Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! (1147 Views)

Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy / My Car Has Been Stolen In Maitama Abuja(photo) / 7 Myths About Fuel Economy (2) (3) (4)

My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by leksonltd: 10:00am On Jan 30, 2016
I use a Toyota corolla 2001/ 2002 model. The normal fuel consumption is 35MPG on highway, and 30MPG within city. Unfortunately, mine consumes 2.5 gallons(10litres) to cover 32 miles. The car works normal, catalyst is ok, airflow meter works, no leaks on exhaust. Pls help make meaningful suggestions.Thanks
Re: My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by oyefelix(m): 12:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
As u av said meaningful suggestion, gud, go for scanning. I mean comprehensive one. by then you will not what to do and not guessing.
Re: My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by inze(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
leksonltd:
I use a Toyota corolla 2001/ 2002 model. The normal fuel consumption is 35MPG on highway, and 30MPG within city. Unfortunately, mine consumes 2.5 gallons(10litres) to cover 32 miles. The car works normal, catalyst is ok, airflow meter works, no leaks on exhaust. Pls help make meaningful suggestions.Thanks

. . . city driving different from city driving. Lagos 'stop-and-go' traffic does not qualify for city driving, don't expect a better mileage driving in such situation. Take your car for a spin on the highway and you'll be surprised.
Re: My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by boldx(m): 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
What type of engine oil do you use? 20W50 or 5w30?
Re: My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
leksonltd:

is your vehicle a v6? If yes mileage is fine for lagos city driving if it is 4cylinder, it is not equipped with an airflowmeter.
Re: My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by inze(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

is your vehicle a v6? If yes mileage is fine for lagos city driving if it is 4cylinder, it is not equipped with an airflowmeter.

. . . oga boss, is there any Corolla with v6?
Re: My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
[/color]
inze:

. . . oga boss, is there any Corolla with v6?

[color=#990000]see me I think say nah camry I see.
Re: My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! by salvo583: 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
leksonltd:
The corolla is 26mpg city and 35mpg highway. For lagos standstill traffic and with AC u should still b able to do 20mpg city Moreover, do you use the required 5w30 graded oil?. Scan the car bruv!

Check If Your Car Has This Safety Feature / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By A Nigerian Guy Ahmadu Ibrahim(pics) / Ford Windstar 2003 Gear Selection