Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,353 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

"We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha (44473 Views)

"Olodo Governor That Can't Pay Salary" Senator Dino Melaye Lambasts Yahaya Bello / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by LKO(m): 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2016
My love for Okorocha has dwindled greatly. He seems to be spending much on frivolities and media hype. I hope he is not a propaganda governor. Why he spent as much as over six hundred million naira for beautification of Owerri during the last Christmas and new year celebrations still beats me hollow.

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by uhiochris1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ndi IMO kwanu !!!!!

He can still go and auction off the hand he used to shake OBAMA to generate small revenue.

Best Regards,
Chris.

3 Likes

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
LKO:
My love for Okorocha has dwindled greatly. He seems to be spending much on frivolities and media hype. I hope he is not a propaganda governor. Why he spent as much as over six hundred million naira for beautification of Owerri during the last Christmas and new year celebrations still beats me hollow.

That amount was never spent but beautification is important too. Imo is a tourist State and needs constant maintenance in terms of beauty. The 600million was a propaganda gone too far made by Okorocha's opponent Ihedioha.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by razzekki(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
After spending all that money on Christmas tree...
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Biafrarep(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
wheredemdey:
*kneels down,hands locked in prayers*

Thank you Lord for ex-governor peter Obi....Thank you Lord for Governor Obiano....Thank You Lord for Anambra state light of the entire black nation....while others are owing salaries...we are increasing ours....

Anambra obodo oma...chaiii.....

Thank goodness abia,enugu and ebonyi are towing the development crase line.....let okoroawusa and his apc folks ruin imo...imo people goofed by voting in this shameless man for another 4yrs.....how can a people be so gullible??....as you make your bed...so you lie on it.
Its such a pity, I cried myself hoarse while telling people why they must not vote for Rochas, though I'm from Imo, I did my voters card at Aba & due to the desperate situation T.A Orji left the state, I thought it was better for me to focus on who wins Abia election because of my attachment to Aba. I really envy Anambra for having two very good governors in succession. Rochas has destroyed Imo state!!!

4 Likes

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by wristbangle: 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
yaki84:

another govr drilled 2 borehole with 189million naira.
dem r all area scatter.

Heard of another building airport in another country angry
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by cuteboy2: 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
ekafine:

for the first time Rochas is facing the reality. You want your governor to lie that all is well when in actual sense the State is broke, down and out? whoever that will rule imo state next will have to beg for another state to annex imo state. APC should stay very far from Akwaibom. cheesy

@eka. Totally agree with you.

Very sensible write up

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by UnimkeAk(m): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
Kikero112:
Well....can't say I am surprised.

It is a well-known fact that many states are in financial trobule. And many states refuse to do the needful to get financially solvent.

For example....Imo should sack redundant civil servants,reduce government house costs, increase IGR,do common office savings (replacing air conditioners with ceiling fans could save money) and most importantly......develop industries

And let's be honest....most states are in the same boat......especially now that oil prices have dropped.

Even if PDP was in charge....I doubt that they would do differently.

High time Imo governor started acting like a leader....and not a politician.That means making the hard choices.

Every small thing ; sack civil servants #

how much do they even earn per anum?
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by emajoe: 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
Even being the first state to receive BAIL-OUT FUNDS?
The giant Christmas tree nko.
Megga Bill bord kwanu?
Sorry o, I forget say na d normal CRY from an APC state governor.
Ndo,
Pele,
kpe,
ghi- ghii.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Leopantro: 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
Abagworo:
One thing good about Buhari era is Nigerians coming to terms with reality. Most States after the minimum wage saga were forced into carrying unrealistic wage bill and opposition States were more affected as they needed welfarism to withstand overbearing FG and stubborn Labour Unions.

Okorocha has been trying to concession parastatals so that they fend for themselves in order to reduce financial burden on Government but people are fighting him that he should run the State with allocation alone. What he simply said is the case with all the States that adopted the 18k minimum wage at the peak of oil boom. Now that oil has fallen below 35 Dollars 90% of States earn less than their wage bill.

