Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) (33467 Views)

University Of Ibadan VOWS Not To Reverse Fees Despite The Protest / 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by InvertedHammer: 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
/
People are very annoying.

If they withdraw their wards from the school, the school will run out of business and close down.

Nigerians are so daft that even when they have the power, they will refuse to exercise it. The people are very comfortable in playing victims and complaining even when there are better alternatives.
\
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by timsucess(m): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kx:
Nice to know that current realities has opened our eyes that neither CBN nor FG is to blame for the fallen fortunes of our local currency but you and I.

The least this school should get is a closure and the owners prosecuted.

Fg and Cbn will always be blamed for their inability to rise up to their responsibility
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by Femiwilli: 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
brenister10:

Femiii, na your yansh your brain dey fa! Even as you get dysentery now, na Buhari cause am..... Receive sense in Jesus name
stinggy:

Buhari owns the school na cheesy cheesy
What manner of stupidity is this for heaven's sake

No wonder you voted in b00hari you can't reason.
Which other country in the world permits an education system to charge in another currency?
Dollar na Nija currency?
No dey think like dullard I beg you.

efilefun:
To show how clueless you are, can you go to the uk or us and pay a school in naira It will never be accepted and here you are blaming the president cuz of a preparatory school charging parents in dollars. You really need to examine your brain urgently before ur matter gets worse.
No other country will try it.
but it's been tried in Nigeria.
I guess they do it becos you think from ur backside.

kokoye:

Buhari owns the school...................................................?
smh
Nope but its happening under him, it will never happen in another country
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by efilefun(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Femiwilli:

Which other country in the world permits an education system to charge in another currency?
Dollar na Nija currency?

So the school was founded after may 29 2015 You mumuness is epic abegiii park well before hatred give u hypertension
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by jidowu84: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kx:
Nice to know that current realities has opened our eyes that neither CBN nor FG is to blame for the fallen fortunes of our local currency but you and I.

If you know the owner of that school, you won't talk this way.
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by Kx: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
jidowu84:

If you know the owner of that school, you won't talk this way.
Hello SIR/ma,
Is the owner above the law of the land pls?
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by bezimo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
I thought there are laws and policy in Nigeria. Whose Job is to enforce those laws.Its obvious they are sleeping hence the continuation of that act.
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by fortune1968: 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lakayanah:
The children don't even have two heads, this is the real vanity upon vanity wow in this same country where some people as heads of family still earn 50k there's is God oh.
50k ?you never see 12k or nothing ? things dey happen o
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by Dalyjay(m): 9:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
Why waste money, some parent self... Abii na robot dey teach dem ni? Even if na robot abii dem get bluetooth wey dem dey use transfer word into their ward brain.... Rubbish i rather send my pikein to de ayo international college and pay #13,000
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by placeofallure(f): 9:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guyman02:
These are the kind of people putting unnecessary pressure on the Naira and blaming PMB for not devaluing the Naira.
Genuine importers cant get dollars but some elite schools in Lagos that pays their teachers and staff in Naira demands school fees in dollars.

The foreign owners of these schools and companies quickly transfer the dollar school fees abroad and still claim in their media that Nigeria is one of the most difficult countries to do business Nonsense!

I feel like hitting my head on the wall. I dey vex like this lady here if CBN doesnt do something fast

Foreign owners? Well, Unconfirmed rumours has it that the school is owned by our dear Mrs Jagaban, a senator of the federal republic. The LPS is a stone throw from my domain.
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by Akious2k2(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kx:

2nded
placeofallure:

