Regains Freedom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The 85-year-old Farmer Kidnapped In Ekiti Regains Freedom (388 Views)

Policeman Shoots 23-Year-Old Farmer In Delta. Photos / Kidnappers In Enugu Who Received N5Million On 85-Year-Old Woman Arrested / 75-year-old Farmer Rapes Girl With Autism In Ogun (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 85-year-old Farmer Kidnapped In Ekiti Regains Freedom by Lautechgossip(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2016

Earlier yesterday it was reported that an 85 year old farmer was abducted in Ikere Ekiti.

The 85-year-old Ekiti State peasant farmer, Gabriel Oloro, who was kidnapped while going home with his wife in Ikere Ekiti, has been released.

It was revealed that the family paid the kidnappers an undisclosed sum of money, after the police failed to rescue him.

Our correspondent had reported that Gabriel was driving his wife home on January 20, 2016, when their vehicle was hijacked by the armed gang.

The gang initially demanded N40m ransom for Gabriel, which was later reduced to N10m.

He was reportedly released 2.30am on Wednesday after the family paid some money.

One of the children of the victims, Olumuyiwa Oloro, confirmed the development.

Olumuyiwa, who is the immediate past Chairman of the Ojodu Local Council Development Area, Lagos State, said the gang made fun of them for trusting the police.

He said, “The kidnappers said, ‘Do you think it is the police that will save your father?’ When they discovered that I refused to give in to their N10m demand, they started calling other members of the family and threatening to kill my father.

“After waiting for six days for the law enforcement agents to do their job, and they failed us, we decided to give in to their demand. Some of us had to get loan, while others went to empty their accounts. I personally put up some of my property for sale to raise money.

“When we said the money was ready, they told us to drive to Ikere, and later to Owo. When we got to Owo, they said we should move towards Emure, and then Akungba. After driving for over four hours and the kidnappers were satisfied that there was no police with the delegation, they asked them to drop the money in a bush and go home.

“It was around 2.30am on Wednesday that we got a call that my father had finally arrived and had been taken to a hospital because he was sick before he was kidnapped and his condition had worsened.”

Olumuyiwa thanked Nigerians for the support and prayers during the family’s trying time, urging the police to increase security across the country.

The police spokesperson, Alberto Adeyemi, could not be reached for comment as of press time.

http://www.ekitionline.com.ng/85-year-old-farmer-kidnapped-ekiti-regains-freedom/

Lalasticlala
Re: The 85-year-old Farmer Kidnapped In Ekiti Regains Freedom by ademega(m): 8:45am On Jan 28, 2016
money has gone. they still catch them

(1) (Reply)

Woman Allegedly Vomits, Excretes 80 Wraps Of Cocaine At Abuja Airport / Boko Haram Wanted To Kill Me,sheriff To Kayode / Amechi-governor That Cannot Protect His Pple...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.