Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything (7550 Views)

The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price / Tecno Spark K7 Full Review: Cheap Does Not Always Mean Crab!!! / Spark K7: The Latest Smartphone By TECNO Mobile, See Specs And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
A real world speed test comparison was made with the iPhone 6s plus, Google nexus 6p and Microsoft lumia 950 XL. On paper android is the clear winner, but it is not so in real world. This is where I respect Apple for creating an os that is well optimized and runs perfectly with limited power.

A quick specs comparison,:

IPhone 6s plus has 2gb of ram vs 3gb of ram on the nexus 6p

IPhone has dual core processor clocked at 1.8ghz vs octacore on the nexus 6p clocked at 2.2ghz

On paper android powerhouse should be murdering the iPhone, at least some people here will not come and say that OEM's are spoiling android by adding their own skin, this is pure undiluted android we are talking here straight from Google.. It is a nexus device. IPhone 6splus finished this app launching test with almost 2 minutes ahead of the nexus. IMPRESSIVE.

Note: I'm an android user, but I've so used iOS devices and I won't deny I love using the iPhone, but since I'm a power user I'll always prefer android.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc3WP8PmKpU
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by kingreign(m): 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
Truth is iphone has been, is and will continually be epic.

Side note: Chief Abatically, seem you've ported into the phone talk and left cartalk.

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
Uhn??
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by S4SOLOMON4(m): 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
True talk
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by daphid25(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sometimes it does, but some brands lie about their specs undecided
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by joehis2013: 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
The OS software matters too
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
joehis2013:
The OS software matters too

Yes, that's what I'm trying to say. Some people say Iphones are underpowered because they don't have 4gb of ram or because the most recent iPhone has only dual core processors while mid range android phones have octacore. I really don't see the need for Octacore processors on a mobile phone if the software is optimized. But whatever, if octacores or decacores and 4gb of ram is what is needed to get android phones to run smooth, then so be it. Every app an Octacore android can run, a dual core iPhone can run too and even faster and better.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by oyewolestephen(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
But Eye phone is costly that its counterparts. They optimise everything in their phone but can do the same with their exorbitant prices

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by fulfillbill(m): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
It matters o...depends on what you intend to use it for...just like laptops and desktop computers, they all have their functions.
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
fulfillbill:
It matters o...depends on what you intend to use it for...just like laptops and desktop computers, they all have their functions.

They are phones dude, not full fledged computers. Phones will always have limitations no matter the amount of power it packs.
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by omarithmetics: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
Yh specs don't mean a thing. The people that waste their time making these specs and those watching out and buying phones with these specs couldn't tell the difference between a yam and a coco yam.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
Well uhm, Specs dont really Matter.. Lemme use Android as an example..

MTN Smart Mini S620 Phone's Battery is 1300MaH, its RAM is 512MB, Processor of 1Gigahertz or so..

Tecno Camon C8's battery is 3000MaH, its Ram is 1GB and Processor is way high(i cant guess)..

In Performance, MTN Smart Mini S620 outshines the Tecno Camon C8.. Its Multitasking is sleek, Gaming is real good too, Battery behaves like a 2900MaH.. I've used both phones and i can tell yu that Tecno only outshines in terms of Camera and sleek looks..

Sometimes, Specs are Specs, Nothing more...
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nsonaso(m): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
abatically:
A real world speed test comparison was made with the iPhone 6s plus, Google nexus 6p and Microsoft lumia 950 XL. On paper android is the clear winner, but it is not so in real world. This is where I respect Apple for creating an os that is well optimized and runs perfectly with limited power.

A quick specs comparison,:

IPhone 6s plus has 2gb of ram vs 3gb of ram on the nexus 6p

IPhone has dual core processor clocked at 1.8ghz vs octacore on the nexus 6p clocked at 2.2ghz

On paper android powerhouse should be murdering the iPhone, at least some people here will not come and say that OEM's are spoiling android by adding their own skin, this is pure undiluted android we are talking here straight from Google.. It is a nexus device. IPhone 6splus finished this app launching test with almost 2 minutes ahead of the nexus. IMPRESSIVE.

Note: I'm an android user, but I've so used iOS devices and I won't deny I love using the iPhone, but since I'm a power user I'll always prefer android.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc3WP8PmKpU

You don't really know how it works or do you?

