Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Guess What? Show Off Time - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guess What? Show Off Time (2412 Views)

Hello Webmasters Guess Which Platform This Blog Is On? / Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! / Misstechy Is Giving Away 10,000 naira To Anyone That Can Guess This Correctly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by ojchris(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2006
Na get time
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by loungr(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2006
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by nosa101(f): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2006
loungr:

www.caramellounge.com
Quality but the attachments don't work *sob* and can you making the forum default font a little bit bigger
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by loungr(m): 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2006
am working on it, a whole new version coming out soon and attatchents included
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by tommiekidd(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2006
Most ya lots chat shit man,i've seen different sort of site with the same colour of backgroud and links ,even texts.
Anyway,u don't have to use a .com hosting domains, moreover those subdomain are free,so it's worth it.
I just made a chat software which is still on computer for some reason, and most of u are just copyrighter, stealing stuffs from pple site. U need more lessons blad.
I'm born 2 be a NERD,u can't beat it m8.suck out.
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by timmy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2006
Tommiekidd or tommilittleboy, youve got the most disgusting webdesign skills iv ever seen, i just got this little 13 year old girl i taut to deisgn and in two days shes done alot better than yur gay ass cheesy
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by tommiekidd(m): 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2006
u need to learn proper english and use them in the right scene,ok?
and don't say wat u don't know.dickhead
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by xanadu: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2006
Why, oh why are we like this, ? Why must everything come down to: "my own is better than your own", ??
This is no small matter and is not only evident in this post: methinks it is at the heart of a larger Nigerian problem - we all want to show off as being better than the next person.

We do not simply and honestly criticise a website when we are asked to, we go about bringing the whole thing down with insults and comparisons with our 'killer sites', and for good measure, with our 'qualifications'.

And when we do criticise a website honestly and dispassionately, the website owner takes offence, and again it all comes down to the 'mine is bigger than yours' game. 

When will we remove this constant display of arrogant egotism from our national psyche? I know of more than a few sites where a website review will ONLY result in positive criticism, and where such is painful, the site owner simply thanks the critic and proceeds to adjust accordingly. I have to add, though, that these forums are not Nigerian ones, neither are the majority of their members. And the criticisms help to produce better sites.

I hope the day comes when we can all give and receive criticisms with the sole aim of improving ourselves.

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR PUBLIC FIGHTS
Nairaland is a discussion forum, and it is inevitable that disagreements with crop up from time to time.  Please be nice and respectful to other members at all times and do not resort to personal attacks, accusations, name-calling, and other unproductive forms of communication.  If you are upset with another member of the forum you must settle the fight outside the forum.  You must not carry out any 'fights' on the open forum.  'Fights' are not allowed.

Seun, the above is from your site 'rules'. One wonders if the language in the above posts really should be allowed on the pages of this great forum.
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by tommiekidd(m): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2006
hmmn,aight
but sincerely speaking, most of these haterz haven't got a website they're proud of. all they do is condemn. anyway. i can still smell those pussies
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by naijafan(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2006
tommiekiddy

you are just one hell of an individual. you asked people to show off and still didnt have something for us to see. someone pointed that out and you resorted to name-calling. that aint right at all.

to be sincere, that site http://www.tommiekiddy.co.nr/ is nothing to write home about. it makes use of outddated concepts like a string trailing the mouse pointer. those things have been marked as annoying to user experience and site designers are discouraged from using it. nosa101 pointed out your grammatical errors and you resorted to using foul language, despite the fact that you still went ahead to make the necessary changes. smiley

just in case you're beginning to think of insulting me about not dropping a job of my own, check out http://dssnigeria.com its not close to the best of what i've done but at least, you can see what a site can look like.

other unnecesary things on your site is the calculator. . . i could as well press 'win+r', type 'calc', and hit the 'enter' key instead. is your site related to time-telling or what's the use of the three huge clocks on display? and why pick those three locations, got houses there? just kidding anyway. but a personal website should have something to offer its visitors.

hope the calculator thing isnt one of the softwares you mentioned? i've been into desktop applications development for 6 years and i've never for once behaved like you. bragging doesnt make you better. just in case, i was among the four-man team that worked on http://www.babcockuni.edu.ng. you have to learn to learn. it'll only make better person.

you can write viruses? good for you
you write viruses? very bad!!!
most softwares can be made to run from external devices after a lil tweak. any pc savvy individual should be able to do that.

concerning your usage of free domains, most people are wary of visiting such sites as malicious individuals use them as an avenue to propagate malicious content since there is no proper identity verification scheme put in place and its free! If you want people to appreciate your works, move them to a .com or any paid gtld  (global top level domain).

just in case you want to make contacts, you're welcome anytime. cheers
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by my2cents(m): 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2006
prodgal,

from now henceforth, I know thee not as a Flex developer. Ye shalt henceforth be known as a psycho-therapist grin
Re: Guess What? Show Off Time by taiwoaigor(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2006
Ok i got some site by my most recent ones are
www.digit0.com/shoes/
www.professionalwomensanonymous.org

yeah just those 2 for now
working on some also the moment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Version Of Paypal And Liberty Reserve / URGENT: Help Can't Make Payment On GO DADDY / Why Majority Of Nigerians At Elance.com Don't Rise Above 0 - $100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.