Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication (859 Views)

Rachel Bakam Debunks Punch Publication About Fashanu On Her Ex Husband / Annie Idibia Covers Motherhood In-style Magazine With Her Daughters. / Stephanie Okereke's Wedding Dress Makes Magazine Cover (Official photos & video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by obinna5000(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
Vibe magazine, the urban-music magazine founded in 1993 by Quincy Jones, is the latest victim of the media recession. Multiple sources both within and outside the magazine confirmed that it is shutting down.

Reached for comment, chief financial officer Angela Zucconi said, "We will be making a statement by the end of the day. That's all I can say at this point." She referred further questions to CEO Steve Aaron, who was not immediately available. Messages left for editor in chief Danyel Smith and publishers Edgar Hernandez were not immediately returned. [Update: Media Decoder has official confirmation.]

Vibe enjoyed significant success in the late '90s and early part of this decade as hip hop and R&B became the nation's predominant forms of pop music. But in recent years the title has fallen on hard times under its new owner, the Wicks Group, which bought it in 2006. In February, it reduced its circulation and publishing frequency, cut salaries and moved employees to a four-day workweek to save money.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/06/30/vibe-magazine-shutting-down/
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by Tudor6(f): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2009
Pity, i really do love their magazine.
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by SeanT21(f): 12:55am On Jul 01, 2009
I just pray that ebony and essence dont follow!!
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by Ndipe(m): 1:57am On Jul 01, 2009
SeanT21:

I just pray that ebony and essence dont follow!!

Essence magazine is no longer black-owned, but Ebony magazine, a black-owned magazine, according to articles, is struggling greatly.
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by SeanT21(f): 2:02am On Jul 01, 2009
Ndipe:

Essence magazine is no longer black-owned, but Ebony magazine, a black-owned magazine, according to articles, is struggling greatly.

Really?? Never knew that!!

I hope Ebony recover ooo.
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by ranvi: 2:13am On Jul 01, 2009
hey, do you know how i can reformat my china phone?
its lock,
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by SeanT21(f): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2009
ranvi:

hey, do you know how i can reformat my china phone?
its lock,

Visit the phone section on here and ask!!
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by ranvi: 2:20am On Jul 01, 2009
yah, but where is that located? i dont see here,
Re: Vibe Magazine Ceases Publication by SeanT21(f): 2:26am On Jul 01, 2009
ranvi:

yah, but where is that located? i dont see here,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-16.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Who Get The Website List Of Our Naija Musicians Abeg,na Only One I Get. / Michael Jackson Leaves Behind Two Unfinished Albums. / Favourite Michael Jackson Track And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.