Apple has full and complete control over apps published on Apple App Store I.e since apple develope iOS to run on less powerful devices apple also force developer's to optimize their apps to run flawlessly on those devices as well.
Unlike Google that has minimal or less control over apps published on Google play store.... So anybody can publish un-optimized junk app to Google play store making app to run very slow on Android powered devices....

The Google device in the video (though I didn't watch it) was able to run fast enough because of it high CPU, if you should run those app on those outdated CPU, you will see how sluggish the app will run.... So it's actually not Android OS that causes the sluggish running of app on Android device but app developer who fail to optimize their apps for Android OS, making Android device to use more resources to run an app.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by seunpayne(m): 9:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nsonaso:

Apple has full and complete control over apps published on Apple App Store I.e since apple develope iOS to run on less powerful devices apple also force developer's to optimize their apps to run flawlessly on those devices as well unlike Google that has minimal or less control over apps published on Google play store.... So anybody can publish un-optimized junk app to Google play store making app to run very slow on Android.....
The Google device in the video (though I didn't watch it) was able to run fast enough because of it high CPU, if you should run those app on those outdated CPU, you will see how sluggish the app will run.... So it's actually not Android OS the causes the sluggish running of app on Android device but the developer who fail to optimize their apps make Android device to use more resources to run an app.

As an android defense attorney, do you always make a case against your client? I believe what you just said can be interpreted as "well yeah the specs are true as long as you don't use the phone to run apps created by lazy developers who for some reason are hardworking when designing the same apps on the iOS platform. Because, let's face it, we all like our phones packed only so we can make excuses for Google at the same cost of...I don't know...an equally priced device that is sleeker and err...better optimized?"

Your honor the prosecution has no further questions.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nsonaso:

Apple has full and complete control over apps published on Apple App Store I.e since apple develope iOS to run on less powerful devices apple also force developer's to optimize their apps to run flawlessly on those devices as well.
Unlike Google that has minimal or less control over apps published on Google play store.... So anybody can publish un-optimized junk app to Google play store making app to run very slow on Android powered devices....

The Google device in the video (though I didn't watch it) was able to run fast enough because of it high CPU, if you should run those app on those outdated CPU, you will see how sluggish the app will run.... So it's actually not Android OS the causes the sluggish running of app on Android device but the developer who fail to optimize their apps, making Android device to use more resources to run an app.

U just buttress my point that apps run flawlessly on less powerful ecosystem like IOS than on Android. This means Apple put in a lot to make it work that way. Android on the other hand is power hungry and requires high cpu and ram to make apps run as fast (not even as fast) as in IOS. The android phone in the video is a Google Nexus phone, that is supposed to be the benchmark of android phones.

Actually only Google apps run faster on Android, every other apps are more optimized on Iphones

1 Like

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nsonaso(m): 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
seunpayne:

As an android defense attorney, do you always make a case against your client? I believe what you just said can be interpreted as "well yeah the specs are true as long as you don't use the phone to run apps created by lazy developers who for some reason are hardworking when designing the same apps on the iOS platform. Because, let's face it, we all like our phones packed only so we can make excuses for Google at the same cost of...I don't know...an equally priced device that is sleeker and err...better optimized?"

Your honor the prosecution has no further questions.
Am not defending any OS or OEM Bro. I particularly don't really know Android OS as I know iOS because am not an Android beta tester, I don't own a Google device cos stock Android UI is very ugly and boring (personal preference)
If you own an iDevice..... Join iOS beta testers and see how iOS app developer will continue to push update at each transition of iOS I.e from 7.x to 8.x to 9.x to optimize their apps to run flawlessly on that iOS version.....

Again if you have Android phone and iOS device, install the same on them and see which one is more updated frequently.

Also do you know that most iOS app have different versions for their iPhone and iPad this is because of optimization but Android on the other hand, one app to run on both Android phone and Android Tablet no optimization at all....
So Dude I practically know what am telling you.

Android apps are mostly updated for new features but iOS bug fixing (optimization) to avoid being kicked out of Apple App Store
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by fulfillbill(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
abatically:

They are phones dude, not full fledged computers. Phones will always have limitations no matter the amount of power it packs.

The reason why phones have specs is because many people use phones for different reasons, no doubt there would be limitations, i only used computers as example to explain what i meant.
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by costandi(m): 1:05am On Feb 02, 2016
The OS are different, use an identical OS on same fones and see the effect of the spec differences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 2:00am On Feb 02, 2016
cheesy
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 2:02am On Feb 02, 2016
costandi:
The OS are different, use an identical OS on same fones and see the effect of the spec differences.

