Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa (1593 Views)

I Will Drag Dasuki, Dokpesi And Bafarawa To ICC Next Week- Femi Falana / Bafarawa: N4.6billion I Received From Dasuki Was For Spiritual Purpose / Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
A former Governor of Sokoto State and one time presidential candidate on the platform of the defunct Democratic Peoples Party, DPP, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, has said his joining the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was by accident.

Bafarawa, a founding member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, joined PDP following some disagreements with the national leadership of the party over control of party structures in the seat of the Caliphate.

Speaking in an interview yesterday, the former governor, however, said he had no regrets for the decision despite finding himself in the opposition at the moment.

Narrating his journey to the PDP, Bafarawa said:

“I found myself in PDP by accident. What I mean by accident is that I was part and parcel of the APC. I am a founding member of the APC. I was forced to leave APC because of corruption in politics in my state when PDP governors defected to the APC. Corruption came into the system along the formation of the party when they said that the PDP governors were going to join APC and I happened to be a victim. We were forced to hand over the party to my governor, who was a PDP member. So my followers insisted we must remain in PDP and I had to work with them”.

He also claimed former President Goodluck Jonathan found it hard to believe when it was brought to his notice that he (Bafarawa) had joined the PDP.

“He could not believe that because during the days of Obasanjo, I had a lot of pressure to join the PDP but I refused”, he added.

On how long he intends to be in PDP, former Governor Bafarawa said for as long as it remains convenient, adding that there is no difference between the opposition and governing party in the country.

“The APC is the same with PDP. I used to call them PDP 1 and PDP 2 because almost many of the people in PDP are now in APC and vice versa. For instance, the Number 2 man in PDP who ruled this country for eight years as a vice president is now in APC. If you count all the governors in APC, most of them were at one time or the other were in PDP. You can say so of at least two National Chairmen of PDP now in APC”, he said.

www.facebook.com/apcfanclubsokoto
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
Not too late to pack your loads to apc na

1 Like

Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
Is this a joke?

3 Likes

Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by EHMIR(m): 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
Apparently pdp is d mother of corruption

2 Likes

Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Caseless: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Lanretoye(m): 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Air,water or road accident?.

2 Likes

Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by phemmie06(m): 10:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
Which hospital were you taken to? The name of the doctor that treated you, how many days did you spend on sickbay, when a man lost focus he will always be tossed up and down like the leaves on a stream
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by gemale(m): 12:27am On Jan 31, 2016
Accident? Hw? Was he driving in his car when suddenly, d car crashed, he blacked out & then awoke 2 find himself in PDP? 9ja politicians Sha... Dem all b ashawo kobo kobo. No loyalty @ all. Anyway Sha, im talk true 4 d last paragraph. APC & PDP b heads & tail of D same coin.
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by fistonati(m): 12:52am On Jan 31, 2016
And pdp's funds by mistake too

Declare your assets and retire from politics or never ol reach retirement age of 80

2 Likes

Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by chriskosherbal(m): 4:37am On Jan 31, 2016
Hahaha really accident.
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Warlord3000(m): 6:18am On Jan 31, 2016
Joker cheesy
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by mysteriousman(m): 6:19am On Jan 31, 2016
And you became a consultant for 4.6bn by mistake too abi. Abdullahi Abdullahi oya give am 12..

1 Like

Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Yeske2(m): 7:00am On Jan 31, 2016
Just get lost.
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by vikacydevato(m): 7:10am On Jan 31, 2016
Funny politicians!
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by Osakah24(m): 8:22am On Jan 31, 2016
LWKMD PDP 1 & PDP 2.
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by babyfaceafrica: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2016
We know
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by jamace(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
He looted treasury by accident too. grin grin
Unam ikot! angry
Re: I Found Myself In PDP By Accident - Bafarawa by zurine(f): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
wow

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nigerian,aghogho Ajiye Without A Degree Who Builds Mini Aircraft / Akwa Ibom State Apc Issued Communique On Supreme Court Judgment / Rivers Rerun: Security Agent Shot Dead In Abalama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.