Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Writing Early Is The Key. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Early Is The Key. (473 Views)

An Early Morning Message To All Nairalanders And Nigerians In General / Your Mind The Key / Early Life Lessons (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing Early Is The Key. by RemenZack(f): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I always wondered if it was a wrong thing to begin writing as a Teenager or a Young Person, since most Prolific writers in history were known to hit the writing spotlight at a rather advanced age of 40, 50 or even 60.

That was when these simple yet helpful Steps hit me on how to improve thyself as a Young one, before becoming well known when Old age comes knocking on the door.

Step 1-
Your writing may suck. This is a fact! Your writing may suck and not everyone might like, love or adore what you do with your written works.

Step 2-
Though your writing may suck, it will get better. 'Suck' is a corrective phenomenon. Don't give up. Go on with the flow!

Step 3-
You need to write everyday. Make writing a regular 'Thingy'. But don't forget to adapt to the norms of 'Cat Vacuuming'. Cat Vacuuming is an activity you do to avoid actual writing. It actually helps to make your actual writing improve.

Step 4-
Get good grades too! Don't forget about School and all of the things that comes first before Writing and the rest.

Step 5-
Read everything and anything when it comes to other people and their written works. Don't discriminate and think yours is way better than theirs. The act of condescending is not a good look on anyone.

Step 6-
Do something else. Likewise, get a hobby, a job or something that will get your mind off writing for a while and don't forget to make experience your Best friend.

Step 7-
Try to Learn a Little About the Publishing Industry. Try to know the Pros and Cons of every Published Book and Unpublished Book. Get to know what make a Book unique after making it out of a Publishing Industry.

Step 8-
Be Ready For Rejection. It's about your work and not 'You'. Don't ever take it personal.

Step 9-
Work on Your Zen. Serenity and Patience are the keys. Even for a Teenager, don't ever forget to make these your priorities. It should help you improve for the rest of your life as a Teenage Writer.

Go for it, my fellow young ones. Don't ever stop for any reason!

1 Like

Re: Writing Early Is The Key. by wazupguy(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
nice one op...m fresh meat in the writing industry....like yo work tho...but how can you help mua improve tho...I kinda need a guide..

1 Like

Re: Writing Early Is The Key. by RemenZack(f): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
Stay tuned for more tips and posts then.
Thanks for reading and commenting.

(1) (Reply)

I Stand / Excerpt From The Novel; Kings And Not Slaves By Ola Osibodu. Coming Soon / Our Institutions; The Supposed Epitome Of Learning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.