Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,377 members, 7,829,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Friends With Benefits - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Friends With Benefits (550 Views)

Uhm Why White People Hate Making Friends With Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Friends With Benefits by ogochukwueleh: 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
So there’s a new trend in town. It is something we have imported from the western culture and it has come to stay in our climes. It is something called “Friends with Benefits”. Facebook gave it the “open relationship” status.
In case, you are not well informed about it, it means a guy and a lady coming together and telling themselves, “we do not feel like having a committed relationship but we want to enjoy the perks that come with having a committed relationship”. They both decide the terms of the relationship which usually includes: sex with one another when convenient for both, the lady could come around and cook for the guy if she feels like, they are both free to have sex with any other person they wish to and the other party is not permitted to feel jealous or demand an explanation, he can hit on any girl in her presence and she can flirt with any guy in his presence, no financial responsibility, there is no expectation of hanging out together, the lady can decide to hang out with him or not and vice versa.
I have asked around about people’s take on relationships like this, most ladies agree it is the best form of relationship till they are ready to settle down. Some guys said the irresponsibility and freedom accompanied with this relationship makes it the best.
So here are my questions: As a guy or a lady, would you like to get into this kind of relationship? How will you handle it if emotions get involved, especially for the ladies? That means, if you start falling for the guy you are in this kind of relationship? What do you think are the pros and cons attached with this relationship? Let’s be sincere enough. As for me, I am compiling my answers to comment below.

Please help share this post to get as much views from people as we can. It will be fun to know what majority of people think towards such relationship.

http://www.choicereach.com/2016/02/friends-with-benefits.html#more

Re: Friends With Benefits by missingrib(f): 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
hmmmm..end time post
Re: Friends With Benefits by adroitvezy(m): 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
Its the trend invoke nowadays. Bt as for me i think emotions will certainly prep in over a long period of time cuz we are all humans

(1) (Reply)

Mystery Of Memories / Unbelievable! Abuja Women Caught Poundingyam On A Man’s Chest During Festival / Yoruba With Diverse Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.