Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) (2131 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Osinbajo: "Our Government Is Slow, But Progressing"- Nigerians React / Traders Protest In Benue Over Tax Policies Of Ortom (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by MizMyColi(f): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2016

A conversation between MizColi/Ada [Nigeria] and Jet [Ghana], as told by Jet Alan

So yesterday, after helping myself to a large bowl of fufu for lunch, I decided to jump into Young Readers' Club, a whatsapp group created to promote and project wide and wild reading, to weep heavily over how ineffective and bad governance, high level of corruption, greed and selfishness have sponsored an unprecedented economic hardship in my Ghana. I wept in such an aggressive manner that would earn me a certificate to join the National Wailers Association straightaway. Before I could flood the entire platform with tears, Ada, one of the academically powerful brains on the page, came in to salvage the situation with a thick intellectual rod that spanked my stereotype brain till I called for a ceasefire.

**********She enters the house with a giant rod wrapped in a fine smile**********

*ADA*
Looool
Hehehehehe
Jet just believe joor
Don't complain.

**************At this stage, I would cut the tears if only I had an idea of the lashes ahead. Her initial smiles, perhaps, motivated me to further provoke her when I said, "Ada, I'm not the type who'll put the hand on the head and wail over this. But at times, silence could also be counter-productive"**********

*ADA*
Hehehe
Positive, affirming and quietly strengthened silence is usually the best. I find that wailing has a way of leaving negative energies and aura around us. That in itself is counter productivity.

A look at the situation in our respective countries is enough to leave one battered and hopeless. But then again, our monies and commonwealth may be largely controlled by the government, but they do not have any control over our right and will to embrace hope, which in itself might seem insignificant but is capable of setting off a chain reaction in high places. The kind of reaction that may well be on its way to produce the kind of change we want as a people. This now begs the question,

"WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT FOR YOUR COUNTRY?"

Most of us have not even sat down to get a clear and explicit answer to this question, including me (prior to this time in my history)...but we are very apt at sitting down and thinking about all that is wrong with our nation(s). Maybe if we thought more, spoke more and envisioned more of what we want for our country. Then we'd be in a better place. In the little ways that we can, we have to start taking responsibility. This goes beyond affiliations and self interest. This is about you as an individual, and by extension, your country.

The summation is this; try to spend more time focusing on the good you desire; on the good that you want, and spend little or no time focusing on the negatives. It solves nothing really. Today, I have decided to play my part in being the change that I desire for my country. What are you doing? How are you doing it? God bless us all. Amen *blushes*

**********I invite more trouble to my sorry self**********

"But my Ada, let's put health issues aside.
Or let's for once spare God and the Bible in this. Who or what should bring hope to me, apart from my own industry pocket, which are dictated by a government whose ill-actions, greed, insensitivity, and corrupt practices are the order of the day?"

*ADA*
I want you to know that you are more than some fleshly body who is just in this world to make money, marry, give birth to kids and die. We were all born with certain out-of-this-world virtues. Hope is one of them. Faith is another, Perseverance, Courage, Etc. These are things thing that you're not taught daily. You see my Darling these things I'm telling you are based on personal experiences, and results that I've seen in my life.

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before. But I used to be called the Queen of Wailers on Nairaland.com. I was known for my anti-government stance. I didn't intentionally dislike the government but I knew that a part of me did not accept them. "Wailing" didn't prove effective. It did not help me. I could literally see myself degenerate from the loving and compassionate soul I've always known myself to be. I let the anger as a result of the injustice and "madness" I was witnessing get to me. I allowed myself to be drawn into political battles which, ordinarily, I would never be involved in. In real life too, I was affected. I became an angry and bitter bird. If all that happened to me were a film, it'd be named "Letting The Innocent Beast Out" *laughs heavily*

I reached out to a few friends who helped me get back on the right path. I never knew a day would come when I would pray for My country's president. I never knew a day would come when I would be the one to tell my fellow "wailers" to take it easy. Does this mean I am oblivious of the sufferings my people go through? I'm not my darling.

