Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) (22574 Views)

How To Study For Long Hours With Full Concentration / Recipe For Studying For Very Long Hours At A Stretch? / Cute Mother Of Twins Studying For Her Exams (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by DammyInforms(m): 10:26am On Feb 01, 2016
Good morning, I just felt the need to share this with you. I don't know why though, but I believe it will be of great help to someone. Overtime, I have learnt some simple tips based on my experiences whenever I'm studying.

When I was schooling at AAUA, I found reading for long hours very easy and pleasurable. But I discovered that majority of my colleagues found reading boring and strenuous. They studied as a matter of necessity only when exams were around the corner.

These were the simple tips that helped my study life;

1. I read intermittently

By this, I mean that I read bit by bit, not allowing my work to pile up. I ensured that I read piecemeal. I could study for two hours and return to studying thirty minutes after.

2. I drank water whenever studying

The truth is I don't know the scientific justification for this, but I observed that I get renewed whenever I drank water while studying. You can also try it today.

3. I changed reading position whenever I was tired

I could read for an hour while standing or laying down. It all depended on the position that pleased at the time.

4. I tried to stay focused whenever I study

At a point I had to train myself to study and remain focused even in a noisy environment. You can build your mind to always stay focused whenever you are studying.

5. I took lots of notes when studying

I discovered that there was a connection between my mind and whatever I wrote down. I tend to remember very fast anything I write down. Ensure you try this today.

Happy new month

Written by Damilola Olisa (@DammyInforms)

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by EHMIR(m): 10:47am On Feb 01, 2016
All my life i never studied more than ann hr

Neither do i read at night(but some rare case,i do)nd i always make my papersgrin

iam d type dat graps while d lecture is on,i also browse thru given topics b4 hand,so it is easier for me to take d neccessary points during nd aftr class

i dont take too much stress to read(i wwould rather read newspapers,journals,literary works,text books than to read my very own notebooks??sad)

its God's doin oocheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
I am a Genius, I don't need to study or that was the plan....till I entered College... 1 carry over taught Me the lesson of my life.

Op, why study when you can fvck the lecturer instead? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Very correct!

Typical xteristics of a bookworm.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Kreamie(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
General tips don't work for everyone..

One has to understand the rate at which one assimilates and at what time...Without these factored in, one is just deceiving one's self.. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by theshaderoom: 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
Yes I remember the things I write down when I study very quickly
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Sijo01(f): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
As far as I'm present in class, I gat no reason(s) to open my books again. Yes, am that lazy academically. I thank God say I nor fail one day

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by TreasureTayo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nice one... But getting paid with these reading methods is the main thing!!! Jah bless my Hustle! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
Good read. I'm studying ATM.

Sijo01:
As far as I'm present in class, I gat no reason(s) to open my books again. Yes, am that lazy academically. I thank God say I nor fail one day

I'm not trying to lecture you, but this attitude is very bad. Great men read lots of books.

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by whiz10(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
my friend read almost all day especially midnight. anytime I try to ignore him and have a sound sleep, my conscience won't let me because I thought I was exchanging my parents investment with mere pleasure. I thought about failure and reasons why I needed to buckle up. so I engaged on "marathon" with my homie. I struggled to compete with that dude. I couldn't build a study habits. I always don't last two hours before I get frustrated. my point is, everyone should try and discover his/her best study method. I discovered mine, trust me reading became a thing of pleasure. I read, jot and record with my phone. one's it evening I play a cool song and later listen to my own audio via head phones. it never failed me. now I spend about 10hours daily having fun in disguise of reading.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
EHMIR:
All my life i never studied more than ann hr

Neither do i read at night(but some rare case,i do)nd i always make my papersgrin

iam d type dat graps while d lecture is on,i also browse thru given topics b4 hand,so it is easier for me to take d neccessary points during nd aftr class

i dont take too much stress to read(i wwould rather read newspapers,journals,literary works,text books than to read my very own notebooks??sad)

its God's doin oocheesy

And the result was/is ?
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by boombay(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
and what did you graduate with? a third class or a pass??
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by mathew9999(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
Bad reading be DAT one ooo
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by baddyoosha: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
k
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
Great
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Donald3d(m): 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
....and i take a lot of chocolate bars,it helps me concentrate and assimilate fast, i didnt even known why it was working for me, i taught it was just my body, until i researched and discovered that ,scientifically chocolate improves assimilation
NOTE: you dont have to buy expensive chocolate, if you no get plenty money buy PARAGO grin grin grin grin grin grin, thats what i used back in school

5 Likes

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Sijo01(f): 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
RickRichards:
Good read. I'm studying ATM.

