Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

8 Simple Ways To Change User Name In Wordpress Dashboard - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 Simple Ways To Change User Name In Wordpress Dashboard (261 Views)

Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard / Please Help! I Can't Login To My Wordpress Dashboard (wp-admin) / Easiest Way To Login To Wordpress Dashboard And Cpanel Using Simpleserver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Simple Ways To Change User Name In Wordpress Dashboard by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
With what I have seen so far, the majority of WordPress users just opted for the default username settings of “Admin” as it is was the easiest option.

If you are one of those blog or website owners who fit this scenario then I am afraid that I am a harbinger of bad news. You have just handed a potential hacker 50% of your log in details.

I mean every word of it! That’s right, 50%. All he needs to do now is just work out your password and he can gain entry into your blog or website and cause considerable damage.

So in this short and to the point tutorial, I will show you how can change your username and at the same time make it harder for a hacker to access your site.

The 8 simple steps involved are as follows:

1. Log into your WordPress dashboard and on the left hand side click on the ‘Users’ tab.

2. Next, you need to click on add new.

3. Fill in your details making sure that you choose a username other than ‘admin’. Perhaps you can use your own name or a nick name followed by some numerals e.g. Cynthia Yeboah, CynYeb or Yebcyn.

Now before I forget, make sure that you make your password as strong as possible. I recommend you use at least 12 characters made up of letter, numerals and those special characters that sit atop of your numbers (#, ?, $, % etc.)

4. When you have completed, scroll down to where it allows you to select the role of this new user and set the option to ‘administrator.’

Read full report at: http://efogator.com/change-user-name-in-wordpress-dashboard/

(1) (Reply)

Want To Sell Your Domain Name Or Website / UK And US Adsense For Sale At A Give Away Prices / How To Blog | Blogging "Must Knows" For Beginners & You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.