Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! (4120 Views)

Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017. / GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now) / Mtn's New 2k For 3.75gig And 1k For 1.5gig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is to inform all Glo subscribers that the 1.5 gig data bundle introduced to android phones users is totally a scam!

I ignorantly purchased Glo sim card to enjoy the awoof offer of 1.5gig for #1000 from Glo, to my greatest surprised I discovered that; I can't download,surf on net. Even when I called customer care line for about 3 times to fix the probs, they were unable to provide any solution to it.

Have been so devastated and angry with myself for been deceived.

Moreover,Sometimes when I on the data connectivity both the 2G and 3G network won't appear for 10-20 mints, even when it appears, it will be as useless as not switching on the data connection.

At first I thought the problem was with my phone, not until I tried other network especially Etisalat, that I now discovered that Glo scammed Nigerians.

I don't know if they reduced the speed of the network? or something else. The most annoying part is that, my data will soon expire in few days time and I still have about 60% of my data still hanging(unused).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by holarmy10(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
That's what I rock and it's working flawlessly.. Because u can't set up ur fone to browse doesn't mean it's a scam..

Olodo like you

16 Likes

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by prahcetomi(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Don't mislead people here......I'm currently using #1000 for 1.5gig subscription.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by ikombe: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
prahcetomi:
Don't mislead people here......I'm currently using #1000 for 1.5gig subscription.

holarmy10:
That's what I rock and it's working flawlessly.. Because u can't set up ur fone to browse doesn't mean it's a scam..

Olodo like you

Correct replies grin

no mind dat mumu op undecided

8 Likes

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
holarmy10:

Olodo like you

You must be out of tune bro... what will be my benefit for castigating Glo for the so called 1.5gig..

don't know of other plans on Glo but I strongly stick to it, that its a scam.

thanks for that olodo compliments cox it show how blackish your u are

2 Likes

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
prahcetomi:

Am not I will post the screenshot of what am facing here.

My phone setting is working well on MTN, ETISALAT... the so call Glo sent me the manual and automat configuration settings, still, it yielded nothing.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by timbros(m): 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
@op porchster. ..

Why do you guys always shout SCAM whenever something doesn't go well with you? Is it not the same Glo 1.5gb for 1k that I am using to post this very comment? Please for God's sake if Glo network is bad in your area, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE SCAMMED! Pick up your dictionary and check the meaning of the word 'scam'.

I browse, download, stream etc with this data plan without any stress.

The best part is you can boost your data by using 500 naira to add 1gb to your existing plan.

You are not scammed. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by Baadal(m): 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
timbros:
@op porchster. ..

Why do you guys always shout SCAM whenever something doesn't go well with you? Is it not the same Glo 1.5gb for 1k that I am using to post this very comment? Please for God's sake if Glo network is bad in your area, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE SCAMMED! Pick up your dictionary and check the meaning of the word 'scam'.

The best part is you can boost your data by using 500 naira to add 1gb to your existing plan.

pls how can i boost my data by recharging 500 naira?pls enlighten me
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
timbros:
@op porchster. ..

Thanks bro... Am at the centre of Benin city close to Uniben, and I believed their mask is their bro. if you are working for them pls tell them to improve on their network.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by timbros(m): 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Baadal:

pls how can i boost my data by recharging 500 naira?pls enlighten me

You will been in a data plan already.

For example if you are already in the 1.5gb for 1k, the data booster becomes important if your data is about to exhaust while your expiry date is still far.

To boost your data, dial *777#, press 1 for 'data services', 1 for 'buy data', 6 for 'boost data'.

6 Likes

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
timbros:
@op porchster. ..

Thanks bro... Am at the centre of Benin city close to Uniben, and I believed their mask is their bro. if you are working for them pls tell them to improve here
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by timbros(m): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
porchster:

Thanks bro... Am at the centre of Benin city close to Uniben, and I believed their mask is their bro. if you are working for them pls tell them to improve on their network.

I'm not a Glo staff. I don't live in Benin City so I don't know how strong the network is there.

Try using other networks if Glo is that bad.

The mistake you made is not testing the network first before investing that sum of money. I feel your pain bro. But saying Glo scammed you is so wrong.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by rhames(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
porchster:
This is to inform all Glo subscribers that the 1.5 gig data bundle introduced to android phones users is totally a scam!