Of course they are different. Android needs more power to run as smooth as iOS. If u have a car with s v8 engine and 500hp and 0-100 in 6 seconds with top speed of 240km/hr, and I have a car of the same size with 4 cylinder engine and 200hp, 0-100 in same 6 seconds and same top speed, which one do u think is more efficient?
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nsonaso(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2016
abatically:

U just buttress my point that apps run flawlessly on less powerful ecosystem like IOS than on Android. This means Apple put in a lot to make it work that way. [s]Android on the other hand is power hungry [/s] and requires high cpu and ram to make apps run as fast (not even as fast) as in IOS. The android phone in the video is a Google Nexus phone, that is supposed to be the benchmark of android phones.

Actually only Google apps run faster on Android, every other apps are more optimized on Iphones
Android isn't that power hungry if you really understand the need for pushing more CPU core and RAM to machines be it phone, Tablet PC or full flag PC.

If you say Android is power hungry then it means Mac OS, Windows PC OS is also power hungry too.

Why manufacturer push more CPU core to Android powered devices is because Android is an open source (I.e open to unlimited possibilities, even Google themselves don't know the limit of Android OS).
So Android users tend to be using their Android devices to try out new things (complicated things) every day and to make Android device future prof, there's need to push more CPU core and RAM etc.

Unlike iOS devices, their users mostly use it for medias and games which are highly optimized for the platform... No complicated things. People who who try to do complicated things always see the other side of iOS and in order not to bring bad name to the reputation that Steve Jobs has suffered so much for, for so many years Apple will always try to block the loop hole....

There are lots of simple things I've done on my Android device but if I try it on iOS it fails.

The only problem that Android has is that their app developers doesn't optimize their apps.

I known the two platform..... So am not defending any just trying to prove a point.
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 11:35am On Feb 02, 2016
Nsonaso:

Android isn't that power hungry if you really understand the need for pushing more CPU core and RAM to machines be it phone, Tablet PC or full flag PC.

If you say Android is power hungry then it means Mac OS, Windows PC OS is also power hungry too.

Why manufacturer push more CPU core to Android powered devices is because Android is an open source (I.e open to unlimited possibilities, even Google themselves don't know the limit of Android OS).
So Android users tend to be using their Android devices to try out new things (complicated things) every day and to make Android device future prof, there's need to push more CPU core and RAM etc.

Unlike iOS devices, their users mostly use it for medias and games which are highly optimized for the platform... No complicated things. People who who try to do complicated things always see the other side of iOS and in order not to bring bad name to the reputation that Steve Jobs has suffered so much for, for so many years Apple will always try to block the loop hole....

There are lots of simple things I've done on my Android device but if I try it on iOS it fails.

The only problem that Android has is that their app developers doesn't optimize their apps.

I known the two platform..... So am not defending any just trying to prove a point.

I get ur point, I'm also an android power user and really I've not seen anything ancroid can do thatvios cannot do to be frank. Unless ur talking about things deliberately blocked by apple like drag and drop, Bluetooth file transfer, fast charging , etc. These things don't require high CPU or RAM. Iphones can do virtually everything through applications and that is why there are more accessories for iphones than there is for android.

U said android are designed to be future proof? That is just a phrase used to deceive us. An android phone u bought today will be obsolete in 2 yrs time because they would have released newer ones that double the CPU and RAM... So where is the 'future proof'? I have a galaxy note 5 and I know in 2 yrs time it will look obsolete to me and Samsung will not update it because by then they would focus on galaxy note 7, so what is future proof about it?

Yes android is power hungry because it is just a mobile OS. Mac and windows on the other hand are full fledged computers that are used not only for media consumption but media creation. Computers need as much power as they can to be productive. For example to do serious Photoshop or professional video editing, u need a machine with high CPU, GPU graphics and ram so that is why macs are designed to be powerful. U can't do these things on a mobile phone no matter the CPU and ram u cramp in.... So what's the point?

For all the powers packed in android phones, iphones still have more accessories and have been put to better use in different productive research's like medicine, construction, etc.

Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Xhaka(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2016
Djangocode:
Well uhm, Specs dont really Matter.. Lemme use Android as an example..

