Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Oracle Or Java - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oracle Or Java (4374 Views)

Vacancy For A PL/SQL Or JAVA Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle Or Java by adapcee(m): 7:03am On Jul 01, 2009
Hi guys,i need your advice please.I am a graduate computer science,I have done N+ and also,I am a cisco certified network associate(CCNA) but there seems to be no job coming at all.Now I am thinking of doing something different from networking path but i am not so sure may be I am taking the right decision because,I will like to do something that will enhance my skills in IT and also,create more chances of getting a job.
I want you guys to enlighten me on which of these two courses i can take.(Oracle or Java).thanks so much
Re: Oracle Or Java by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2009
Oracle is even worse in terms of job availability in Nigeria.
Re: Oracle Or Java by adapcee(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2009
Thanks ije004,can you please xplain better why oracle is not good 4me as a job applicant.
@all,please i need your advice,please share your knowledge wit me
Re: Oracle Or Java by koolboi(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2009
continue searching and search well
God will grant you favor
Re: Oracle Or Java by adapcee(m): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2009
@kulboi,thanks for prayer
Re: Oracle Or Java by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2009
Too few available jobs for an Oracle Database Administrator in Nigeria compared to the number of professionals in this field that turn out yearly.
Re: Oracle Or Java by ayoveron4u: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2009
hi
Re: Oracle Or Java by toytuns(f): 2:59am On Jul 13, 2009
If you live in US, oracle will be the best I'll advice.
Re: Oracle Or Java by decworld1: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
to me both are the same thing.just try your best
Re: Oracle Or Java by barrykayus(m): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
personally, i wud go for oracle, if you can do oracle you have an advantage cos it has been upgraded from 10g to 11g, which very few people are certified in, moreover as big organization are now using linux ( which most people cannot find their way round) i wud advise you do oracle 11g on linux and i can promise you you wud have offers pouring in, most people only do the OCA ( oracle certified associate) and stop, meanwhile you must become a professional in it by wring the OCP before you can boast of being ok but on the other hand, java which is basically abt programming aint easy but can be attained
but its ur interest that matters, if u av have interest, u can always cope.
take care and best of luck in your decision.
I work with NIIT
Re: Oracle Or Java by Afam4eva(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ adapcee

How many companies in nigeria use oracle. There are no oracle jobs jare.
Re: Oracle Or Java by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
I am not sure what is best in Nigeria, but if you can do both, it will be great.
Cos you can always use both.
Re: Oracle Or Java by meekas(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
If u can do both, the better for you. but i think u are ok with the ones u av already. Just keep praying and very soon e go happen
Re: Oracle Or Java by adapcee(m): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
@decworld,did i hear you say both oracle/java ar d same?Can you plz convince more,for me java is software engineering while oracle is dbms.
@meekas,thanks for d adivce,but i think we have many coy like banks that run their database on oracle platform
Re: Oracle Or Java by ngel0v3(m): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2009
My dear, to be honest with you, it isn't actually a matter of which "programme" or "cert" to acquire. You need to define a career path for yourself on time. Define your path by judging where your interest actually lies. Is your passion inclined best towards handling databases, or being creative with programming software applications, or even getting muddy and dirty with computer hardware? Web design/development nko? Who even told you there networking isn't cool, labour-market wise?!

Define your interest first, then start working on building your career path. These days, companies look at more than just a N+ and/ or a CCNA if you are into Networking. You have to be diversified in your area of specialty. And inorder not to be worried over the cost and time you will into acquiring really competitive certifications in your chosen area of specialty, you have to enjoy what you are doing. In IT, once you learn to have fun at what you do in whatever area you choose, your creativity and imagination will make companies chase you up and down. When you have fun at your job, people will seize to justify your value and skills by your certifications and qualifications. Presently, I haven't completed my degree (in Theatre Arts for Christ's sake!) but my skills in programming (ASSEMBLY, PHP and Python basically) and ethical soiling skills open doors for me. I'm even less than 21!

Get it?

Discover the first love that attracted you to the world of IT, and just have fun doing it. If the money comes first in your mind, you will lose out. It's like: Seek ye first the kingdom of personal/intellectual satisfaction, and every other thing will come running after you!!!

Chou!!!

