Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? (3596 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
I am an atheist, when I die, what will hapen to me and how do you know.
All contributions are welcomed.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Scholar8200(m): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
what do you expect to happen?
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by vybzkartel: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
Every atheist is suffering from insecurity

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
I'm Atheist too but a proud one. I 'd like to put it as, when I die I would be like God because I would be non-existent.

To answer you on an intellectual level.

Posthumous
When you die, rigomortis sets in and chemical breaks down in your all of your body system which would turn toxic waste, therefore giving room for maggot to feed on your rotten waste which further leads to decay.

After burial
Decay worsen till you decompose and turn humus and mix properly with the soil to enrich growing grasses and trees, and even part of your enrichment to the underground is amongst the reason we have crude oil, leaving your skeletal bones many years later to dry and fragile.

Can't wait to pass through those aforementioned processes someday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
vybzkartel:
Every atheist is suffering from insecurity
Hehehehe
Abeg do you have the answer to my question sir?
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
aaronson:
I'm Atheist too but a proud one. I 'd like to put it as, when I die I would be like God because I would be non-existent.

To answer you on an intellectual level.

Posthumous
When you die, rigomortis sets in and chemical breaks down in your all of your body system which would turn toxic waste, therefore giving room for maggot to feed on your rotten waste which further leads to decay.

After burial
Decay worsen till you decompose and turn humus and mix properly with the soil to enrich growing grasses and trees, and even part of your enrichment to the underground is amongst the reason we have crude oil, leaving your skeletal bones many years later to dry and fragile.

Can't wait to pass through those aforementioned processes someday.
Thanks for the answer. Obviously you know this based on evidences we can all attest to.
Awaiting more contributions.
It is a 2 part question. I am more interested in HOW we come about our believe of what happens after death
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
Meh............. I think we just...........become nonexistent.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:

An atheist is also a human, with flesh and blood. When you die, you turn to dust.!(sand- sand )
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
dolphinheart:

An atheist is also a human, with flesh and blood. When you die, you turn to dust.!(sand- sand )

Thanks sir.
So you are of the opinion that is all,... The end,... No life after or reincarnation
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
SirWere:
Meh............. I think we just...........become nonexistent.
No reincarnation or life after death?
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:

You will go to the afterlife, the realm of the Dead.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Makaveli14:

You will go to the afterlife, the realm of the Dead.
Do you have more information on this please? Let's make this educating. Thanks for your contribution sir
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by onetrack(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
I am an atheist, but an agnostic one. I believe that this life is all there is, but I cannot say for sure that this is true, since there is no real evidence one way or the other.

People, I think, created the idea of life after death to avoid having to deal with the idea that death is final.

Ultimately, we are made of star dust, and the molecules that make up our bodies were present in the Big Bang, so in a sense we are eternal.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
Perhaps the only way I get reincarnated is that I become........... Energy. My body will feed the worms, my bones will raise maggots and I, by playing the small role Mother Nature gave me will be host to a new generation of animals and plants
HardMirror:

No reincarnation or life after death?

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:
But you are an atheist nah, so there will be nothing, just wait till you die. But ehn?? , reeeaaaaallllly pray, there's indeed no God.
You see me? I have nothing to lose, if there's no God, and I die to find that out, nothing to lose, after all, my beliefs kept me from hurt my fellow humans and destroying myself in the process. But if I die and discover there's indeed God, I will just embrace Him and smile on. But you!!!, Pray and be verrryyyy certain dear, be verrryyyy certain. because Satan won't be standing by you to answer for the deceit, Steven Hawkins won't be there, Charles Dawin, No any father of atheists will stand side by side you. That's if there's God oo. You will stand for yourself. The saddest part is that, you will remember everything we are telling you now.
Anyways, don't worry, be happy.

3 Likes

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
One interesting view about life is that, life is just like a computer simulation, nothing is real, in the sense of reality. Every action, event etc is logged in the cosmos and can be retrieved. This brings up the possibility of reincarnation, not in the religious understanding of reincarnation, but one in which the exact data about a person's existence can be captured and re created. We humans act ually work on electrical impulses, your heart beat, nerves, brain are all electricity driven. That is why it is possible to capture the brain's activity with electrical sensors. these are in simple layman's language. Your activity as an individual as impact on the whole universe because energy always seeks to balance itself. In future it may be possible to logg a persons brain wave, clone the person and transfer that electrical wave to the clone to recreate that exact person, with the exact personality and memory.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Do you have more information on this please? Let's make this educating.
Thanks for your contribution sir

Look up near death experiences, people who experienced this speak of the afterlife.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
onetrack:
I am an atheist, but an agnostic one. I believe that this life is all there is, but I cannot say for sure that this is true, since there is no real evidence one way or the other.

People, I think, created the idea of life after death to avoid having to deal with the idea that death is final.

