Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Updated-New Job Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Updated-New Job Vacancies (2833631 Views)

Updated - New Job Vacancies / Updated - New Job Vacancies / Got A New Job January 3rd After So Many Months Of Searching In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by simiolu1(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
sammyobi584:

thanks boss.. can I learn it online in one of these sites,that offer free courses?

You can learn by visiting Youtube, Edx, Coursera etc but where exactly would you start from? Which language should you learn? Python or R or both? Which portion of that language should you focus on? Should you bother learning about design patterns, solid principles, data structures or algorithms? Believe me, programming languages are deep!

So if you want to go this route, you'll do yourself a lot of good if you searched for a learning guide or syllabus that would tell you what to learn and more importantly, what not to learn; the order in which they should be learnt and in some cases where you can learn them from (books, online courses, blogs etc).

I'll also advise that you look for entry-level data science job descriptions most especially of foreign companies and see the skills they require. By the time you compare 10 job descriptions, I'm sure some specific sets of skills would stand out. Then look for resources that would teach you these skills.

By the time you do this, you'll have a faint idea of the things you need to know to be a beginner data scientist.

In the end, learning any digital skill is expensive. You pay for them one way or the other. The time spent learning is a resource; you'll use a lot of data too. And sometimes, you\ll do exercises and assignments that would make you go crazy.And from experience, I can tell you that 8 out of 10 times, paid courses beat free courses. You just can't compare the production quality of a Lynda/Treehouse/Udacity course to that of Udemy/Edx. By even visiting the websites of the former and comparing them to the latter, you sef go know say khaki no be leather!

N.B: I am not a data scientist.

Bonus: visit DataCamp's Data Scientist career track and see what it looks like https://www.datacamp.com/tracks/data-scientist-with-python

5 Likes

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by sammyobi584: 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2018
simiolu1:

You can learn by visiting Youtube, Edx, Coursera etc but where exactly would you start from? Which language should you learn? Python or R or both? Which portion of that language should you focus on? Should you bother learning about design patterns, solid principles, data structures or algorithms? Believe me, programming languages are deep!

So if you want to go this route, you'll do yourself a lot of good if you searched for a learning guide or syllabus that would tell you what to learn and more importantly, what not to learn; the order in which they should be learnt and in some cases where you can learn them from (books, online courses, blogs etc).

I'll also advise that you look for entry-level data science job descriptions most especially of foreign companies and see the skills they require. By the time you compare 10 job descriptions, I'm sure some specific sets of skills would stand out. Then look for resources that would teach you these skills.

By the time you do this, you'll have a faint idea of the things you need to know to be a beginner data scientist.

In the end, learning any digital skill is expensive. You pay for them one way or the other. The time spent learning is a resource; you'll use a lot of data too. And sometimes, you\ll do exercises and assignments that would make you go crazy.And from experience, I can tell you that 8 out of 10 times, paid courses beat free courses. You just can't compare the production quality of a Lynda/Treehouse/Udacity course to that of Udemy/Edx. By even visiting the websites of the former and comparing them to the latter, you sef go know say khaki no be leather!

N.B: I am not a data scientist.

Bonus: visit DataCamp's Data Scientist career track and see what it looks like https://www.datacamp.com/tracks/data-scientist-with-python

I appreciate so much thank you

1 Like

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by bussie17: 6:21am On Mar 26, 2018
Please refer a friend for any good job, he his tired of staying @ home. He resides in Lagos, he had the following qualifications: B.Ed in Agricultural Science and M.Sc in Measurements and Evaluation. Email is as follows: triplebaba@gmail.com or bustell2017@gmail.com phone number:07066526207 please, any type of job for a start. Thanks
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Proselling: 6:54am On Mar 26, 2018
bussie17:
Please refer a friend for any good job, he his tired of staying @ home. He resides in Lagos, he had the following qualifications: B.Ed in Agricultural Science and M.Sc in Measurements and Evaluation. Email is as follows: triplebaba@gmail.com or bustell2017@gmail.com phone number:07066526207 please, any type of job for a start. Thanks

Why doesn't he look in the direction of a Sales career?