This isn't about God perse. It's about us coming into an awareness of the power in our speech and thought patterns. Every day, I'm bedevilled in the news about one wrong thing or another. Yes, the urge to get angry comes. The urge to go the internet and tweet about what a clueless person we have as a president comes. But more than anything.

I'm reminded that the actions I take is a reflection of my personal character and the spirit that rules me. Here in Nigeria, our political space has been saturated in so much blood and bitterness and hate. Most of us want to ensure that the current administration hears weeehn. But to what end? How are things ever going to be made right if we do not start learning to do things differently? How will things be made right if we are not conscious of our choices as individuals?

We are quick to blame our leaders, but we forget that we deserve the type of leaders we get. I am not absolving our governments of any blame. But all I'm saying is that we need to get involved too. How do we do this? By sending out goodwill, and expressing hope for our nations and our people. If you try this,
you will notice that even you would have become a better individual by different standards.

It's okay to complain, it's okay to speak out. But when you do this, what is the endgame in your mind? That Ghana/Nigeria is broken and will likely remain broken? Or that Ghana/Nigeria is broken and will not remain that way? There's a distinction. I'm an idealistic realist. I believe in the uniqueness of every individual and their power to turn things around for good in their immediate environment.

Today, let us make a decision to substitute worry for an expression of renewed hope, be it in our personal, national and/or our social lives.
OUR TIME IS NOW. *Smiles*

smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
I love this. No more wailing please. Instead rejoice with your leaders. I believe the term : it is as you see it so let me ask myself what am I seeing? If it's Good I'm happy if it's bad then I'm on the wrong track. The biggest lie is "There's nothing we can do"

Be positive that's the least you can do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by micfoley: 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
Huh
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by INTROVERT(f): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
reading
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by MizMyColi(f): 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
Minfulnessgrin
Nubian113smiley

T'was actually a whatsapp convo.

I never knew he'd make a writeup of it.
A pleasant surprise I must admitsmiley
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by LesbianBoy(m): 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by wtfCode: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
i no dey read again
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
MizMyColi:
Mindfulnessgrin
Nubian113smiley

That's so cool and I avoid political stuff on nl because it makes no sense. Just angry, rude, confused people angry about rudeness and confusion grin

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by MizMyColi(f): 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

That's so cool and I avoid political stuff on nl because it makes no sense. Just angry, rude, confused people angry about rudeness and confusion grin

lolz
smiley

I believe we can all be better though.
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Tallesty1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Alright.

Gimme your hanks lemme wail the one wey remain.
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by MizMyColi(f): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Tallesty1:
Alright.

Gimme your hanks lemme wail the one wey remain.

Wail when you feel like it joor.
Just express positivity more.

E hear?smiley
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Tallesty1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
MizMyColi:
cheesy cheesy

E hear?smiley
Trust muah

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by BossKratos: 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
undecided

Wetin dis nwatakili dey write like dis again?

Mizmyconfused!!!

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

. Just angry, rude, confused people angry about rudeness and confusion grin
lmao.
MizMyColi:
cheesy cheesy
E hear?smiley
Eh, Nubian113, pls dont steal my friends. undecided
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by baralatie(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
Women!!
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by MrSegunAdewole: 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
[s]
BossKratos:
undecided

Mizmyconfused!!!
[/s]

what's this one saying
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by vikacydevato(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
I believe that Nigeria will be great again.
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by beejaay: 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
Wailing solve no problem,complain compound issues.i make sure i dont get inundated with whatever it is i read.

2 Likes

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
I agree we all need to fight corruption in our individual lives but having hope in the absence of proof of a bright future, i think is self deceit.
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by OAFMods: 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
It's your choice to wail if that's what you desire. Personally I believe Buhari meant n will do well for Nigeria even though he lack the intellectual capacity to do it all alone. One such occasions is the budget and all the manipulations embedded by the career politicians from both the APC n PDP who he appointed into his cabinet but I am 100% sure he will set Nigeria on the right path.

Obasanjo should have placed Nigeria on a sound footing since he understand the complexity of Nigeria but greed n ambition simply won't let him. Maybe because he understand no matter how hard or well he does over 8 years he can never transform Nigeria into his desired utopia.

