Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,497 members, 7,826,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan (752 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment in PDP Leadership Tussle / Pdp Leadership Crisis: The Unseen Hands Of Apc / 2019: Atiku, Dankwambo Fingered In PDP Leadership Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan by jchima14: 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says the crisis in the opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party is to be expected, considering the fact that the party lost power after 16 years.

He said the problems of the PDP started after losing the presidency, but added that the party would ultimately sort out its leadership crisis.

Jonathan said this on Wednesday night during a programme titled, ‘Focus on Africa’ aired on an international news and current affairs television channel based in Paris, France 24.

The former president, when asked to comment on the economic and other challenges facing Nigeria, declined to comment.

He said: “Please, please, I have said that I will not comment on these areas because they are sensitive areas and I wouldn’t want to create problems for my country. I cannot comment on what is happening now. It is not proper for a former president to be commenting, either positive or negative.”

But he was more than ready to weigh in on his political party.

“The PDP will definitely have some minor issues but that is expected because we were in power for 16 years and when we lost the presidency, we began to have some kind of leadership problems. Everybody looks up to the president but when you are no longer the president, it becomes difficult for the party to have a very strong leadership.

“But I believe that whatever the PDP is going through will be sorted out. Elders and leaders of the party have been meeting and all these perceived disagreement will soon be sorted out. The party will bounce back.”

SOURCE: http://nigeriabreakingnews.com.ng/pdps-leadership-crisis-was-expected-jonathan/
Re: Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan by zico530(m): 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
That is the President with wisdom and decorum.
Re: Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan by Chimezie250(m): 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
The difference between a PhD holder and a Nepa certificate holder
Re: Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan by hinwazaka: 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is why I love Jonathan and his speech writers. In any organization, there must be factions and different interest groups. What is good about this latest incidence is that it will help release tension and air out the various voices of discord. Better to argue, fight and bicker now, than January 2017 after the sack of this useless and Trojan sadistic regime. The nation needs a united purposeful interim administration to pick up the pieces and build this country one more time.
Re: Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan by impossible27(m): 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
jona ride on. cool
Re: Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan by stormm: 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Did he precipitate the crisis or could he have averted it?
Re: Pdp’s Leadership Crisis Was Expected – Jonathan by jchima14: 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Northern Governors Hold Meeting With Islamic Dev Bank In Saudi Arabia. Photos / Kogi Workers Suspend Strike, As Gov Signs Pact With Labour Leaders / 2015 Election Result- Request For INEC To Update-Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.