He already has all the required training as an Educational Test and Measurement professional.
While working is sales, if he doesn't draw fulfillment therefrom he can target getting a job in the Test Development Division of any of the Independent exam bodies or even the Ministries of Education/agencies at both Federal and State levels.
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Flaky357: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2018
Good afternoon. Please I am in dire need of a job. I am an experienced Customer Service Representative. I am good with telemarketing, can multitask with different customer service softwares and applications. Please if you know any firm recruiting for a CSR or a Call Centre Agent, please do well to reply me abeg or post a job as regards this. Help a sister. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Femcotez(m): 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
debbie:
If I come across any,I will post it. Cheers[center][/center][/color][color=#000099]
[left][/left][right][/right]

Pls Help post Engineering Jobs, how do I get ur post personally coz am following u and not getting it.

1 Like

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Pojomojo: 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
Operations Support Technician

Scope of Position:
Our client is an aspiring player in the renewable energy industry with a focus on energy storage systems. They are involved in the battery sales/maintenance as well as regeneration of batteries. In the long term, the company intends to commence battery recycling as part of their activities. The battery regeneration aspect of the business extends the useful life of high-end batteries used in the Solar, Inverter, telecoms, UPS and Banking industries, while helping clients reduce their energy cost.
The Operations Support Technician under general supervision of the Operations Manager will be trained to diagnose client batteries brought for regeneration, advise clients on their batteries and be directly involved in the battery regeneration activities.

Working Conditions:
100% of time is spent in the office/battery regeneration environment, utilizing computers, monitoring battery regeneration equipment, phones and general office equipment. This position might also require using/operating lifting equipment for batteries and working in enclosed environments. Safety and attention to detail is required in the operations/handling batteries.

Responsibilities:
• Provide technical advice to customers on the right batteries for their use.
• Monitor battery regeneration machines and activities
• Maintain appropriate service level agreements on requests and incidents.
• Create documentation for operational processes and procedures.
• Clearly communicate technical solutions to internal and external customers in a user-friendly and professional manner
• Provide project management support as required by the company.
• Provide technical support to the business development team as and when required
Qualifications:
• Minimum 2-5 years post NYSC work experience in a technical environment.
• HND qualification in electrical engineering
• Ideal candidate should have an interest in energy storage systems and knowledge of series and parallel connections of batteries will be required.
• Good computer skills
• Painstaking and troubleshooting skills.
• Clear and effective verbal and written communications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to customer service
• Enjoy working on cross-functional teams.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.

Cvs can be sent to energystoragerecruitment@gmail.com. application closes by April 8, 2018
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
Flaky357:
Good afternoon. Please I am in dire need of a job. I am an experienced Customer Service Representative. I am good with telemarketing, can multitask with different customer service softwares and applications. Please if you know any firm recruiting for a CSR or a Call Centre Agent, please do well to reply me abeg or post a job as regards this. Help a sister. Thank you all.
please, go to www.jobzilla.ng or www.careerhob.com. There are lots of customer service representative there. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
Please, where is Debbie. I am missing your authentic posts here cheesy wink grin wink

1 Like

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by chrisbaxtian(m): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
francesjoe:
Please, where is Debbie. I am missing your authentic posts here cheesy wink grin wink

are you trying to say other posts here aren't authentic?
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by olayinkajnr(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Felixitie:

Try to Google it, check data science. One must have the knowledge of statistics, python programming, R programming etc. The field is highly in demand. I am trying to learn it too

Though I don't really know Python but others in the field of statistics, I know very well. I studied Statistics and I'm familiar with all those softwares.
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by bussie17: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
Why doesn't he look in the direction of a Sales career?

He already has all the required training as an Educational Test and Measurement professional.
While working is sales, if he doesn't draw fulfillment therefrom he can target getting a job in the Test Development Division of any of the Independent exam bodies or even the Ministries of Education/agencies at both Federal and State levels. Please expatriate by chatting him up on WhatsApp via his number 07066526207 thanks bros
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Sleezwizz: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello everyone... Who else got this test invite from international breweries plc?

If u have done the test before, kindly share your experience, what are the likely questions they will ask in the aptitude test and so on?

Thanks as I await your replies...

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Colemanz(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2018
World Health Organization Internship Programme 2018 and Application Method How to World Health Organization Internship Programme 2018 World Health Organization Internship Programme 2018 An able and dynamic wellbeing workforce at the core of every wellbeing framework is fundamental to progress worldwide wellbeing objectives. Nations need a pool of wellbeing experts who are prepared and presented

Click below for full details and application
https://jobandschool.com.ng/world-health-organization-internship-programme-2018-and-application-method/
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by gabriel88(m): 8:06am On Mar 27, 2018
https://connect.cousant.com/developers/

Job description
We are urgently seeking a number of Hybrid (Ionic) mobile app developers.

