Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Seize Any Money Found In Foreign Account Bearing My Name - Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seize Any Money Found In Foreign Account Bearing My Name - Akpabio (435 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Sahara Reporters Posts Dino Melaye's Foreign Account Details And Check Book / FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Seize Any Money Found In Foreign Account Bearing My Name - Akpabio by jimbas10(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State and
Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill
Akpabio has denied owning any property in
Dubai, United Arab Emirate or any other foreign
country.
Akpabio in a statement on Friday by his his
media assistant, Anietie Ekong, challenged the
President Muhammadu Buhari-led
administration to seize any money found in a
foreign bank account bearing his name.
The Senate Minority Leader was denying reports that accused him of makiing a secret attempt
to withdraw $7.2 billion from banks in Dubai, United Arab Emirate, through channels in the Central Bank of Nigeria.
It would be recalled that President
Muhammadu Buhari had recently signed
agreements with the United Arab Emirate on
the repatriation of Nigeria’s stolen funds
deposited in that country.
This move is believed to have unsettled corrupt,
former and serving Nigerians officials, who
have unexplained wealth and property there.
Stating that the media report against him was
sponsored by his political traducers, Akpabio
said the government should investigate the
source of such money and also prosecute its
owner.
According to him, “We challenge these
purveyors of falsehood to publish the full
details of the purported $7.2 billion account and
we urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to
seize such sum and prosecute the owner if it
does exist. People should learn to accept the
outcome of elections and stop this kind of
dangerous propaganda in the name of politics,”
said Akpabio.
Re: Seize Any Money Found In Foreign Account Bearing My Name - Akpabio by Mynd44: 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2016

(1)

A-Z Of Fayose Mayhem By Oladele Dada John / Sabotage: Group Calls For Probe Of PPMC MD, Others / 2015: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.