I'm not trying to lecture you, but this attitude is very bad. Great men read lots of books.

I sure no it's a very bad attitude but I've tried severally to break out of it to no avail.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by olafum1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
After flexing for nearly the whole of my first semester, now two weeks to exam and I was like angry angry ,what have i read?. Then, I started reading but couldn't push my sef too hard because I start getting some sort of head and stomach ache. At the end of the day my CGPA was with a single digit number less to 4.00, and I was like shocked shocked . So if I crashed studied and got this, it means I could get more with a solid reading plan on ground.

Then Whoops wink.. subsequent semesters keeps on bringing the best of me, GPA only dropped once throughout the 8 semesters, graduated among best three in a department of 200+ , Got some scholarships along the way.

Truth of the Matter: Know what works for you best and follow through, don't copy others, cut on parties and distractions, attend fellowships and pray. You will enjoy school and after school if u study hard and obtain a good result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by youngwarlocks: 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
I JUST LOVE MY SCHOOL FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA.
[FUT] DO YOU LOVE YOUR SCHOOL?
*u ask your friends..how far
with reading? They
say they haven't started...only to get to the LIBRARY and find
out they
have a permanent seat.
* You graduate with 2.20 and you will be telling yourself. If it
were to be Babcock.. I would have been a 3.70 graduate by now.
* In FUT you don't need to go far for anything...right in your
hostel you have an electrician, painter, carpenter,
plumber (even a drug dealer).
*Yhu have already prepared food but to eat na wahala because
Ure already late for lectures
*come night class during exam u go see different levels of
reading. scanning,skimming,jacking and flipping.
*During exams u will know those who are naturally beautiful
because no time for makeup at all. Everyone becomes born-
again by force.
* It's always funny when exam
supervisor says SUBMIT!! And many
students suddenly develop that
super human ability; answering
3hrs question in 50seconds.

3 good gbosa for our fantastic Futminna ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by GentleNate(m): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Dont get it twisted... Reading for hours doesn't guarantee academic success .. jst get d logic, understand urself/ur temperament..
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Donald3d(m): 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sijo01:
what course did you study ? try that in Engineering or medicine and you will know that Seun is not Lalasticlala grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by GentleNate(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
Donald3d:
....and i take a lot of chocolate bars,it helps me concentrate and assimilate fast, i didnt even known whyit was working for me i taught it was just my body until i researched and discovered that scientifically chocolate improves assimilation
NOTE: you dont have to buy expensive chocolate, if you no get plenty money buy PARAGO grin grin grin grin grin grin, thats what i used back in school
Afterwards, u end up graduating wit a decayed teeth...

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by sommyskibo: 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
Very nice article

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by agoadiv(m): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
I'll surely try this
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Sijo01(f): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
Donald3d:
what course did you study ? try that in Engineering or medicine and you will know that Seun is not Lalasticlala

cheesy cheesy
Arts then, Mgt Sci. now.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Mologi(m): 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
Olizguy
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
GentleNate:
Dont get it twisted... Reading for hours doesn't guarantee academic success .. jst get d logic, understand urself/ur temperament..
We're talking bout how to study. Which 1 is temperament again biko
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by iykekelvins(m): 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Will need these steps for prescience this year.
Thanks OP.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by ajoskele(m): 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
I rep AAUA
How come this thread is still here? Op should have put Davido or Snake-killing in the topic.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Dis r d kinds of topic dat shud full fp! Nice1 op smiley

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
If only our studies were as exciting as nairaland or the many articles littered across the Internet. I built the habit of reading for hours only a year after university. Reading lecture notes were no fun because one could not relate to the situations listed.
The only advice I can give on this is to study far and wide, things relating to your course no matter how obscure, amateurly written or their source(s) - they'd give a broader idea of the subject than just limiting yourself to lecture notes and textbooks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIZIK 2017/2018 Departmental Cut Off Marks And Points / JAMB Applicants Storm NIMC Office In Ikeja For NIN (Photos) / Unizik Student Drowns While Celebrating Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.