In this exciting role, you will be working in an agile team with some of the most talented developers to build cutting edge hybrid applications.

To qualify for this role, you will have

• 2+ years of hands on experience building Hybrid mobile apps including publishing one or more apps in the app stores.

• Excellent technical knowledge on HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, AngularJs

• Strong object oriented programming and design skills.

• Good work experience developing enterprise apps using Ionic/Angular.

• You should be comfortable working with mobile app APIs and UI standards.

• Experience with Agile software methodology

• Strong knowledge in RESTful web services.

Please note that the assessment process will include Online tests at 2 stages

Ideal candidates will be able to think out of the box and be innovative.

You will have a passion to keep enhancing your skills.

Cousant Connect is an online talent marketplace that connects great ideas to brilliant and highly vetted software developers. Cousant Connect was created to help customers find good software developers from a trusted platform that can help bring their ideas to life. Our customers range from Solopreneurs to institutions like Banks.
https://connect.cousant.com/developers/
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by gabriel88(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2018
Process Artisan - BrewingNEW
https://sabmiller.mcidirecthire.com/External/Application?Ref=Sm9iSWQ9MzI3JlNvdXJjZT1MaW5rZWRJbg==

Job description
Amongst other duties, the Brewing engineer will;

Maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices according to good maintenance practice.
Assess proper functioning of working machinery and request for repair or replacement in case of need.
Assess nature of repair on working machine depending on nature of defect as quick fix, replacement or major overhaul.
Negotiate stoppage of machines with team leaders to avoid more unnecessary down time and equipment damage.
Operate the equipment according to the work instructions and adhering to safe working practices at all times.
Maintain a safe and healthy working environment

Requirements

The occupant of this position should possess:

Full Technician Certificate (FTC)
OND/Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
1-2 years as a Mechanical Artisan or Electrician
Prior experience of utilities is essential
Key competencies and attributes

Good understanding of maintenance practices
Good understanding of the principles and practices of The Manufacturing Way
Locate plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation
Operate plant and process equipment
Maintain housekeeping and safety standards
Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
Maintain, repair and optimize plant and associated devices
Attention to detail: methodical record keeper
Good communicator, with effective team-related skills

https://sabmiller.mcidirecthire.com/External/Application?Ref=Sm9iSWQ9MzI3JlNvdXJjZT1MaW5rZWRJbg==
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by gabriel88(m): 8:11am On Mar 27, 2018
Global Graduate Marketing (Nigeria)NEW
Job description
We are BAT!A global leader with more than 200 brands in over 200 markets. And we bring together the world's brightest and best minds.

That's why we value uniqueness. If you're driven, passionate and ambitious, our Global Graduate Programme will let you achieve your potential. It's 12-month, fast-track to management with unprecedented international exposure that's geared specifically for high-potential Individuals.

OurGlobal Graduate Programme will give you numerous opportunities to further develop your career by working in various units across different functions.

During your programme we will give you
a real job with real impact from day one;
world-class leadership training in Global BAT Academy in England where you will establish networking with fellow graduates and senior colleagues from around the world;
chance to make an impact on our international business participating in global cross-market projects, under the supervision of your dedicated Coach & Mentor;
ultimately, it will set you up for a successful career ahead - the chance to progress from graduate to junior manager in 12 months.
We're serious about putting you on the right career path, and consider our Global Graduate Programme as a stepping-stone to bigger and better things.

It's tough. It's fast-paced. And it'll stretch you to the limit. If you have what it takes, no other organisation can offer a graduate experience quite like ours. The only question is are you up to the challenge?

If your answer is YES, then this may be the role for you. We are seeking for high calibre graduates to join our 2018 Graduate Programme!

Essential requirements If you...
are looking for an international career in Marketing;
speak English;
have a university degree or equivalent and maximum 3 years of relevant work experience in the above mentioned fields;
possess leadership skills demonstrated through extra-curricular activities;
possess strong intercultural competencies from international experience or personal background;
have strong analytical skills, driven and ambitious, inspiring and engaging individual;
are internationally mobile.
....we are looking forward to your application!