I ignorantly purchased Glo sim card to enjoy the awoof offer of 1.5gig for #1000 from Glo, to my greatest surprised I discovered that; I can't download,surf on net. Even when I called customer care line for about 3 times to fix the probs, they were unable to provide any solution to it.

Moreover,Sometimes when I on the data connectivity both the 2G and 3G network won't appear for 10-20 mints, even when it appears, it will be as useless as not switching on the data connection.

At first I thought the problem was with my phone, not until I tried other network especially Etisalat, that I now discovered that Glo scammed Nigerians.

I don't know if they reduced the speed of the network? or something else. The most annoying part is that, my data will soon expire in few days time and I still have about 60% of my data still hanging(unused).

what device are u using?

Some old devices dont stream with Glo network. That i know for sure.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
rhames:

what device are u using?
Some old devices dont stream with Glo network. That i know for sure.
Itel 701 the new Tablet phone
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by fendorf(m): 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
porchster:

just change your APN to glosecure
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by fredie107(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
porchster:

How come others are browsing and downloading flawlessly. That's what I use in my office. #ItsNotaScam
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by Orator2383: 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
I used the data plan last month and it worked but be deceived it's not up to 1.5gb. They are cutting it with cutlass
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by Baadal(m): 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
timbros:

For example if you are already in the 1.5gb for 1k, the data booster becomes important if your data is about to exhaust while your expiry date is still far.

To boost your data, dial *777#, press 1 for 'data services', 1 for 'buy data', 6 for 'boost data'.
I grab....thanks a lot!
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
fredie107:

How come others are browsing and downloading flawlessly. That's what I use in my office. #ItsNotaScam

Bro I feel like crying seeing all this comments... Because my friends are all bashing me for introducing them to it.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
fredie107:

Bro I feel like crying seeing all this comments here... Because my friends are all bashing me for introducing them to it.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by bosco9: 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
holarmy10:

Olodo like you
Do you use it on PC? And does it last?
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by Emexicoman(m): 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
I have a feeling the op is an Etisalat staff, he just got his alert
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by gen2briz(m): 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
One man's food another man's poison
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by holarmy10(m): 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
bosco9:

Do you use it on PC? And does it last?

Nope, I just use it mainly on my phone but u can use it as a hot-spot for you PC.. I don't think it will last if u try it.. Judging by the way PC consume data..
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by holarmy10(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
timbros:
@op porchster. ..

Pls bro how do I boost the data with 500?
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by byteHead(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
timbros:

Bro does the boost data extend my validity period.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by bosco9: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
holarmy10:

Nope, I just use it mainly on my phone but u can use it as a hot-spot for you PC.. I don't think it will last if u try it.. Judging by the way PC consume data..
Ok.....thanks
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by dukeo(m): 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
holarmy10:

Olodo like you

Abi imagine recently getting around 1.0mb/s on glo bis which is not normal grin
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by temiyato(m): 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
For over 2weeks nw, we can only browse using edge.the 3g signal is a no no. Calling customer care is worse compared to the network service. Most times, it takes like forever to pick calls. I wish I have a better option.

1 Like

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by Tallesty1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
holarmy10:

Olodo like you
Actually you're the olodo here because configurations are done automatically these days.

@OP, the problem is your area, I am facing the same problem here, sometimes the network will disappear, sometimes it will show only 2g and the highest speed I can get on 3G is 105-120kbps but I get 5mbps - 9mbps with MTN.

The problem is not the data plan, it is the network in your area,
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
Tallesty1:
Actually you're the olodo here because configurations are done automatically these days.

@OP, the problem is your area, I am facing the same problem here, sometimes the network will disappear, sometimes it will show only 2g and the highest speed I can get on 3G is 105-120kbps but I get 5gbps - 9gbps with MTN.

The problem is not the data plan, it is the network in your area,

Thanks bro... am facing the problem here big time.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by timbros(m): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
byteHead:

Bro does the boost data extend my validity period.

No.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Smartphones With Long Battery Lives You Can Buy / Just In: Etisalat Unveils New And Juiciest Data Plans Ever / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.