Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries (1572 Views)

NAF Helicopter Gunship Destroys Illegal Oil Refineries In Rivers State. See PICS / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) / Troops Destroy Illegal Crude Oil Refineries & Kidnapers Camp In Niger Delta.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by nigerianvenom(m): 11:43am On Jan 29, 2016
The Governor of Akwa Ibom state, Mr Udom Emmanuel is partnering with the private sector to establish three oil refineries in the state.

The Commissioner for Commerce and Industries in the state, Barr Emmanuel Enoidem gave the hint when he spoke to our correspondent in his office.

Enoidem told THE SIGNAL that the state Government is partnering with the private sector to establish three crude oil refineries.

The commissioner said the first refinery, Rev Oil Petroleum Limited when completed will have a capacity to produce 50,000 barrels per day.

He noted that the interesting part of the refinery project is that it is seated on an oil block. "The oil block was owned by shell and later the Federal Government took it over and sold it to the present company. It is in Iko in Eastern Obolo LGA. There are about 17 oil wells in that region and 15 have been confirmed to be commercially viable. The proximity between where the crude oil is found and the refinery is very short". He added.

Enoidem also said that the second Refinery is Resource Petroleum Limited, which will produce over 100,000 barrels per day.

He disclosed that all the licenses had been obtained and that the location, about 96 hectares of land has been cleared between Eket and Ibeno local Government Areas.

He said that the team from the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is expected soon to inspect the location, so that Preisdent Mohammadu Buhari can visit the state for a ground breaking ceremony between now and April, 2016.

Enoidem further said that the ministry of lands and housing is working on the staff quarters and that a lot has been achieved so far on the project. "The unique design for the refinery has been approved. The major engineering design and final designs will be approved soon".

The Commerce and Industry Commissioner further expressed Government's desire to make the Amakpe Refinery project a reality.

He disclosed that a couple of meetings between parties have been carried out. "It is the first privately owned oil refinery in Nigeria. Government has inspected the facilities and is satisfied. The design and engineering metrics are fine at the manufacturing facility in Pasadena Texas" He said.

"There are debts to settle at the Amakpe Refinery. The refinery was built about eight years ago and it has been warehoused by the company that fabricated it. 14.9 million dollars is to be paid. It includes the cost of shipment back to Nigeria, clearing and installation by the technical team. The refinery has a capacity of 6,000 panels per day, expandable to 12,000" He added.

He said already the government is sourcing for funding to pay up the debt and bring back the refinery.

He appealed to the people of the state to support the Udom Emmanuel Government as it has what it takes to rejuvenate the drowning economy of the State at a time the nation's economy is dwindling. He said that the three refineries would employ more than 500,000 people directly and indirectly when completed.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1245406965487382&substory_index=0&id=1025873237440757

Seun,lalasticlaca,tonyebarcanista,phockphockman,ibokoutoroh,etc

1 Share

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by Goodcare(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2016
A welcome idea

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by nigerianvenom(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2016
Udom isnt a noise maker ,rather an action man.
With 3refineries and many other investment, we shall get there.

Lalasticlaca,seun,why do u guys find it hard lifting news from akwa to fp?
I've noticed this lots of time

3 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by bash4us(m): 11:46am On Jan 29, 2016
Interesting....

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by KINGwax007(m): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2016
nigerianvenom:
make we see the refineries first na
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by comos: 11:52am On Jan 29, 2016
KINGwax007:
make we see the refineries first na
I trust Udom.
unlike Fashola that promise Lagosian Red/Blue railway yet It still in pictures today

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by chumaster(m): 11:52am On Jan 29, 2016
I hope the 3 refineries will be viable else build One functional refinery that will not collapse like FG own first.
My signature
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by tempest01(m): 11:57am On Jan 29, 2016
My state shall rise

Not just building refineries, there should be a plan now on how to improve the capacity to carry out maintenance locally
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by dustmalik: 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
He should, first of all, establish one, before talking talking about two more. Refinery is no child's play.
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by AngryNigerian(m): 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
I've been hearing 'build refinery, building refinery' since 2004...when would one (just one) be ready to allevite the suffering of the masses

Wont we have been spared the noise of 'revenue shortage' by now if we could produce, refine & sell in Nigeria to Nigerians?
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by davidmark4naija: 12:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Halleluhia! I cant wait for this to happen in ma lovely state.
I pray I can make the groundbreaking by April.
Udom Is Right!

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by chriskosherbal(m): 12:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
That is a right step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by obailala(m): 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lovely! We need more of this.