Our Benefits Package
Competitive salary;
Annual bonus;
Voluntary medical insurance, life insurance;
Awards for excellent work result.

https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=30015&siteid=5134&jobId=205268
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Yhelay(m): 8:12am On Mar 27, 2018
A fast growing clothing firm based in Akure needs the services of a trendy male tailor.

Requirements:
SSCE holder only.
Ability to speak and understand English.
19-24 years.
Minimum one year experience after training.
Akure residents only.

please send in your resume to merciconsultancyservices5135@gmail.com or 08102379468 (WhatsApp)
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by gabriel88(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Group Business Development Executive-NEW

Job description
Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate offering investment management and financial advisory services to our clients, we are recruiting to fill the vacant position below within our company.

Job Description
A Business Development Executive cultivates opportunities for the development of the businesses across the group and plans strategies to target potential clients and customers.
Our would-be Business Development Executives are the pioneers in business development, service, and product innovations; therefore, they need to upgrade themselves regularly with relevant knowledge, skills, current industry trends and maintain good relations with potential business entrepreneurs.
They are always required to work closely with all business developers across the group and are expected to have a charming and impressive personality.
Understanding of financial and capital markets.
Ability to analyze data and seek creative solutions to problems
Understanding the current and future perspectives of the company and developing strategies for competitive growth accordingly
Engaging in active customers prospecting, profiling, acquisition, and on-boarding.
Ability to manage relationships with client counterparts and establishing a good working relationship
Researching and analyzing the economy and market situations to find out new and better business opportunities
Collaborating with clients and generating business deals that are beneficial for the businesses across the group in the short to long run
Finding out faults and loop-holes in the current business strategies and change them and help in preventing stagnancy in the business by implementing new ideas continuously
Regularly interacting with the executive management and heads of business units of across the group to discuss pertinent business issues and strategies with them
Engaging in discussions with the clients which help them in planning interesting business proposals which can be beneficial for the company and the clients
Preparing compelling business cases and presentations to engage prospective clients, employees and management.
Outstanding client relationships qualities and practices.
Organizing & coordinating Knowledge Sharing Sessions (KSS) on Products & Services amongst staff across the group.
Maintain comprehensive business development activities records & performance data of all staff across all business units for strategic purposes.
Actively networking for business development, innovation and deals origination.
Coordinate events & occasions for business developers across the Group

Job Requirement
Minimum of 2 years of prior/cognate experience in the relevant field. Experience in sales, marketing, management, etc.

Studies
A bachelor's degree is required, However, a master's degree in any field but with keen interest/specialization in the selling of financial services and products is preferable.

Minimum Requirements
A strategic thinker with quality experience in sales/business development
Sound knowledge of financial services industry
Visionary and help in making profitable future business deals.
Analytical/Quantitative/ Problem-Solving Skills
Creativity, Initiative and Commitment
Excellent Oral & Written Communications skills
Excellent Relationship Management skills
Adherence to Firm Policies/Limits
Prolific skills in deal origination, execution and Project Management
Management of Diverse Workforce & Firm’s Resources
Team Player Skills

Desired Requirements
Minimum of 2 years of prior/cognate experience in the relevant field. Experience in sales, marketing, management, etc.
An MBA degree or any other relevant professional qualifications is an added advantage.

http://meristemng.osclass.com/

There are several jobs jobs there, choose wisely.
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by goshen26: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2018
Are you a graduate of English related courses, BSc or NCE?
Do you live around Ikorodu or environs?
Do you have passion for teaching?

Then, this is for you...

A school in Ikorodu is in need of an English teacher for her secondary school....

Are you experienced in Montessori?
Do you live in ikorodu or environs?

This is for you too

A Montessori school in ikorodu is in need of Montessori teachers....

For 1 & 2 above contact
The proprietress directly on

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by engrrash: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2018
who else got an invitation from EWC Nigeria? For those who have been their, what should we expect in their interview?

1 Like

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by ifeomaeb(f): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
Please, who knows about this company

Alstonia Global services Ltd Km 18/19 Lekki epe express way Dulux paint building besides FCMB, Igbo efon bus stop.
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by BlissfulJeff(m): 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
hi
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
ifeomaeb:
Please, who knows about this company

Alstonia Global services Ltd Km 18/19 Lekki epe express way Dulux paint building besides FCMB, Igbo efon bus stop.