The entire States have same problem but Okorocha is singled out.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/we-can-no-longer-pay-n18000-minimum-wage-govs-cry-out/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193494-we-can-no-longer-pay-n18000-minimum-wage-governors.html

http://www.punchng.com/we-can-no-longer-pay-n18000-minimum-wage-governors/

Finally he arrives. Welcome
While campaigning for his second term, he specifically said JOBS, JOBS, JOBS. he knew the amount he receives from federal allocation and the many income generating businesses he setup. From where will be have gotten the money to finance the jobs be planned to create?
Speaking of his election promise of jobs, jobs, jobs, we assumed he would create jobs not terminate 3000 jobs.
Maybe they were ghost workers?

On the issue of concession of parastatals, name one state that has conceded the most important basic service. Lagos State and a couple of states up north provide free medical services sponsored by, guess who, the state government.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Lighthouseman: 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
irepagbor:

I schooled in east. I know all 5 states of igbo...... please brother, i want to learn from you.

1. NAME ONE FOOD CROP OR CASH CROP IN LARGE QUANTITY THAT IS PRODUCED IN IGBO LAND?

2. CAN YOU GIVE US STATISTICS OF TRUCK CARRYING GOODS FROM EAST TO OTHER PART COMPARED TO THE STATISTICS OF TRUCKS TAKING FOOD FROM OTHER PARTS TO EAST?

3. NAME ANY AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE OR NATURAL RESOURCES FROM IGBO LAND THAT NIGERIANS OR AFRICANS DEPEND ON?

waiting for your reply.

Brains and ingenuity. That's what we export!
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by emajoe: 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
LKO:
Chaiiiii.
Ike agulam ooooo!
Heuuuu. NSO.
Chineke, merem ebere, umu gi abaye one-chance ugbo oooo!
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by betterABIAstate: 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
Abagworo:
One thing good about Buhari era is Nigerians coming to terms with reality. Most States after the minimum wage saga were forced into carrying unrealistic wage bill and opposition States were more affected as they needed welfarism to withstand overbearing FG and stubborn Labour Unions.

Okorocha has been trying to concession parastatals so that they fend for themselves in order to reduce financial burden on Government but people are fighting him that he should run the State with allocation alone. What he simply said is the case with all the States that adopted the 18k minimum wage at the peak of oil boom. Now that oil has fallen below 35 Dollars 90% of States earn less than their wage bill.

The entire States have same problem but Okorocha is singled out.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/we-can-no-longer-pay-n18000-minimum-wage-govs-cry-out/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193494-we-can-no-longer-pay-n18000-minimum-wage-governors.html

http://www.punchng.com/we-can-no-longer-pay-n18000-minimum-wage-governors/
as usual, you are defending this failure.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by IkpuMmadu: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
irepagbor:

I schooled in east. I know all 5 states of igbo...... please brother, i want to learn from you.

1. NAME ONE FOOD CROP OR CASH CROP IN LARGE QUANTITY THAT IS PRODUCED IN IGBO LAND?

2. CAN YOU GIVE US STATISTICS OF TRUCK CARRYING GOODS FROM EAST TO OTHER PART COMPARED TO THE STATISTICS OF TRUCKS TAKING FOOD FROM OTHER PARTS TO EAST?

3. NAME ANY AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE OR NATURAL RESOURCES FROM IGBO LAND THAT NIGERIANS OR AFRICANS DEPEND ON?

waiting for your reply.