I see no reason why all the major oil producing states cannot build 2 refineries each. If Dangote, an individual can source funds and build a refinery, what stops Delta state, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom from building at least one state-owned refinery each?... Every state just wants to sit back and receive payouts from FG.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by EastanPower(m): 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
nigerianvenom:

Lalasticlaca,seun,why do u guys find it hard lifting news from akwa to fp?
I've noticed this lots of time

He should also build a seaport at Akwa Ibom.
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by yaki84: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
EastanPower:

that one is at the pipeline, everythng has been concluded.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by demarc001: 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice if done

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by nigerianvenom(m): 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
EastanPower:

Its in d pipeline but the fg is foot dragging it.
But abasi do
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by PhockPhockMan: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
nigerianvenom:
The Governor of Akwa Ibom state, Mr Udom Emmanuel is partnering with the private sector to establish three oil refineries in the state.

The Commissioner for Commerce and Industries in the state, Barr Emmanuel Enoidem gave the hint when he spoke to our correspondent in his office.

Enoidem told THE SIGNAL that the state Government is partnering with the private sector to establish three crude oil refineries.

The commissioner said the first refinery, Rev Oil Petroleum Limited when completed will have a capacity to produce 50,000 barrels per day.

He noted that the interesting part of the refinery project is that it is seated on an oil block. "The oil block was owned by shell and later the Federal Government took it over and sold it to the present company. It is in Iko in Eastern Obolo LGA. There are about 17 oil wells in that region and 15 have been confirmed to be commercially viable. The proximity between where the crude oil is found and the refinery is very short". He added.

Enoidem also said that the second Refinery is Resource Petroleum Limited, which will produce over 100,000 barrels per day.

He disclosed that all the licenses had been obtained and that the location, about 96 hectares of land has been cleared between Eket and Ibeno local Government Areas.

He said that the team from the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is expected soon to inspect the location, so that Preisdent Mohammadu Buhari can visit the state for a ground breaking ceremony between now and April, 2016.

Enoidem further said that the ministry of lands and housing is working on the staff quarters and that a lot has been achieved so far on the project. "The unique design for the refinery has been approved. The major engineering design and final designs will be approved soon".

The Commerce and Industry Commissioner further expressed Government's desire to make the Amakpe Refinery project a reality.

He disclosed that a couple of meetings between parties have been carried out. "It is the first privately owned oil refinery in Nigeria. Government has inspected the facilities and is satisfied. The design and engineering metrics are fine at the manufacturing facility in Pasadena Texas" He said.

"There are debts to settle at the Amakpe Refinery. The refinery was built about eight years ago and it has been warehoused by the company that fabricated it. 14.9 million dollars is to be paid. It includes the cost of shipment back to Nigeria, clearing and installation by the technical team. The refinery has a capacity of 6,000 panels per day, expandable to 12,000" He added.

He said already the government is sourcing for funding to pay up the debt and bring back the refinery.

He appealed to the people of the state to support the Udom Emmanuel Government as it has what it takes to rejuvenate the drowning economy of the State at a time the nation's economy is dwindling. He said that the three refineries would employ more than 500,000 people directly and indirectly when completed.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1245406965487382&substory_index=0&id=1025873237440757

Seun,lalasticlaca,tonyebarcanista,phockphockman,ibokoutoroh,etc
Very nice move. But I prefer he start, concentrate and finish one first.
I hate abandoned projects.
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by ahaika23: 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
But then I think of Osun State! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by Farnsworth: 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
i want the seaport mr udom but the refinery is great since it is not funded by state money, there can employ Nigerians and pay state taxes... more money to expand health care in the state and improve free education.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by nigerianvenom(m): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Very nice move. But I prefer he start, concentrate and finish one first.
I hate abandoned projects.

Its a ppp stuff
Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by PhockPhockMan: 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
nigerianvenom:

Its a ppp stuff

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Emmanuel To Establish Three Oil Refineries by momentoftruth: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
Farnsworth:
i want the seaport mr udom but the refinery is great since it is not funded by state money, there can employ Nigerians and pay state taxes... more money to expand health care in the state and improve free education.
THAT PROJECT IS CONTROLLED BY FG USING NIGERIAN PORT AUTHORITY, AND THEY ARE PLAYING POLITICS WITH IT BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN SOUTHWEST. THEY ARE ALSO TRYING TO GET SW TO BE STAKEHOLDERS.

IN NIGERIA WE PLAY POLITICS WITH EVERY THING INCLUDING LIFE.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-militants Set Senator Abe’s Campaign Office On Fire / SHOWDOWN | Saraki Blocks Buhari’s Backdoor Attempt To Doctor 2016 Budget / Photos: Meet Halima, A Female Dangote Truck Driver From Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.