MTN Smart Mini S620 Phone's Battery is 1300MaH, its RAM is 512MB, Processor of 1Gigahertz or so..

Tecno Camon C8's battery is 3000MaH, its Ram is 1GB and Processor is way high(i cant guess)..

In Performance, MTN Smart Mini S620 outshines the Tecno Camon C8.. Its Multitasking is sleek, Gaming is real good too, Battery behaves like a 2900MaH.. I've used both phones and i can tell yu that Tecno only outshines in terms of Camera and sleek looks..

Sometimes, Specs are Specs, Nothing more...
Wait first, did you just say MTN Smart Mini S620 outshines the tecno Camon C8?
You must be joking
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nsonaso(m): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
abatically:

I get ur point, I'm also an android power user and really I've not seen anything ancroid can do thatvios cannot do to be frank. Unless ur talking about things deliberately blocked by apple like drag and drop, Bluetooth file transfer, fast charging , etc. These things don't require high CPU or RAM. Iphones can do virtually everything through applications and that is why there are more accessories for iphones than there is for android.

U said android are designed to be future proof? That is just a phrase used to deceive us. An android phone u bought today will be obsolete in 2 yrs time because they would have released newer ones that double the CPU and RAM... So where is the 'future proof'? I have a galaxy note 5 and I know in 2 yrs time it will look obsolete to me and Samsung will not update it because by then they would focus on galaxy note 7, so what is future proof about it?

Yes android is power hungry because it is just a mobile OS. Mac and windows on the other hand are full fledged computers that are used not only for media consumption but media creation. Computers need as much power as they can to be productive. For example to do serious Photoshop or professional video editing, u need a machine with high CPU, GPU graphics and ram so that is why macs are designed to be powerful. U can't do these things on a mobile phone no matter the CPU and ram u cramp in.... So what's the point?

For all the powers packed in android phones, iphones still have more accessories and have been put to better use in different productive research's like medicine, construction, etc.
1. Bro for the fact that every year or 2 Android device got new hardware update doesn't mean your old device isn't a feature proof.

Technology as a whole is like that or tell is there any year that Intel doesn't release an upgrade to its Core i5, i7 CPU series or is there any year that Apple doesn't release new update to it's Macbook series? Go to auto section etc

future proof: is when you can still run the same next 2 years OS version on your today device. E.g HTC Desire HD still get Android 5.1.1, 6.0 in the work

Simple thing that iOS device can't do because of RAM, open other apps too, open up to 25 pages in Opera mini, type something in 1, switch to another and type something else... Switch to the different pages and go back to the first page and see what you typed has been cleared. This is why you need more RAM

Android devices support backward compatibility I.e you can be on Android 6 today and tomorrow back to Android 4.2 if you so desire just like your Windows machine that you can be on Windows 10 today and go back to Windows Xp... That is where Android is focusing to make your Mobile device behave like PC.

About using Android for real productivity like editing stuffs...if the software is developed for it platform, Android devices will be capable to handle it to an extent with their hardware cos hardware are the first thing to consider in software development expecially the demanding types like that editing stuff.... Because hardware is more difficult to change than software which is just writing or editing of code...

And who told you that WITHINGS is not available for Android.... And not only WITHINGS there are other companies too
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nsonaso:

1. Bro for the fact that every year or 2 Android device got new hardware update doesn't mean your old device isn't a feature proof.

Technology as a whole is like that or tell is there any year that Intel doesn't release an upgrade to its Core i5, i7 CPU series or is there any year that Apple doesn't release new update to it's Macbook series? Go to auto section etc

future proof: is when you can still run the same next 2 years OS version on your today device. E.g HTC Desire HD still get Android 5.1.1, 6.0 in the work

Simple thing that iOS device can't do because of RAM, open other apps too, open up to 25 pages in Opera mini, type something in 1, switch to another and type something else... Switch to the different pages and go back to the first page and see what you typed has been cleared. This is why you need more RAM

Android devices support backward compatibility I.e you can be on Android 6 today and tomorrow back to Android 4.2 if you so desire just like your Windows machine that you can be on Windows 10 today and go back to Windows Xp... That is where Android is focusing to make your Mobile device behave like PC.

About using Android for real productivity like editing stuffs...if the software is developed for it platform, Android devices will be capable to handle it to an extent with their hardware cos hardware are the first thing to consider in software development expecially the demanding types like that editing stuff.... Because hardware is more difficult to change than software which is just writing or editing of code...