Apart from brains and human capital what happened to Aba made...that your boxers, shoes are aba

Oh I forgot palm oil, crude oil maybe coal and limestone
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by LKO(m): 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
Abagworo:

That amount was never spent but beautification is important too. Imo is a tourist State and needs constant maintenance in terms of beauty. The 600million was a propaganda gone too far made by Okorocha's opponent Ihedioha.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by betterABIAstate: 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
APC please stay clear abia state oooo, we don't want to be broke.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Leopantro: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
Abagworo:

You mean the small London via waterfall and such could not generate enough money for the state?
The last time you talked about Oguta but failed to highlight the features in Orlu that make it worthy of a tourist attraction. The hotels are situated only in Owerri ; you can hypothetical throw a stone and it will hit 4 hotels before returning to earth. Same can not be said for Okigwe, Orlu and other places. No waterfall I guess.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by humilitynike: 10:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
okorocha is d worst governor in d history of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by gemale(m): 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Amadioha fire dt idiot's mouth dere. When he was carrying millions 2 do Xmas tree, he didn't know d State was broke. Anuofia egwu. Mschew.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by paulsoniyke: 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
lies...i wish am God..imolites are in tears.even the retired civil servants in imo state wasn't giving a kobo last christmaz even uptil now.imagine sum1 dat suffered and laboured to serve dia state,going hungry bt 600mill was used to buy christmaz tree.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by dachin(m): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
Tell me a state in naija presently that is not broke? If FG could be broke, how much more our states? Owelle just said the simple truth! Quite strange the way most of us think, must we think childishly all thee time? Oops! Incase you don't know, Naija is broke...

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by ikechu1278: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
irepagbor:

waiting for your reply.

I tried to ignore your ignorance but I really cannot. Ignorant, stupid people that are proud to be ignorant and stupid makes me sick.

When I read you mention their are more palm tree in other state, specifically north and SW, I knew you were a fool. I still believe you are a fool.

Here read about REAL STATISTICS
https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

This is how Statistics is done, not "I schooled in East".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by ikechu1278: 12:10am On Jan 29, 2016
Lighthouseman:

Brains and ingenuity. That's what we export!

IkpuMmadu:

Apart from brains and human capital what happened to Aba made...that your boxers, shoes are aba

Seriously?

Why are you Africans living in Africa so freaking slow. Why?

In terms of foods, you people produce Cassava, Yams and Rice. In a breakdown of each region production is the four most important food crop Nigeria has, outside of North, in terms of South..SS and SE ranked higher than SW (excluding maize and sorghum)

In terms of production
Rice: North Central produces the highest, followed by North East, North West, South East, South West and South South producing the least
Maize: North East produces the highest, followed by North Central, North West, South West, South South and South East producing the least
Sorghum: North West produces the highest, followed by North East, North Central, South West and South and South East not producing any
Yam: North Central produces the highest, followed by South South, South East, South West, North East and North West producing the least
Cassava: North Central produces the highest, followed by South South, South East, South West, North East and North West producing the same amount

In terms of Cassava, despite SW ranked lowest in it. If they make an effort to crop the land, they'll produce the highest. Ondo had the highest average yield than all other states.

In terms of Yam, SE would have ranked highest if you guys put your mind in agriculture. Abia state had the highest average yield, not just in Africa but the entire world.

In terms of Rice, SE yet again would have ranked the highest if you guys put your mind in Agriculture. Ebonyi state had the highest average yield, not just in that nigeria but the entire Africa.

In terms of Maize, na the same thing if you SE decide to get involved in agriculture. Imo state had the highest average yield in the entire Africa.

Palm oil is predominately in that your SE. You equally produce the highest in poultry. SE and SS produce the most in fish production.

Coal, limestone are not the only thing you have. You got Coal, limestone, gold, iron-ore, glass-sand and zinc/lead
https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states/2

Seriously, why do I always have to be one teaching you SE about your region. When will you people learn how to defend yourselves against those savages from north and west? Just when

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by jkross(m): 1:07am On Jan 29, 2016
Simple..sell the christmas tree u put up with 600M...you took bail and travelled to turkey to flex now ur talking nonesense rochas anayo okorocha the thunder wey go fire ehn e go ugly pass osho

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 29, 2016
ikechu1278:

I tried to ignore your ignorance but I really cannot. Ignorant, stupid people that are proud to be ignorant and stupid makes me sick.