One of the fastest growing real estate companies in Lagos, Nigeria.

What do you applied for?
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by ifeomaeb(f): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
OK, I thank you, I applied for Customer Care Representative
INTEGRITYA1:

One of the fastest growing real estate companies in Lagos, Nigeria.

What do you applied for?
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2018
ifeomaeb:
OK, I thank you, I applied for Customer Care Representative

All the best.
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by tolexzino(m): 7:10am On Mar 28, 2018
Direct Sales Executives
Workforce group – Our client, a leading Commercial Bank, is currently recruiting suitably and qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: - Direct Sales Executive (DSE)
Company: Foremost Commercial Bank

Job Responsibilities:
- Customer acquisition through sale of the bank’s products and services
- Driving liability balances of accounts opened
- Bundling electronic products
- Cross selling of bank product and services
- Participate in market storms, community fairs and cluster marketing events e.g. NYSC, Trade Fairs
- Provide sales leads for Team Lead, Supervisors and Branch Managers
- Ensure consistent high quality service delivery

Requirements:
- OND, HND,BSc. in any field
- Must not be more than 30 years old
- Must have a flair for Direct Sales/Marketing
- Good spoken and written English
- Very smart and articulate

Applications are open to interested sales oriented individuals. All interested candidates will be contacted and scheduled for assessment and interviews. Time and venue will be advised.

Successful candidates will be entitled to a basic salary of #55, 000 monthly and good commissions on every product sold for the bank every month.

Apply Now

Direct Sales Executives
Workforce group – Our client, a leading Commercial Bank, is currently recruiting suitably and qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: - Direct Sales Executive (DSE)
Company: Foremost Commercial Bank

Job Responsibilities:
- Customer acquisition through sale of the bank’s products and services
- Driving liability balances of accounts opened
- Bundling electronic products
- Cross selling of bank product and services
- Participate in market storms, community fairs and cluster marketing events e.g. NYSC, Trade Fairs
- Provide sales leads for Team Lead, Supervisors and Branch Managers
- Ensure consistent high quality service delivery

Requirements:
- OND, HND,BSc. in any field
- Must not be more than 30 years old
- Must have a flair for Direct Sales/Marketing
- Good spoken and written English
- Very smart and articulate

Applications are open to interested sales oriented individuals. All interested candidates will be contacted and scheduled for assessment and interviews. Time and venue will be advised.

Successful candidates will be entitled to a basic salary of #55, 000 monthly and good commissions on every product sold for the bank every month.

Apply Now

https:///forms/G69vkXpW8dxpV0Xt1 (Preferred)

OR
tolulope.ajayi@workforcegroup.com Subject: Commercial Bank DSE

Follow for more current Job update
https://www.facebook.com/Job-Finders-378875982629615/ (Preferred)

OR
tolulope.ajayi@workforcegroup.com Subject: Commercial Bank DSE

Follow for more current Job update
https://www.facebook.com/Job-Finders-378875982629615/

1 Share

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by nnamdiosu(m): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2018
*Great Beginning Academy and Montessori School*
seeks to fill the following Vacancies.

Teachers for the following subjects;
*Social studies
*Civic education,
*Security Education
*Creative & Cultural Arts
*CRS
*French
*Business studies
and related Arts/Social Science subjects.

Send your detailed CV and a handwritten application letter to the school or via these emails: maduchuk9@gmail.com or greatbeginningacademy@gmail.com
Note: School is resident in asaba delta state. Only those in that demographic need apply.
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by grinfingaz(f): 8:07am On Mar 28, 2018
Flaky357:

send me a mail pls

1 Like

Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by Flaky357: 10:17am On Mar 28, 2018
grinfingaz:

send me a mail pls
Please could you send me your email address? I would appreciate it or your personal contact. Thanks. @grinfingaz
Re: Updated-New Job Vacancies by OLAEFFISSY(m): 10:20am On Mar 28, 2018
We are a medium growing courier firm in need of QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT (ACCA), Salary is between #1,200,000-#1,440,000 per annum, other benefits are attached the applicant should be between 40-50 years. Forward your CV to career@chaseexpress.net .

Deadline: 4/04/2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (890) (Reply)

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.