Wait a minute, did u just say opera mini? Dude u count that as a browser? That sh*t is meant for broke ass people that want to manage their data. I don't even have opera mini on my phone because I hate how it compresses data, I like my web pages full with all the graphics available. Any mobile phone with even 512mb of ram can open up to 25 pages on opera mini without having to refresh because it is not power demanding. U want to talk about web pages multitasking, then let's talk safari on the iPhone 6s . IPhone 6s with 2gb of ram is more than capable of opening 25 pages on safari (full browser) without having to refresh. Just check the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-6ZaFZubQ

Mobile phones run on mobile OS, no matter the amount of power u pack in, it still won't do serious work like video editing and people change their phones after 1-3 years. With computers it is different. A company can run on the same computers for 7-10 years before they change them.. That is future proof. U can even build ur own computer to ur taste, if ur hardware becomes obsolete u can change s few hardware components , u can add more ram and graphic cards and ur computer will become as good as the latest. That android devices support backward compatibility has nothing to do with number of cores or amount of RAM. My ps4 is not backward compatible, so does that mean it is not as powerful as a ps2 or it doesn't have the hardware to run ps2 games? The answer is NO.

The MAJOR reason to add more power and rams to phones is to aid easy navigation, fast app opening, smooth multitasking and general smooth running of the OS, and maybe to run graphic demanding games smoother. IPhone 6s with 2gb if ram does this than most android phones with 4gb of ram. If u don't believe me then watch the video below between iPhone 6s plus with. 2gb of ram and dual core processor against one of androids powerhouse, the one and only Samsung galaxy note 5 with 4gb of ram and octacore processor. It is really a shame that an iPhone with lesser power can perform more than a powerhouse like galaxy note 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pH8q5fAio
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nsonaso(m): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
abatically:

Wait a minute, did u just say [s]opera mini? Dude u count that as a browser? That sh*t is meant for broke ass people that want to manage their data.[/s] I don't even have opera mini on my phone because I hate how it compresses data, I like my web pages full with all the graphics available. Any mobile phone with even 512mb of ram can open up to 25 pages on opera mini without having to refresh because it is not power demanding. U want to talk about web pages multitasking, then let's talk safari on the iPhone 6s . IPhone 6s with 2gb of ram is more than capable of opening 25 pages on safari (full browser) without having to refresh. Just check the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-6ZaFZubQ

Mobile phones run on mobile OS, no matter the amount of power u pack in, it still won't do serious work like video editing and people change their phones after 1-3 years. With computers it is different. A company can run on the same computers for 7-10 years before they change them.. That is future proof. U can even build ur own computer to ur taste, if ur hardware becomes obsolete u can change s few hardware components , u can add more ram and graphic cards and ur computer will become as good as the latest. That android devices support backward compatibility has nothing to do with number of cores or amount of RAM. My ps4 is not backward compatible, so does that mean it is not as powerful as a ps2 or it doesn't have the hardware to run ps2 games? The answer is NO.

The MAJOR reason to add more power and rams to phones is to aid easy navigation, fast app opening, smooth multitasking and general smooth running of the OS, and maybe to run graphic demanding games smoother. IPhone 6s with 2gb if ram does this than most android phones with 4gb of ram. If u don't believe me then watch the video below between iPhone 6s plus with. 2gb of ram and dual core processor against one of androids powerhouse, the one and only Samsung galaxy note 5 with 4gb of ram and octacore processor. It is really a shame that an iPhone with lesser power can perform more than a powerhouse like galaxy note 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pH8q5fAio

[b]
Oops now I know you don't even own an iDevice.... So No need to argue with you again.

But For your information Opera Mini on iOS is well refined, play flash online, can be used to fill real-time online form with auto refresh etc.... Opera mini on iOS is better than opera mini in any other mobile platform I've ever used apart from Windows phone 8.1+ which I've not used. You can get your friends iPhone and install Opera mini and confirm it yourself.

And that proves my point that apps are more optimized by the app developer to run on iOS flawlessly than other platforms. And this is not Android OS fault but the app developers. believe it or not it's your choice

I don't argue based on what is on the net but based on personal experience
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Op

If specs don't matter why

Did Apple bumped up the ram of iPhone 6s to 2GB?

Did Apple bumped up the camera of iPhone 6s from 8MP to 12MP and the front from 1.2MP to 5MP?