When I read you mention their are more palm tree in other state, specifically north and SW, I knew you were a fool. I still believe you are a fool.

Here read about REAL STATISTICS
https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

This is how Statistics is done, not "I schooled in East".

your father is a f0ol. I didn't mention palm in the north. I said Ondo, Edo and Delta state have more palm than the entire east. Go and check your record !diot.

Liars.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 29, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

we are talking of food and agricultural produce. This fo0l is talking of Aba made boxers and shoes.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by ikechu1278: 3:21am On Jan 29, 2016
irepagbor:

your father is a f0ol. I didn't mention palm in the north. I said Ondo, Edo and Delta state have more palm than the entire east. Go and check your record !diot.

Liars.

You are a buf00n and a proud one at that. You are dumb, very dumb. As I said before your ignorance makes me sick. Ondo, Edo and Delta have the least palm.

Read it in the picture provided. If you want to read more, the link is on that page I sent you. Cure your ignorance before showing the rest of the world how brain dead you are.

A fool calling someone else a fool. I've seen it all.

And remove that irepagbor nonsense from your ID. Even a rat can tell you are NOT delta North. You are just a South West fool trying to f2k up our reputation on this forum and try to create animosity between anioma and SE. WTF have anioma done with y'all that una always try to use us as your f2king shield. Coward people. #spit on your face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by SeanDada1(m): 3:28am On Jan 29, 2016
erunz:
First it was Osun now Imo state have joined the state of onigbese . But why won't they be broke when they used their state funds to sponsor Buhari presidential campaign

They would still blame GEJ!!! Castratred _Fools.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 29, 2016
ikechu1278:

You are a buf00n and a proud one at that. You are dumb, very dumb. As I said before your ignorance makes me sick. Ondo, Edo and Delta have the least palm.

Read it in the picture provided. If you want to read more, the link is on that page I sent you. Cure your ignorance before showing the rest of the world how brain dead you are.

A fool calling someone else a fool. I've seen it all.

And remove that irepagbor nonsense from your ID. Even a rat can tell you are NOT delta North. You are just a South West fool trying to f2k up our reputation on this forum and try to create animosity between anioma and SE. WTF have anioma done with y'all that una always try to use us as your f2king shield. Coward people. #spit on your face.

from your miserable map, I can only see IMO and Abia from the entire miserable region. I repeat, the production output from Ondo, Edo and Delta is more than what you get from IMO and ABIA.

I have credible record and figure from Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research NIFOR not miserable bloggers like you do.
Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by ikechu1278: 4:01am On Jan 29, 2016
irepagbor:

from your miserable map, I can only see IMO and Abia from the entire miserable region. I repeat, the production output from Ondo, Edo and Delta is more than what you get from IMO and ABIA.

I have credible record and figure from Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research NIFOR not miserable bloggers like you do.

Is this illiterate serious. Blogger? More example of this goat ignorance and stupidity. That data came straight from MAFAP, which a section of UN organization. Which works alongside OECD and the federal government of that Nigeria. Funded by both USAID and Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. Is that what your dumb@ss is calling a blogger?

As I said you are braid dead. Another evidence your inability to read as well. The picture showed the Niger delta production alone. There are more state that produce palm. The entire SE does, which that paragraph even said it. The three states you mentioned produce the least palm in south.

You're a proud South West dumb@ss

While I'm at it, produce that so called data you claim you have. I'll be waiting for it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by ugotuf(m): 4:05am On Jan 29, 2016
I knew Imo state was sunk when I saw this not long ago. Many did not understand the hand writing on the wall. The last thing you see of a sinking or drowning man is the helpless hand.

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha by ikechu1278: 4:11am On Jan 29, 2016
Irepagbor where the hell is the so called "data and figure" from NIFOR. I actually just went straight to their website and they don't even have any statistic posted up. In fact, their statistics page directs you straight to a not find link so I would love to see the data and figure you claim you got from there.

I'm waiting

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff / "No More Sit At Home"—Enugu Residents Protest Against Criminals Enforcing It / Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.