Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act (1582 Views)

Iyanya Signed To Temple Music; Confirms Leaving Don Jazzy's Mavin Records / 'Hope You Have Your Condom?" Fan Asks Davido As He shares Pics With Sexy Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Read Official Statement From Sony Music Confirming Davido As Their Newest Act
After over a week since signing their newest African act, Davido, Sony Music Entertainment, has finally released a statement, confirming Davido’s deal.

The statement was released via a New York based agency, PR News wire and confirms that Davido, has indeed been added to their growing number of acts and will be releasing his highly anticipated album on their label.

Read the full statement below:

Sony Music Entertainment have signed accomplished musician Davido to a groundbreaking global agreement. The deal was inked at the Sony Music offices in New York and will see the American-born Nigerian recording artist release his highly anticipated sophomore album later this year.

In Africa, Davido is a bonafide superstar. After relocating to Nigeria from the United States aged 19, Davido set up HKN records alongside his brother and independently released the first song he ever recorded entitled, ‘Back When’. The track was an instant success and propelled Davido to national stardom as he followed this with the release of his second single and pan-African smash hit, ‘Dami Duro’. This track became one of the biggest airplay records not just on radio in Nigeria but across the continent, catapulting him to superstar status and making him one of the most sought-after artists to collaborate with widening his huge fan base and media support.

His debut album, ‘Omo Baba Olowo’ was released in 2012 to critical acclaim earning him countless award nominations and accolades including two MTV Africa Music Awards and the 2014 BET Award for ‘Best African Act’. A world tour followed which saw Davido perform to sell-out venues across Africa,Paris, New York and London. Today, Davido enjoys a massive social media following with a combined number of over 6 million followers across all his platforms.

This deal represents a step forward for Sony Music Entertainment as it grows its roots in Africa. Announcing its official presence in Lagos, Nigeria verifies Sony Music Entertainment’s decision to pursue new business via the introduction of on-the-ground operating entities in an expanded number of markets in the region. The timing of the decision is based on the convergence of a number of positive indicators in Africa’s economy and positive signs in the music industry. Davido is a shining example of this.

Congratulations to Davido!

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
angry Smellymouth Lsofdk ya'll best stop dearailin' my thread!!!
Fore I do somethin' drastic !!!
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
angry Smellymouth Lsofdk ya'll best stop dearailin' my thread!!!
Fore I do somethin' drastic !!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
Smellymouth:

grin grin grin
You don't have to.
But keep at it an I promise I'll get both ua monikers banned grin
You may not care but you won't be able ta derail no more.
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You don't have to.
You may not care but you won't be able ta derail no more.

QueenValerie, Rule No 19-- Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland

cheesy Btw, why are you derailing the thread? grin
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Smellymouth:

QueenValerie, Rule No 19-- Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland

cheesy Btw, why are you derailing the thread? grin
You use 2 an I'll get em both banned angry...
...Smelly look around grin
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You use 2 an I'll get em both banned angry...
...Smelly look around grin

undecided who is around? I see no one grin
C'mon hun, no one is watching, let's do a quickie grin cheesy

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Smellymouth:

undecided who is around? I see no one grin
C'mon hun, no one is watching, let's do a quickie grin cheesy
This is yo thread grin
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
This is yo thread grin

Hahahahhahaha.. so u can walk away right? grin well if u leave, ama hook up with u elsewhere wink
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Smellymouth:

Hahahahhahaha.. so u can walk away right? grin well if u leave, ama hook up with u elsewhere wink
angry what you talkin' bout? Derailin' angry
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
angry what you talkin' bout? Deralin' angry

Leta head to yo thread grin
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Smellymouth:

Leta head to yo thread grin
You best not!
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You best not!

Am CUMING shocked

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Smellymouth:

Am CUMING shocked
As long as you keep all that ta this thread.... thats fine..
....bye. wink
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Flexherbal(m): 12:58am On Mar 13, 2016
Congratulations to O.B.O.
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Flexherbal(m): 12:58am On Mar 13, 2016
Congratulations to O.B.O. More money, more fame.
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Lsofdk(m): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You don't have to.
You may not care but you won't be able ta derail no more
you sure you can do that to mewink

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by cruzita(f): 7:26am On Mar 13, 2016
OBO himself .congrats bro,haters will always hate

1 Like

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lsofdk:

you sure you can do that to mewink
If need arises cheesy yes
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Smellymouth:
Read Official Statement From Sony Music Confirming Davido As Their Newest Act
After over a week since signing their newest African act, Davido, Sony Music Entertainment, has finally released a statement, confirming Davido’s deal.

The statement was released via a New York based agency, PR News wire and confirms that Davido, has indeed been added to their growing number of acts and will be releasing his highly anticipated album on their label.

Read the full statement below:

Sony Music Entertainment have signed accomplished musician Davido to a groundbreaking global agreement. The deal was inked at the Sony Music offices in New York and will see the American-born Nigerian recording artist release his highly anticipated sophomore album later this year.

In Africa, Davido is a bonafide superstar. After relocating to Nigeria from the United States aged 19, Davido set up HKN records alongside his brother and independently released the first song he ever recorded entitled, ‘Back When’. The track was an instant success and propelled Davido to national stardom as he followed this with the release of his second single and pan-African smash hit, ‘Dami Duro’. This track became one of the biggest airplay records not just on radio in Nigeria but across the continent, catapulting him to superstar status and making him one of the most sought-after artists to collaborate with widening his huge fan base and media support.

His debut album, ‘Omo Baba Olowo’ was released in 2012 to critical acclaim earning him countless award nominations and accolades including two MTV Africa Music Awards and the 2014 BET Award for ‘Best African Act’. A world tour followed which saw Davido perform to sell-out venues across Africa,Paris, New York and London. Today, Davido enjoys a massive social media following with a combined number of over 6 million followers across all his platforms.

This deal represents a step forward for Sony Music Entertainment as it grows its roots in Africa. Announcing its official presence in Lagos, Nigeria verifies Sony Music Entertainment’s decision to pursue new business via the introduction of on-the-ground operating entities in an expanded number of markets in the region. The timing of the decision is based on the convergence of a number of positive indicators in Africa’s economy and positive signs in the music industry. Davido is a shining example of this.

Congratulations to Davido!

Bro pls the raw photo of that tinubu folding his arms,, and the raw one of that your "haters have arrived" biko post it here,, I need am
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
grin
BreadandBeans:

Bro pls the raw photo of that tinubu folding his arms,, and the raw one of that your "haters have arrived" biko post it here,, I need am

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
BreadandBeans:

tongue

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
Don't ve d raw photos bro..
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
Smellymouth:
tongue
lols.. i mean the raw ones,, the one no memes is on it yet.. i wanna put my own meme

thanks in advance
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
BreadandBeans:
lols.. i mean the raw ones,, the one no memes is on it yet.. i wanna put my own meme

thanks in advance

This is the only one I ve bro

Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
Smellymouth:

This is the only one I ve bro
Gracias boss
Re: Sony Music Confirms Davido As Their Newest Act by Smellymouth: 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
BreadandBeans:

Gracias boss
Respect boss##

(1) (Reply)

Evang. Mike Bamiloye @ 56 / Photos: Ice Prince Hooks Up With Empire Series Female Rapper, Freda Gatz / Hairiest Girl In Nigeria Bares Her Breasts In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.