Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,089 members, 7,953,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows (20339 Views)

6 Tips For Taking Screenshots In Windows 10 / How To Enable Or Disable The Control Panel In Windows / How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Nicepoker(m): 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nice one op. Mine is working
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Ussyyn(m): 11:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
biz9ja:

Since it's not new, what have you been doing all this while?

Ask me one more time cheesy
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by emex4gman(m): 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
I give all of una two days, no body go remember where the folder dey again. Lol
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by drnoel: 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by tex25: 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cool Stuff!
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by kennysteve77: 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
Op gave it the name Godmode. You could actually change the Godmode to your desired name but type the other characters exactly as they appear in this post. Thanks to OP all the same.
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
law001:
I'm still wondering why they used GODMODE.
More like comparing it to God's abilities.
Hmmm.
END TIME windows. grin
I tell you
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by menxer: 11:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
I don't think this is truly a God mode as it is windows version specific.... It does not work on Windows 8 pro.

May be it is a god mode not God mode.
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by piagetskinner(m): 11:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
saasala:
Why do I need GodMode when I can just type whatever I need in the search bar, and under 1 second I am done.
Bros meself wonder

1 Like

Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Malawian(m): 11:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by sinistermind(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
nice one OP... does anyone know any cool feature on windows 10 and my bluetooth stopped working since i upgraded, any solutions
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by menxer: 11:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
englishmart:
God isn't an engineer but he engineers better than engineers

Yes, he was/is more than a biogeneticist cum astronomer cum astrophysicist cum astrologer cum cosmologist cum artist cum architect cum inventor cum builder but still had to go down to Sodom and Gomorrah to verify the situation report. grin
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by flokii: 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
nothing special about it joor...

just an.A - Z list of.settings in ur.control panel..

it's there on my system... jst freaks you for a.while.and dazzal
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Holysholay: 12:11am On Jan 31, 2016
Copy the text below, and rename the folder you just
created with the text copied.
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

I am scared of " {ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}". Make this code no come link my laptop with yours.

Be careful guys...
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Phinagold(f): 12:18am On Jan 31, 2016
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Freeman50(m): 12:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Nice one
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by lilreese: 1:19am On Jan 31, 2016
Devilmode ?
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by holaralph(m): 3:16am On Jan 31, 2016
Ok oooo. Lalasticlala pls transfer this magnificent information to promise Land ooooo lolzzzz. Because if na celeb things now lolzzzz
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by gbodimowo(m): 3:44am On Jan 31, 2016
naijathings:

religion religion religion. na wah

GOD as an english word can be used to as a modifier of a noun to denote a quality of the thing named, to indicate its quantity or extent, or to specify a thing as distinct from something else.

nice but who are the guys incharge of pushing out this 'u must c it by force names'?
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Niceman4u(m): 4:07am On Jan 31, 2016
Brief explanation of godmode in win7

What Is GodMode?
GodMode is actually a hidden (or, at least it used to be hidden) developer shortcut in Windows 7 that provides more direct access to features and functions of the operating system. To be clear, GodMode doesn't add functionality. But it helps administrators work more efficiently by collecting all these tweaks and controls in one place.

Putting GodMode to Use
The collection of developer shortcut folders created by the Special Folders script. Okay, so now you have a bunch of folders filled with tools and tweaks that you already had access to. The question to consider is whether or not these GodMode folders serve any purpose. Do they make it easier to work with and configure Windows 7? Do they make your life as an IT administrator easier? Well, let's see.
Let's say you want to defragment a hard drive. You could go through the normal steps of clicking on Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Defrgamenter. However, that is a fair amount of clicking, and it assumes that you remember where the Disk Defragmenter tool is located. Or, you can open the GodMode folder, go to the Administrative Tools section, and click on Defragment your hard drive.
Another example is adjusting the display settings--perhaps to mirror or extend the display landscape onto a second monitor. You can click Start, Control Panel, Display, and then select Change display settings from the panel on the left. Or you can go into the GodMode folder and just click on Change display settings under the Display section.
In both examples, you don't have to enable the GodMode folder to accomplish the task. The tools exist already, and GodMode is really nothing more than a regrouping of those tools.
But it is a convenient regrouping. IT admins and power users can also make effective use of the Windows Search function to navigate to tools more efficiently. However, that requires knowing up front what tool you are looking for, and making sure you enter the right keyword or phrase for Windows to locate it for you.
What GodMode does

aside from conveniently regrouping common tools that are already available--is list the tools in logical categories based on the types of tasks an IT admin might need to perform. And the tools are named for the way that IT admins think when they want to perform those tasks. For instance, you can get to BitLocker Drive Encryption through the Control Panel, but in the GodMode folder it is listed in the form of a task that makes sense: "Protect your computer by encrypting data on your disk."
There you have it. It is not quite as magical or all-powerful as the name implies. But GodMode--in all of its forms and folders--can be a valuable tool and make your life simpler.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Onlyhandsome(m): 5:01am On Jan 31, 2016
sinistermind:
nice one OP... does anyone know any cool feature on windows 10 and my bluetooth stopped working since i upgraded, any solutions

for u Bluetooth, u have to upgrade it to be able to work. had same challenges wen I did my upgrade. go to control panel, device manager n u will c Bluetooth click on it to upgrade. u have to connect to internet
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 31, 2016
If to say my laptop still be laptop I for don try am... NEPA I still dey wait

[booked space for my comment]
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by IAmNotYourMate: 6:23am On Jan 31, 2016
worked on my system. kudos
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Oahray: 6:25am On Jan 31, 2016
oluseyiforjesus:
If I say I understand Wetin dis op dey talk den I'm a lair
a dragon's lair cheesy
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by aLgoridim(m): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2016
You can also try this:

How Can I Activate aLgoridim?
=>First, create a new folder on your desktop.
=>Copy the text below, and rename the folder you just created with the text copied.

aLgoridim.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2016
saasala:
Why do I need GodMode when I can just type whatever I need in the search bar, and under 1 second I am done.

I thought the exact same thing..
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by antosly(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2016
old thread from naijaloaded far back 2008
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 31, 2016
Good stuff. Thanks
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by tottinova: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2016
maysdrays:

https://forum..com/thread-11598-post-67223.html#pid67223

Shouldn't it be "God" with a lowercase "g"
Asin god??
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Marvel1206: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Its not necessary for it to be godmode u can use any name. The code
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by Marvel1206: 8:35am On Jan 31, 2016
tottinova:

Shouldn't it be "God" with a lowercase "g"
Asin god??
You can use any name. The code
Re: How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows by tottinova: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Marvel1206:

You can use any name. The code

Cus when I saw the topic of the thread, I tot it was how to communicate with God thru your personal computer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9-yr-old Boy Is Nigeria’s Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional / 10 Famous Computer Scientists Who Impacted The World / 10 Hidden Features In Google Chrome You Didn't Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.