Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Public Alert: Fake Whatsapp Message Turns Out To Be A Scam. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Public Alert: Fake Whatsapp Message Turns Out To Be A Scam. (1601 Views)

Public Alert: Fake Coke In Circulation - fake Coke Factory Uncovered. / Public Alert! / Public Alert: Please Be Careful About "Kponmo" Meat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Alert: Fake Whatsapp Message Turns Out To Be A Scam. by springtech(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Just last week I got a whatsapp message from one of my contacts, actually the message turned out to be a scam: See the message here " Hey, I am inviting you to activate WhatsApp Video Calling. Click here to Activate --> http://whatsapp.videocallinginvite.com"

Sadly enough, after I innocently fell for the scam, filled a form and supplied my telephone number. From then till now, each time I receive any sms from my network operator. See the way it appears: Picture is attached. Below.

Does anyone else experience this. ?
Lalasticlala please lets inform others so as not to fall for this cheap scam

Re: Public Alert: Fake Whatsapp Message Turns Out To Be A Scam. by Modsenemy(f): 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
Please show me where ur money was deducted
Re: Public Alert: Fake Whatsapp Message Turns Out To Be A Scam. by springtech(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2016
Note: I never said my money was deducted, those message was supposedly sent by my network operator, hence the sender was not supposed to be "ADEWALE VINCENT ADEBAYO". Rather the sender ID was supposed to be either:
i the operator's short codes e.g 13021 etc or
ii Airtel
Re: Public Alert: Fake Whatsapp Message Turns Out To Be A Scam. by dnapstar(m): 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
I just spoke to the so called Dr Adewale Vincent Adebayo on phone. I saw a comment here on nairalaND recommending him as a contact for sme loan.
He said "I should pay 20k for a loan of 1million. And the interest is 5% payable within 1 to 10years. With 1 year grace period"...
he said "he works in the president office and has been there since 1999".
Well being the type that hardly believes anything. I Googled his full name n discovered from LinkedIn that he is impersonating someone else. This is because the dates and information he gave don't tally even if the name is the same.
But he was smart enough to register his sim card with Adewale Vincent Adebayo.
But then his number starts with 090.. a man of such caliber shouldn't be using 090 he should be using 080 one of the old lines. Especially since he claims to having been working in that office since 1999.. secondly it shouldn't be so easy to contact a man of such caliber on phone over a loan of 1million, I should be speaking to his PA.
lastly we discussed on phone for over 5min, if it was legitimate he wouldn't have discussed all the details on phone. He should have requested I visit his office...
To me it's a scam.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Comes Out Of A Bus In Traffic & Starts To Pee On The Road (photo) / End Time! See What These Ladies Were Seen Wearing At A Party (18+ Photos) / Do You Know Any Conducive Library In Ikeja,Ogba,Ojodu And Its Environ ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.