Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement (21374 Views)

Adesola Amosu's £2m Mansion In UK (Photos Shared By APC London) / Adesola Amosu Returns N2.3bn To FG / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by LocalChamp: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Nigeria's Former Chief Of Air Staff Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement Fraud
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK JAN 28, 2016

Nigeria's former Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Adesola Amosu, has been arrested and detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over allegations of massive fraud that characterized arms procurement during his tenure.

An EFCC source told SaharaReporters that the retired air marshal is being investigated amongst other acts for reportedly authorizing the purchase of two helicopters without functional rotors. He added that the former top military officer later compelled two air force officers to fly in one of the helicopters after the craft was equipped with a rotor that was taken from an unserviceable Russian-made helicopter gunship. The air force officers died in a crash near Yola, the capital of Adamawa State, because the rotors fitted on their chopper was too heavy.

The source claimed that EFCC investigators had so far traced nine luxury homes to Mr. Amosu. The retired officer’s suspected homes include an imposing property in the Government Reservation Area (GRA) of Ikeja in Lagos State. Our source stated that the Ikeja property is estimated at more than N350 million.

President Muhammadu Buhari recently asked the EFCC to launch a broad investigation of serving and retired military officers suspected of looting funds budgeted for the procurement of weapons and other tools for the Nigerian military to support the war against Islamist insurgents in the country’s northeast.

One EFCC source revealed that agents of the anti-corruption agency were working diligently on numerous investigations involving other top officers who may have milked the defense budget.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/28/nigerias-former-chief-air-staff-amosu-detained-efcc-over-arms-procurement-fraud

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by madridguy(m): 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Send the yam eater to jail straight. Awon Oloshi eleribobobo

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by fammo: 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmmmm......the Goats and the Yams

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is a welcome development... Arrest all yam eaters

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
Great, where is lalasticlala sef

2 Likes

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by seunmsg(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
Good development. He must vomit all the yams he ate and afterwards, EFCC should compel him to fly home alone in the second faulty helicopter that has no functional rotor. He should be forced to experience what he dished out to the late officers.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by bjdon: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
If this is true, then this man should not only be tried for corruption, but also for high treason. If found guilty on the treason charged he should be executed by firing squad.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by doctokwus: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
Why are they being arraigned for fraud only.Why not also for felony or manslaughter?
Men like amosun are murderers!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by oluwalfa: 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
bjdon:
If this is true, then this man should not only be tried for corruption, but also for high treason. If found guilty on the treason charged he should be executed by firing squad.

If if if if if
iffy govt,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by OgbeifunErom: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
Another Yam eater has been arrested

Mr Amosu, you must vomit all those yams whether you like it or not

Wicked omo ale endangering the lives of his troops so that he can build mansions .

I am very sure no omoluabi will support these sort of nonsense

EFCC pursue them, catch them and overtake the bastards

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by PassingShot(m): 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
IVORY2009:

Another lengthy ban awaits you.
And you can't clearly read that I await it?
Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by fineguy11(m): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
Good one...CORRUPTION IS CURRENTLY RECEIVING A BLOODY NOSE!!

5 Likes

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by EazyMoh(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
Jonathan Sef!
Am beginning to hate that man!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by IVORY2009(m): 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
PassingShot:

And you can't clearly read that I await it?

English professor here u come again with another monika, I dey laugh, U know I never went to school. grin
Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by mrvitalis(m): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
This men are really evil. ... And any one who defend them is purely foolish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by bonnybonco: 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is good. We must curb curruption in Nigeria despite who is involved. This will serve as a deterrent to some High Networth Individuals who loot with the believe that they are untouchable. I think Buhari is fighting many people at the same time especially top serving and retired millitary generals and they may not find it funny with him. He should take them one by each and be tactful and careful the way he goes about it. I pray what happened on 27th August 1985 will not happen again. An old adage says "History has a way of repeating itself"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by PentiumPro(f): 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
IPOB miscreants and e-thugs, oya over to you, start defending the rule of law.
Lovers of corrupt people.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by PassingShot(m): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
IVORY2009:

English professor here u come again with another monika, I dey laugh, U know I never went to school. grin
Na my fault say u have comprehension problem?

1 Like

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by IVORY2009(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
PassingShot:
Na my fault say u have comprehension problem?
Professor grin cheesy that's why u are here to teacher me Englisch grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by aieromon(m): 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2016
Keneking:
Great, where is lalasticlala sef

Your day isn't complete without shouting the mods name and posting pictures of your pet chimpanzees. grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by arewafederation: 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
Are these part of the arms Oga Jona is bragging about?

If these charges against Mr Amosun are true, he should be thrown from the top of Zuma rock with a rotor strapped to his back. angry angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by Yeske2(m): 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
This man is simply a murderer and must be tried for murder too.
Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by GodpunishBuhari: 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
La protection la seeker....
Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by Udopasa: 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmm... Wickedness of the highest order. No retreat, no surrender. God bless genuine Nigerians praying for this country and her president.
Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by TippyTop(m): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
When is Burutai, the very man in charge of arms procurement going to be probed?

Send email answers to : 419@apc.com.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by naijathings(m): 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
this SOUP stain go show for everybody cloth by the time investigation reach halfway
Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by ademega(m): 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
only enemy of the country will not support this government

7 Likes

Re: Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement by ibkgab001: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
i just need only 1M ... when all this thieves are milking us dry in billions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Even As Christian, I Refused To Finance CAN Building With Govt Fund / Lauretta Onochie Blasts Patience Jonathan And Diezani Over 'Weird Demands' / Governor Fayemi Denies Attending World Economic Forum In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.