Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School (928 Views)

Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) / The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / Lagos State Is Recruiting For Primary School Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by phunbyt(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Firstly I'd like to state the benefits the school has to offer which includes
1. As a graduate you receive close to 50k that is arnd #46,000.
2. If you are the best teacher: at the arm level (for e.g pry 4a 4b 4c and 4d) and you are the best teacher in the pry 4 arm, you'd receive 30k as a reward for the term (in1st term you'd receive 30k if you are the best, if in 2nd term you are not the best you won't receive the 30k prize) and by 3rd term the overall best teacher in the school will receive #600,000 as prize.
3. your salaries are gonna be promptly paid
Now to the conditions
1. when you are on duty you must be in school before 6:30am and you'd leave around 8pm or 9pm (because they have a boarding house).
2. when you are not on duty you must arrive school before 7:28am and you'd leave by 4pm (the school closes by 2:30pm and extra lessons starts by 3pm but either you are "doing" lesson or not you must remain in the school premises till four, if not my guy thou art absent for the day. (I wonder how they want us to go and do some transactions at the bank...NB: Banks in this area close by 2pm)
3. if you are late or absent a certain amount is being deducted from your salary and I think it is close to 1k
4. you must not partake in extra lessons outside the school (some people have been sacked/almost sacked cos of this)
5. if you have a child/children they must attend this school if not you are either outor on your way out
6. you will "manage" at least 2 boarders and all what the boarders whom you "manage" brought to school must not be misplace
7. to be the best teacher, your students write an exam and their marks are being collated and points are awarded to you their teacher but if you loose a child (if a child in your class gets withdrawn from the school) you loose 5 points and you might even loose your job
8. as the class teacher you are to be the one to get the pupils to pay their school fees and that involves calling and persuading the parents on phone (NB: the school doesn't give you special allowances for this)...if not your salary "might" go for it.

What's your take on this please...this is kinda personal to me cos I'm currently working here...
Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by chyckxx(m): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Mehn
Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by micfoley: 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
Dat number 8 ehn
Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by dammytosh: 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Start your own school.

Otherwise comply till you get something better.
Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by eyeview: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
I wish all the teachers and prospective applicants will leave the school for the owner and his or her family to execute.
This is not a job,its slavery

1 Like

Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by osesology(m): 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is like a full day's work, and even worse considering the times stipulated
Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by RuJay: 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
Anoda mode of slavery God 4bid
Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by james2man: 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
How can one comply with all this conditions (rules) without missing out one of it. This is slavery in disguise. Schs like this wil always have vacance space, no doubt some staff wil only work for one or two months after then na bye bye..
Re: See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:52am On Jan 30, 2016
except they place some sort of advanced tracking device on you, i see no reason, how they are going to get all these info from you; and why the hell would a teacher leave the school by 8pm..... are you running advanced quantum particle lessons there shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Latest 10th 12th Pass Govt Jobs 2018 2019 / Employment of Guest Bloggers Is Currently On. Type Your Email To Start Blogging / I Need Training On Accounting Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.