Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? (913 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Generica(m): 12:19am On Jun 29, 2009
My God, my God why all these things? Nairalanders, what's our motive in the religion section? Are we achieving the purpose? Are there religious groups or persons that shouldn't be allowed in this sensitive section? How are we to moderate our posts? How mild should our verbal weapons be, please?
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Tudor6(f): 6:29am On Jun 29, 2009
The simple purpose is to discuss ALL things religion whether its offensive to your faith or not.

1 Like

Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Generica(m): 12:53am On Jun 30, 2009
Don't it feel right that siome discussions should be discussed by only those who share the same idea or religion?
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:01am On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

The simple purpose is to discuss ALL things religion whether its offensive to your faith or not.

Word!!
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Generica(m): 7:22am On Jun 30, 2009
Okija_juju:

Word!!
[b][/b]

What does that entail, please?
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Tudor6(f): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
@generica
it's not a real discussion if you both share the same idea. There's fun in getting to know the other side of the divide.

1 Like

Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by JeSoul(f): 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2009
Everybody should be allowed to post as long as they adhere to the common/basic rules of decency.

If you want a topic strictly for only christians/christian input just be sure to highlight that in the title or firstpost and usually[i] most[/i] posters will respect it.
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2009
Generica:

[b][/b]

What does that entail, please?

First of all, this is a forum!! The religious thread like other threads was created to bring like and unlike minds together to discuss and share ideas. In the process of shareing ideas, CONTORVERSY arises, which in turn could spiral into COMPETITION. In the midst of this competition, a COMPROMISE could be reached!! and all this could lead to CONVERSION for those who are convinced by one persons points.

Hope you get it now!!

1 Like

Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Abuzola(m): 6:01am On Jul 03, 2009
The muslim section have endured the clamour for years so yours too must experience it,  leave it that way, yours is just starting.
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Tudor6(f): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2009
Shut up! Lying jihadist. . .
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Generica(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2012
Well, it's good to hear your opinions!!!
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sorry Generica, did you just resurrect from the dead?
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
The purpose here is to discuss and debate theological issues, not to preach. That is the purpose and it is being achieved.
Generica: My God, my God why all these things? Nairalanders, what's our motive in the religion section? Are we achieving the purpose? Are there religious groups or persons that shouldn't be allowed in this sensitive section? How are we to moderate our posts? How mild should our verbal weapons be, please?
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Nobody: 2:02am On Jun 08, 2012
Jenwitemi: The purpose here is to discuss and debate theological issues, not to preach. That is the purpose and it is being achieved.
SECONDED TO INFINITY....

Other purposes include to save those being fleeced by greedy men if THEY ARE WILLING to be free. I think a few have been saved.. other prisoners are still in love with their chains.. may God have mercy on them..

1 Like

Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Generica(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2012
uhonmora: Sorry Generica, did you just resurrect from the dead?
uhonmora: Sorry Generica, did you just resurrect from the dead?
Kind of... To God be the glory!
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
Its every thing you said
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by ZUBY77(m): 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2012
You can only see other things when you venture out of what you already know.
Re: Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy? by Generica(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
But I feel this section should be re-oriented in a way that provides the Truth of God's Word. It should be this way we've been misusing it.

(1) (Reply)

Tomorrow's Nigeria Will Be Better / Jesus Christ Exposed! / Sounding The Alarm And Blowing The Trumpet For Oct. 19-20!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.