Did Apple tweaked it's chipset from Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon to Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister for (CPU) and
quad core graphics to six-core graphics for (GPU )?
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nsonaso:
[b]
Oops now I know you don't even own an iDevice.... So No need to argue with you again.

But For your information Opera Mini on iOS is well refined, play flash online, can be used to fill real-time online form with auto refresh etc.... Opera mini on iOS is better than opera mini in any other mobile platform I've ever used apart from Windows phone 8.1+ which I've not used. You can get your friends iPhone and install Opera mini and confirm it yourself.

And that proves my point that apps are more optimized by the app developer to run on iOS flawlessly than other platforms. And this is not Android OS fault but the app developers. believe it or not it's your choice

I don't argue based on what is on the net but based on personal experience

Dude do u just like to contradict urself ? Why was this thread created in the first place? To tell u that apps run better on iPhones with lower specs than android phones with monster specs. So thank u for letting me know opera mini is way better on iOS than androids (as if I don't already know).

Just like I said, I don't use opera mini because no matter how good it is, its still a mini designed to compress data. U can spend 10 times the data u use to open a page on opera mini if u open the same page on safari. Safari is a full blown browser. Ur argument was that iPhone 6s cannot open 25 pages on opera mini without refreshing, and I just showed u that it can open that amount of pages on safari without refreshing. Common sense should tell u that since it can do that with safari which is a heavier browser, then doing so on opera mini should be a piece of cake. Even phones with 1gb of ram can hold 20 pages on opera mini without problems. Now I don't know the purpose of ur argument because all u have done is prove me right. The main purpose of creating opera mini is to compress, compress and compress.
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
ollah1:
Op

If specs don't matter why

Did Apple bumped up the ram of iPhone 6s to 2GB?

Did Apple bumped up the camera of iPhone 6s from 8MP to 12MP and the front from 1.2MP to 5MP?

Did Apple tweaked it's chipset from Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon to Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister for (CPU) and
quad core graphics to six-core graphics for (GPU )?

Guy use ur common sense. Specs doesn't mean anything doesn't necessarily mean OEMS should release phones whom internals cannot handle tasks flawlessly. Apple know how to make the best out of their phones with less power, something android is lacking.
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
abatically:

Guy use ur common sense. Specs doesn't mean anything doesn't necessarily mean OEMS should release phones whom internals cannot handle tasks flawlessly. Apple know how to make the best out of their phones with less power, something android is lacking.

I guess u should be the one to use common sense. Since the slogan "it just works" is what ifans says, specs shouldn't be bumped at all and like the topic "specs don't mean anything". They should have left it at 1GB and 8MP and do the optimizations
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by abatically(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
ollah1:

I guess u should be the one to use common sense. Since the slogan "it just works" is what ifans says, specs shouldn't be bumped at all and like the topic "specs don't mean anything". They should have left it at 1GB and 8MP and do the optimizations

Lol. Yes it just works..more ram is added when needed, camera is improved when needed (even at that the 8mp of the iPhone 6 still takes better photos than 13mp of many android phones ). Android on the other hand just bump up specs just for bumping sake. At least u can see a huge performance difference between an iPhone 6s and an iPhone 6, but u can hardly see performance difference between an HTC one m9 and HTC one m8 even though the m9 has 3gb of ram and octacore vs quad core and 2gb of ram in the m8
Re: Proof That Specs Don't Mean Anything by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
abatically:

Yes, that's what I'm trying to say. Some people say Iphones are underpowered because they don't have 4gb of ram or because the most recent iPhone has only dual core processors while mid range android phones have octacore. I really don't see the need for Octacore processors on a mobile phone if the software is optimized. But whatever, if octacores or decacores and 4gb of ram is what is needed to get android phones to run smooth, then so be it. Every app an Octacore android can run, a dual core iPhone can run too and even faster and better.
but spec have everything to do with this.d iPhone 6s and 6s plus have the best single core CPU in d market and they also have the best GPU in any smartphone.ram has nothing to do with speed(it might help a little) but has everything to do with multitasking(I.e having several apps open at a given time) hence,the ipar air 2(2gb ram) and pro(4gb ram) can do split screen multitasking but not d air 1(1gb ram)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Touching Lives Season Five CSR Programme Kicks Off By Airtel / How Can I Download Whatsapp On Mhorse? / List Of Confirmed Smartphones To Receive Android 11 Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.