Waiters act like those clamouring for change have no right in the midst of all the misadventures of the previous government forgetting nothing could be more dangerous than a nation without an option to effect change in the baton of leadership.

5 Likes

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

lmao.

Eh, Nubia.n113, pls dont steal my friends. undecided
Hahaha she nah still me embarassed what's your take on this whatsapp chat? Ain't it better than any political back and forth
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by LMFashions: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
BossKratos:
undecided

Mizmyconfused!!!
What she wrote ain't for simpletons like you. So swerve go one side abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Phame: 12:03am On Jan 30, 2016
I think somebody needs romance.
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by vicadex07(m): 2:29am On Jan 30, 2016
OAFMods:
It's your choice to wail if that's what you desire. Personally I believe Buhari meant n will do well for Nigeria even though he lack the intellectual capacity to do it all alone. One such occasions is the budget and all the manipulations embedded by the career politicians from both the APC n PDP who he appointed into his cabinet but I am 100% sure he will set Nigeria on the right path.

Obasanjo should have placed Nigeria on a sound footing since he understand the complexity of Nigeria but greed n ambition simply won't let him. Maybe because he understand no matter how hard or well he does over 8 years he can never transform Nigeria into his desired utopia.

Waiters act like those clamouring for change have no right in the midst of all the misadventures of the previous government forgetting nothing could be more dangerous than a nation without an option to effect change in the baton of leadership.
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
MizMyColi:
Minfulnessgrin
Nubian113smiley

Sweetheart, I was actually thinking that you would make a wonderful journalist. I would love to read honest and perfectly-balanced articles that have the power to reconcile. I was just thinking ...

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by MizMyColi(f): 8:32am On Feb 01, 2016
Mindfulness:

Sweetheart, I was actually thinking that you would make a wonderful journalist. I would love to read honest and perfectly-balanced articles that have the power to reconcile. I was just thinking ...

gringringrin
You have no idea how affirming words uplift my spirit, Do you?cheesy

Good Morning Shweetyysmileysmileysmiley
Hehehehe

Journalism isn't far from one of those things I can do sooo well.

I am a natural at editing writeups.
Sometimes I meet people who instinctively look up to me to Behind up their works etc.

Now that you mention it, I will do some further reading on possible career paths.

Errrmmwink
You've not been as active as you used to be.
I take it it's a really busy period for you, ey?smiley

Have a lovely and smiles filled today and tomorrow and future all the samesmiley
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by RapLawd(m): 9:07am On Feb 01, 2016
Where's Tonye
Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 01, 2016
MizMyColi:

gringringrin
You have no idea how affirming words uplift my spirit, Do you?cheesy

Good Morning Shweetyysmileysmileysmiley
Hehehehe

Journalism isn't far from one of those things I can do sooo well.

I am a natural at editing writeups.
Sometimes I meet people who instinctively look up to me to Behind up their works etc.

Now that you mention it, I will do some further reading on possible career paths.

Errrmmwink
You've not been as active as you used to be.
I take it it's a really busy period for you, ey?smiley

Have a lovely and smiles filled today and tomorrow and future all the samesmiley

Good morning Sweetheart.
Whatever path you choose, I am sure you will shine. wink kiss

I was on a trip this weekend, celebrating till the sun came up. smiley
Now I am back and have to deal with a challenge but it is ok, I have the power to. wink

Have a beautiful week full of joy. kiss

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) by MizMyColi(f): 9:31am On Feb 01, 2016
Mindfulness:

Good morning Sweetheart.
Whatever path you choose, I am sure you will shine. wink kiss

I was on a trip this weekend, celebrating till the sun came up. smiley
Now I am back and have to deal with a challenge but it is ok, I have the power to. wink

Have a beautiful week full of joy. kiss

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Fallen Hero:Arthur Martin Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists(photo) / Video: Amaechi Storms Police Station With Soldiers To Free Arrested INEC Officia / Drop A Message For The Nigerdelta Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.