Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Kogi - Governor Without Deputy - My Legal Suggestion For Faleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi - Governor Without Deputy - My Legal Suggestion For Faleke (778 Views)

Asiwaju Clarence Olafemi Dumps Bello And Dino For Faleke. / Kogi: Supreme Court Gives Reasons For Faleke, Wada's Appeal Dismissal / Kogi 2015: APC's Replacement For Faleke Rejects Offer As Bello's Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi - Governor Without Deputy - My Legal Suggestion For Faleke by tempest01(m): 2:38am On Jan 31, 2016
As an engineer, I have watched the kogi political situation with keen interest, and I have heard interpretations of the constitutional quagmire and i think i have been holding the solution in my head for too long.

My view is that the current situation of things is illegal and the constitution (which should be defended) has been raped and left bare. The steps taken by inec to resolve the situation was illegal to say at least.

Here, i present a case for Faleke (Whom i think has the mandate) to win back the mandate without any violation of the constitution.

A prayer should be made to the court to declare the inconclusive part of the election carried out as void, and the rerun be redone with Audu (yes the dead guy) as the candidate - since his death was not communicated to inec as at when it was supposed to as stated by the constitution, he is still the candidate.

After the rerun and when they are ''duly elected'' - Invoking the section which talks about the deputy taking over upon death of the prrincipal without taking oath to come to play. This will cause no violation of the constitution.

Faleke should make sure his lagos house of rep issue is properly dealt with though, as it could be an issue.

This is my take, and i believe inec should have gone ahead with Audu as the candidate to prevent all these.
Lawyers in the house please help analyse.

Cc lalastisca

1 Like

Re: Kogi - Governor Without Deputy - My Legal Suggestion For Faleke by KnowAll(m): 3:43am On Jan 31, 2016
His house of reps issue should not be a problem since wada himself who was d Governor at d time did not resign b4 running for office.
Re: Kogi - Governor Without Deputy - My Legal Suggestion For Faleke by chriskosherbal(m): 3:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Okay everybody us saying their own.
Re: Kogi - Governor Without Deputy - My Legal Suggestion For Faleke by AngryNigerian(m): 4:03am On Jan 31, 2016
The National Assembly needs to put things straight very soon to avoid a lacuna in the political life of Kogi State

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Shekarau Dispels Rumors That He Is Forming A New Party / Amazing! If This Can Do This Then Nothing Is Impossible / SAS, CNN, Boko Haram- FAKE Propaganda.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.