Ultimately, we are made of star dust, and the molecules that make up our bodies were present in the Big Bang, so in a sense we are eternal.
Wow! I love this. That is true and energy is eternal too. To some extent we reincarnate to other life forms as our bodies end up in making other life forms. Plants, animals or rocks

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
analice107:

But you are an atheist nah, so there will be nothing, just wait till you die. But ehn?? , reeeaaaaallllly pray, there's indeed no God.
You see me? I have nothing to lose, if there's no God, and I die to find that out, nothing to lose, after all, my beliefs kept me from hurt my fellow humans and destroying myself in the process. But if I die and discover there's indeed God, I will just embrace Him and smile on. But you!!!, Pray and be verrryyyy certain dear, be verrryyyy certain. because Satan won't be standing by you to answer for the deceit, Steven Hawkins won't be there, Charles Dawin, No any father of atheists will stand side by side you. That's if there's God oo. You will stand for yourself. The saddest part is that, you will remember everything we are telling you now.
smiley
Thanks man
Good to play safe. Good idea. But not for me anyway. Atheism as nothing to do with satan, Dawkins or Darwin. It just happens as a realization that all you think you know about god could be human fabrication and further research confirming your suspicion.
I call my self an atheist because there is no revealed god to man. BUT I am 100% sure there is god, but what we call god is the contention.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
SirWere:
Perhaps the only way I get reincarnated is that I become........... Energy. My body will feed the worms, my bones will raise maggots and I, by playing the small role Mother Nature gave me will be host to a new generation of animals and plants
Beautiful
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by onetrack(m): 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
analice107:

What if this god only allows atheists into heaven, and punishes people who followed man-made books and belief systems. God works in mysterious ways, as they say....

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Makaveli14:

Look up near death experiences, people who experienced this speak of the afterlife.
What if that's the way the brain works when deeply deprived of oxygen?
It could be you know?
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:

smiley
Thanks man
Good to play safe. Good idea. But not for me anyway. Atheism as nothing to do with satan, Dawkins or Darwin. It just happens as a realization that all you think you know about god could be human fabrication and further research confirming your suspicion.
I call my self an atheist because there is no revealed god to man. BUT I am 100% sure there is god, but what we call god is the contention.
According to you, "All we think we know about God COULD be human fabrications"
It is the COULD am standing on to say, be veery certain that it's human fabrication, because, if it's not. HahahahahahahahaHHHa.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
onetrack:

What if this god only allows atheists into heaven, and punishes people who followed man-made books and belief systems. God works in mysterious ways, as they say....
Well, that will not be Yahweh, maybe another God(?)
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by onetrack(m): 8:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
analice107:

Well, that will not be Yahweh, maybe another God(?)

Imagine that you aren't praying to the correct god, and so every prayer just makes him madder and madder. Gods are jealous, you know.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 8:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:

What if that's the way the brain works when deeply deprived of oxygen?
It could be you know?
Really? You mean if the Brian is deprived of oxygen it can have the NDE? Let me not talk about my experience, let me talk about a video of an NDE experience I watched.
A middle age woman who was born blind, she had never seen any object all her life, was under going surgery when she died. As she left her body, she saw with her eyes for the first time. She saw herself laying on the bed, saw everything in the theatre, she floated out of the theatre saw her family, in the midst of so many other people in the waiting room, she recognised her family Members. When she eventually woke up, she woke up blind, but she described everyone in the theatre, the described her family members the colour of their hair and eyes. What colour of clothes they were wearing. She describe the hospital. But she was blind. An oxygen staved brain did that quo? Till tomorrow, medical doctors, scientist are still baffled by this phenomenon.

3 Likes

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by CoolUsername: 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:
One interesting view about life is that, life is just like a computer simulation, nothing is real, in the sense of reality. Every action, event etc is logged in the cosmos and can be retrieved. This brings up the possibility of reincarnation, not in the religious understanding of reincarnation, but one in which the exact data about a person's existence can be captured and re created. We humans act ually work on electrical impulses, your heart beat, nerves, brain are all electricity driven. That is why it is possible to capture the brain's activity with electrical sensors. these are in simple layman's language. Your activity as an individual as impact on the whole universe because energy always seeks to balance itself. In future it may be possible to logg a persons brain wave, clone the person and transfer that electrical wave to the clone to recreate that exact person, with the exact personality and memory.

If we were one the other end of a screen, we'll have no way of knowing, would we?

Your theory just made me remember another one, we could just be sims in an extremely powerful supercomputer that have become self-aware.

But there's no way to prove anything so we just science on.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by CoolUsername: 10:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Beautiful

My descendants are going to drink my piss. In fact, we're all drinking dinosaur piss.

EDIT: Grammar
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
dolphinheart:

We are made up of Carbon. Sand, dust, is made up of silicon.undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
analice107:

And which of the aforementioned God(s)

I have a muslim with great moral construct, a traditional worshipper who is respected by both Christian and Muslims alike for his goodwill, and a Christian who is very generous.

Now tell me, why would either burn because of their differing religious beliefs?

And if you say they will go to heaven because they still believe in SOMETHING, then well, I give up.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
You're an atheist, so when you die, you go to hell, where there will be weeping, and gnashing of teeth.

(I don't believe in atheists BTW. God doesn't believe in them too.)

2 Likes

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
onetrack:

?

What for Pete's sake is the last paragraph?

BTW, death isn't final, you, the real you, are not your body. You're only living in your body. You see, through your eyes, and use your physical body to perceive things and interact with matters in the physical world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? / The Fern And The Bamboo / Contradictions In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.