Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,300 members, 7,867,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

Both Salman And Infantino Have Got Denied Any Deal Is At Place. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Both Salman And Infantino Have Got Denied Any Deal Is At Place. (270 Views)

Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino / Fifa President Infantino To Visit Nigeria On Sunday, 24th July 2016. / "Have Got The Best Wife In The World, I Don't Know About You" Brags Ogenyi Onazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Both Salman And Infantino Have Got Denied Any Deal Is At Place. by yingzi: 8:51am On Jan 29, 2016
Four of the job hopefuls for president of FIFA are advancing towards Qatar for meetings on Saturday, with one of these individuals, South African Tokyo Sexwale, saying "the time for alliances is coming".

The development suggests that electoral horse-trading may be about to begin inside the battle to replace Sepp Blatter seeing that head of football's planet governing body.

Spokesmen for the market leaders, Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim 's Khalifa and Gianni Infantino, and for Sexwale confirmed to Reuters that they can be in Doha for a game on Saturday and meet with Asian member associations of FIFA.

A spokesman for Jordanian Royal prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, also a candidate, later confirmed he would be travelling to Qatar intended for Saturday's game - the ultimate of the Asian Football Confederation Under-23 Championship involving South Korea and Japan.

The other candidates, Jerome Champagne, a former FIFA deputy standard secretary, declined to comment on whether although also be in Qatar.

Speaking on South Africa's Metro Radio on Thursday, Sexwale confirmed that he would also be in Qatar being a "guest of Sheikh Salman" in addition to hinted at eventual support for an Asian candidate.

"The time for alliances is coming. This is the new thing i am saying. It is healthy, democratic and it is usually good.

"If I see that Tokyo's chances are not good... I am still FIFA, but which president would I'd prefer? The time for alliances can come, " he said. That time would be prior to February 26 vote, he said.

"We are now talking, this one is conversing with me, that one is talking to me. But who is talking? We are brothers, we are colleagues, we are comrades with arms, " Sexwale said.

One of the essential power brokers in globe sport, Kuwaiti Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fadah Al-Sabah, told Reuters in October that they hoped his ally Sheikh Salman, the Asian football main, and Infantino, the general secretary from the European football body, UEFA, would strike a deal prior to vote.

"I hope there aren't going to be a difficult situation, I hope there has to be coordination and we will quickly realize a solution, " he said.

Both Salman and Infantino have got denied any deal is at place.

Sexwale declined to discuss directly whether he'd withdraw from the selection but said he planned to see an African or an Asian end up being the next president.

"There is this desperation of 'withdraw', 'withdraw'. In whose interest? " he asked.

"Let me tell an individual my strategy... what is the main point here? It is not Tokyo Sexwale, " he said.

"The bottom line for me, and I am attracting Europe, to European voters, with the support of Europe let's offer an Asian or African web design manager. That is the main point here. " Rsgoldrichfifa

Sexwale's campaign has been criticised by their own South African Football Federation. Although it stated it is support for him this kind of week, the group said his bid had been "low key" and questioned him to "come as well as explain himself".

The South African, who was imprisoned inside Robben Island during apartheid and was an in depth friend of Nelson Mandela, suggested Infantino would not be the correct choice, as another Swiss following Blatter, who has been leader since 1998.
see more at: http://www.fifa4coin.com/

(1) (Reply)

Feb 4 Valuable Soccer Top Tips / The 1960bet Jackpot 5 Correct Scores Specials Is Here / Healthy Diet Includes Vegetable Soups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.