Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students (33237 Views)

No More School Fees: FG Declares Tuition Free At All Federal Universities / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / Jamb 2017 Notice To All Students On The New Online Reg And Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by matrixme(m): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
That's how these French people always advance their hidden motives strategically. They are always looking for more people to speak their language and recolonize. They should rather advice themselves to go learn English.

6 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Kingspin(m): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Think i like this.
Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by saintkel(m): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Wot happens to our local language? I love my language Igbo so much

9 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by westlius(m): 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Will it giv us free Visa to france?

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Psalm18: 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lol.
As usual a pronouncement without much thought placed on how to execute.

History was cancelled by fiat.
Nysc corp members should all teach.
Entrepreneurship is now compulsory in all schools.
Hnd and bsc are one and the same.
Sanitation every Saturday.
Sanitation cancelled

Both APC and pdp don't give much thought to policies.. undecided

7 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by SasEbhohon(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nairalanders xo xo love fighting.welcome dev tho wit most of our neighbors french as deir official language
Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Sharp9: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
I never learn english finish abeg

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
Sijo01:
Is this administration trying to adopt French as our official language?
When will history and our local languages be made complusary?

I just tire. The youths like me know nothing about our heritage. They won't think about that but adopting a useless difficult language that would make most peeps miss classes

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Kaylexzy(m): 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Who cares?

English wey we never sabi finish... una 1 add French... God dey

And I trust my Naija folks, dem go find way to invent pidgin-French. grin

I wonder how it will sound like... cool

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
dannywest01:
you need to check yourself up. There has never been a day that you won't engage in e fight. Shey na curse for you? You can't buttress a point without abuses. I guess your still a secondary school student.

Pls back up your assertions with facts and figures just like the guy u are having an e-warfare did.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Tolux17: 10:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
Is this the change they promised us? How will this provide Employment? Security? And many other things we need as a Nation. French Ko, Social studies ni...

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Nickymezor(f): 10:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nt a bad move...

1 Like

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by OBAGADAFFI: 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
What's the economic advantage of learning French.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by bizgai(m): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
worry359:

Are you really that s-tupid?
French is well down the list and only spoken in backwater countries! (Like France!)
If a Nigerian politician is saying this it is only because of the "gifts" that he has been given!
so which of your stated languages do any of our neighbor speak na ,
Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Psalm18:
Lol.
As usual a pronouncement without much thought placed on how to execute.

Both APC and pdp don't give much thought to policies.. undecided

PDP=APC

Same set of clowns

1 Like

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Meanwhile where is the promised 5k before they will start adding to people's problems

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by tosyne2much(m): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
InstaDon123:
We never sabi correct English finish una wan add French to am. Misplaced priority
cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by aleshmotors: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Continua,Shabi na only u waka come, Deres God 0 when we never understan English finish una won add french, is dat my mother's language? B4 u rply me tell me d past participle of language den we can adopt french as a language
dannywest01:
thank you sir. You are not like the man who never supports any good thing. Let us be diversed so we can mingle with people from other parts of the world. I support the motion big time

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Olaide1295: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
af

1 Like

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by ttmacoy: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Where did you get that from?

The most common language by number of people are Mandarin, Spanish, English, Arabic and Hindi. French comes in a distant 18th.

While I see the benefit in being multi lingual, I don't understand why it has to be French. Why not make it mandatory for our students to study a second international language and give them the choice. We are not a former French colony who have lots of dealings with France, and French is not our official language so why does it have to be french?

dannywest01:
It's a welcome development from our government. At least our children will be diversed. French is the most commonly spoken language of the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by godoluwa(m): 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
ekpotek:
I support this move. I think Nigerian should be bilingual in the face of French neigbours. It will help in economic integration of the region. Added to French, Chinese and Arabic should also be taught in Public schools. Thses are the languages of the future.
Chinese? YES. Arabic? GOD FORBID !!! alekomseylapal !!!

1 Like

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by alex406(m): 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
In as much as this is coming late, i totally support it. We need to improve in our communication skills so that we can adapt anywhere we find ourselves, be it in africa, europe or america, its very important to raise our language skills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by meforyou1(m): 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Politicians and lies. The minister said that just to please the ambassador. Where will they import the teachers from?

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Like they did 16yrs ago.....story
Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by sinistermind(m): 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
The last time I heard this crap was in Abacha's Administration. Nigeria is yet to break free from colonization. You cant make anoda Nigerian Language compulsory, it's now french. I weep for my country.

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by meforyou1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
alex406:
In as much as this is coming late, i totally support it. We need to improve in our communication skills so that we can adapt anywhere we find ourselves, be it in africa, europe or america, its very important to raise our language skills.
where will they get the teachers from?
Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by thundafire: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
dis foolish minister dat is confused so bcus french ambassador visited u,all u can say is make it compulsory as if u knw french but if i might ask is french a NIGERIAN LINGUA FRANCA dnt knw y dis clueless government poke nose in everything nd wil soon blame GEJ

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by Dminister(m): 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Good move.

Ehn! Bubu, #clears throat, its not only to fight kworruption, make a good move for development and let's start seeing that you are fulfilling the promises made to nigerians.

In case you forgot the promises let me remind you.

1. You said one dollar will be equal to one naira

2. You said in six months Boko Haram will be a thing of the past.

3. You said you will start paying all graduates 5000 monthly stipend.

4. You said there will be stable electricity supply and nigerians will celebrate uninterrupted power supply for at least two years.

Infact your promises are too many that I can't remember all, yet you have not been able to fulfil one out of all the promises you made.

Bubu, people are hungry and your fighting corruption is not helping matters.

Channel your attention to basic needs.

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by suyamasta(m): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Rubbishhh na dem papa dem go force dat kain rubbish untop! i hope this is a joke bcuz we did not vote for such styupid policies abeggg we have better things to deal with than forcing french on all students!

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by LightofEarendil: 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is not bad.

There were times in my course of work that I had deeply wished I could speak French.

There were even opportunities for international career advancement and exposure that I missed because there were others who stood better chances because they speak both English and French.

Those who wish to especially a pursue career with international donor organizations and NGOs with presence in different African countries should take note.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
dannywest01:
It's a welcome development from our government. At least our children will be diversed. French is the most commonly spoken language of the world.

Say wha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Danced, Played Football, Basketball And Rapped – Oti, Covenant University Best / WASSCE 2020 - 3 Tips On How To Pass Your WAEC 2020 Exam / Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.