Foreign owners? Well, Unconfirmed rumours has it that the school is owned by our dear Mrs Jagaban, a senator of the federal republic. The LPS is a stone throw from my domain.
U don't mean it
Dalyjay:
Why waste money, some parent self... Abii na robot dey teach dem ni? Even if na robot abii dem get bluetooth wey dem dey use transfer word into their ward brain.... Rubbish i rather send my pikein to de ayo international college and pay #13,000
Waste ke! Dat money na "Shicken Shange" 4 sum of dem o
InvertedHammer:
/
People are very annoying.
If they withdraw their wards from the school, the school will run out of business and close down.
Nigerians are so daft that even when they have the power, they will refuse to exercise it. The people are very comfortable in playing victims and complaining even when there are better alternatives.
\
It looks like competition bro... It's like ego... I may b wrong sha
nairalandbuzz:
Did you skip the part that says Fees can be paid in Naira?
OKeokpa:
The paper says you can also pay in naira. Don't see anything wrong with this. Legally, there is nothing wrong with what the school has done.
So if Naira adds value, d school fees will reduce shey? Abeggy, I don't c any difference init
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by blackprowler: 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
Oyibos are good psychologists. They're having a great payday feeding on black ape's incurable inferiority complex. The ape denies it stridently all the time but his actions betray his mind. Pupils from ordinary govt schools here go abroad and beat Oyibo in their prestigious universities there. My own brother is my living proof. Born in mind-numbing poverty, just able to pass through public schools because they were free, he's now going to all their prestigious universities there on scholarships paid by them. Down with elitism. Nature doesn't discriminate in awarding talent and intelligence
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by Akious2k2(m): 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
blackprowler:
Oyibos are good psychologists. They're having a great payday feeding on black ape's incurable inferiority complex. The ape denies it stridently all the time but his actions betray his mind. Pupils from ordinary govt schools here go abroad and beat Oyibo in their prestigious universities there. My own brother is my living proof. Born in mind-numbing poverty, just able to pass through public schools because they were free, he's now going to all their prestigious universities there on scholarships paid by them. Down with elitism. Nature doesn't discriminate in awarding talent and intelligence
Dey feed on some while spend on some
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by grandstar(m): 9:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
grin
BuddhaPalm:

197?
Did you hibernate?
keneking is living under a rock. angry
BuddhaPalm:

197?
Did you hibernate?
keneking is living under a rock.
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by grandstar(m): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Femiwilli:

Dollar na Nija currency?

You are wrong.

In countries where you have very high inflation, dollar shops are known to exist. The dollar is a good hedge agsinst inflation.

Some countries have even gone as far as adopting the dollar as their legal tender. A good example is Ecuador in year 2000 or so. Even Zimbabwe did likewise
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by clovislouis(m): 1:17am On Feb 03, 2016
MissGdope:
My children will go to that school. Pay good money for quality education
is that so?
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by musicwriter(m): 2:34am On Feb 03, 2016
And these are the type of kids being trained to become future leaders?. When they are completely out of touch with everyday reality of Nigeria?. Africa dun suffer!. They'll likely also be prohibited by their parents from speaking our native languages at home. At the end of it all, 20 years you would think they're educated, when all what they've actually done is learnt western ideals a.k.a educated fools who would despise anything Nigerian/African, just like their parents paying in dollars without asking questions. And this why if you make them a finance minister they'll destroy the economy of any nation, cause they're completely out of touch with reality.

Demanding payment in dollar here in Nigeria is enough reason to close that school, cause our legal tender is Naira, not dollar.
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by favourlove1: 6:08am On Feb 03, 2016
mansuetusmiki:

Currently is $3,300 * 300 = #990,000.
And I guess its for a term or year.

That amount paid my 5 siblings sch fess with accommodation
n I am here looking for 250 k for my msc n people dey cough out that on term basis. Na wa o
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 03, 2016
clovislouis:
is that so?
yep
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by blackprowler: 9:53am On Feb 03, 2016
Akious2k2:
Lol cheesy
Akious2k2:
Lol
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by clovislouis(m): 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
MissGdope:
yep
y not come down to nigeria
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
clovislouis:
y not come down to nigeria
I will. When I'm ready and when Nigeria becomes more comfortable
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by clovislouis(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
MissGdope:

I will. When I'm ready and when Nigeria becomes more comfortable
do u skype?
Re: LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) by seangy4konji: 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
If those kids don't build aero plane with dat shook fees then their teachers should locked up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? / Can A Third Class Graduate Apply For Masters In The USA / What Is The Name Of This Creature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.