Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial (1096 Views)

EFCC Begs Colonel Nicholas Ashinze, Dasuki's Aide, Over Media Trial / ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / PDP Releases Statement On EFCC's Media Trial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by Splashme: 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
Obanikoro to EFCC: Stop this media trial, publish names of the directors and signatories to the McNamara account

The immediate past Minister of State, Foreign Affairs and a former Nigerian Ambassador to Ghana, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro has challenged controversial online platform, Sahara Reporters and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to sincerely publish the names of the Directors and signatories to the alleged Silva McNamara Limited account to the public instead of demonising and deceiving Nigerians with vague, contrived and distorted information.

Obanikoro is appalled by the public political persecution embarked upon by these agencies noting that there is nowhere in the world where investigations are being conducted using the pages of the newspapers.

In a statement signed on Saturday by one of his Media Aide, Mr. Jonathan Eze, it queried the wisdom and logic of bandying figures and associating same with his sons who are thorough bred professionals in their own rights reminding them that the court of law is and remains the judicial institution for trying cases and not whipping sentiments in order to give the dog a bad name and hang it.

The statement opined that Sahara Reporters is propagating these lies and propaganda because of the legal cases against it by the former Minister for misleading the public and defaming his hard earned name and reputation having served the nation in various capacities with enviable untainted records of public service. It urged the EFCC to be straight and above board in their investigations and avoid speculations and conjectures that are infringing on the fundamental human rights of his sons.

The statement reads in parts:" Associating my sons to the Sylva McNamara account that allegedly received funds from the office of the embattled National security Adviser is highly preposterous and unthinkable. "I am particularly amazed by the fact that trials and investigations are being done using the media unconventionally just to satisfy the cravings of political entities who are desperate to rub my hard earned reputation in the mud. " Since the invicinble Sahara Reporters whom I have legal cases against are at the forefront of misleading the public and defaming my person, perhaps rationalizing that I would withdraw pending suits against it, I am using this medium to challenge it and the EFCC to publish in good conscience the signatories and the names of the directors of the said company and to restate that I shall conclusively pursue this injustice and infringements to a logical end., "

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/01/obanikoro-to-efcc-stop-this-media-trial.html?m=1
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by tolexy007(m): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
b
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by CecyAdrian(f): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmmmm, he had better keep quiet and not provoke EFCC because, they will just beg SaharaReporters to do what they know how to do best, and SaharaReporters never lose a fight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by kingofchess(m): 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
lasgidi tout.... runs out of thread
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by kingofchess(m): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
tolexy007:
b
b is for balls
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by jane0000(f): 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mumu man. This is how Metuh started and now,the rest is history.
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by sirthisthickkal: 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
and that's how they always do at first, behaving as if they have evidence to counter their prosecution,all the initial gragra but at the end they will start begging.

mean while, I am beginning to imagine how obanikoro would look like on handcuffs, i swear e go fit am pass uncle Methubiabia.
grin

by the time Kuje prison is through with you, you would change ur name from obanikoro to obanikuje .

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by alatbaba1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
C
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by AngryNigerian(m): 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmm...is that all you can do, Obanikoro? Can't you sue the hell of both entities, if you think you aint guilty of those charges
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by minifuworld: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
/
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Hmmmmm, he had better keep quiet and not provoke EFCC because, they will just beg SaharaReporters to do what they know how to do best, and SaharaReporters never lose a fight
The same thing people said when Fayose denied having a house in Dubai, till today Saharareporters has not shown any evidence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
By the time all Koro's atrocities finally got exposed, he would regret the first day he joined politics.
Rogue!
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by tuniski: 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
jane0000:
Mumu man. This is how Metuh started and now,the rest is history.
what history? Metuh remains unshaken until proven guilty. So far, nothing has been proven to be illegally done by Metuh even as he hasn't given his own side of the events. The efcc so far is not making a good case.
Re: Obanikoro Challenges EFCC To Publish Directors Of Mcnamara And Stop Media Trial by Mynd44: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2016

(1)

Senator BEN Murray Bruce: Common Sense! / Breaking News...full Text Of Dame Jonathan World Press Conference . / Arm Deal Looter Name Finally Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.