1 Like

Re: Oracle Or Java by desthan(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ije004:

Oracle is even worse in terms of job availability in Nigeria.

says who??

afam4eva:

@ adapcee

How many companies in nigeria use oracle. There are no oracle jobs jare.

my brother so many, banks, oil companies etc. Oracle, SqL, MySqL applications are sophisticated business web tolls used to run a whole company online ranging from, Keeping track of inventory, Project Management, Product Development, budgeting, financing, recruitment, human resources etc, depending on what your company is into. The world is now a global village, where businesses are ran online hence this applications are added advantages.
Re: Oracle Or Java by toytuns(f): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
decworld.:

to me both are the same thing.just try your best

Oracle and Java are not the same. They are two of different kind. Just try and develop yourself in any one your mind choose.
Specialization is what matters.
Re: Oracle Or Java by lekside44(m): 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
@poster
do you have any knowledge of active x? got some small job for you.
@ all
anybody knowlegdable in active x?
Re: Oracle Or Java by Ezenwenyi(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ngel0v3 (m)
Hackers' Planet

!
« #14 on: Today at 05:05:09 PM »

My dear, to be honest with you, it isn't actually a matter of which "programme" or "cert" to acquire. You need to define a career path for yourself on time. Define your path by judging where your interest actually lies. Is your passion inclined best towards handling databases, or being creative with programming software applications, or even getting muddy and dirty with computer hardware? Web design/development nko? Who even told you there networking isn't cool, labour-market wise?!

Define your interest first, then start working on building your career path. These days, companies look at more than just a N+ and/ or a CCNA if you are into Networking. You have to be diversified in your area of specialty. And inorder not to be worried over the cost and time you will into acquiring really competitive certifications in your chosen area of specialty, you have to enjoy what you are doing. In IT, once you learn to have fun at what you do in whatever area you choose, your creativity and imagination will make companies chase you up and down. When you have fun at your job, people will seize to justify your value and skills by your certifications and qualifications. Presently, I haven't completed my degree (in Theatre Arts for Christ's sake!) but my skills in programming (ASSEMBLY, PHP and Python basically) and ethical soiling skills open doors for me. I'm even less than 21!

Get it?

Discover the first love that attracted you to the world of IT, and just have fun doing it. If the money comes first in your mind, you will lose out. It's like: Seek ye first the kingdom of personal/intellectual satisfaction, and every other thing will come running after you!!!

Chou!!!
Report to moderator Logged

i totally agree with him.It all depends,they are jobs for all I.T courses.Just last week i saw a job advert request for CCNP and OCP.Then last month i know i saw so many adverts on java,so my dear it all depends on what a particular company needs at a particular time.But i must advice u go for oracle.
Re: Oracle Or Java by FEMARY(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
ply guys how do i post a topic on the from page like trhis one .pls someone help
Re: Oracle Or Java by ngel0v3(m): 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
FEMARY:

ply guys how do i post a topic on the from page like trhis one .pls someone help

On the "reply" page, scroll down and you'll see the most recent posts of other users. Simply click on the small tab that says, "insert quote". By the way, it's called a quote, not "from, ", ok?

Chou, smiley
Re: Oracle Or Java by bandely(m): 2:11am On Jul 15, 2009
@ @ngeln0v3

Can I have your number of YIM?
Re: Oracle Or Java by adapcee(m): 3:17am On Jul 15, 2009
barrykayus:

personally, i wud go for oracle, if you can do oracle you have an advantage cos it has been upgraded from 10g to 11g, which very few people are certified in, moreover as big organization are now using linux ( which most people cannot find their way round) i wud advise you do oracle 11g on linux and i can promise you you wud have offers pouring in, most people only do the OCA ( oracle certified associate) and stop, meanwhile you must become a professional in it by wring the OCP before you can boast of being ok but on the other hand, java which is basically abt programming aint easy but can be attained
but its ur interest that matters, if u av have interest, u can always cope.
take care and best of luck in your decision.
I work with NIIT

Thanks for the advice,since you work with NIIT,can you please xplain better is there much difference between 10g and 11g?can somebody with 10g certification works on 11g platform?And lastly,ao available is 11g now in Nigerian coy
Re: Oracle Or Java by na2day2(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2009
adapcee:

Hi guys,i need your advice please.I am a graduate computer science,I have done N+ and also,I am a cisco certified network associate(CCNA) but there seems to be no job coming at all.Now I am thinking of doing something different from networking path but i am not so sure may be I am taking the right decision because,I will like to do something that will enhance my skills in IT and also,create more chances of getting a job.
I want you guys to enlighten me on which of these two courses i can take.(Oracle or Java).thanks so much

why do u guys keep asking this kind of question? oracle and java are 2 different paths leading to different destination, what is it on ur mind to do, ur passion? next time ask better comparison questions like MS SQL, MYSQL and Oracle, which should i get a cert in? that will make more sense than what u threw up there
Re: Oracle Or Java by ngel0v3(m): 9:18am On Jul 15, 2009
bandely:

@ @ngeln0v3

Can I have your number of YIM?

Hope all is well o. Ok, here you go: mail_smartkid

I am online most hours of the day. It's my first home! wink
Re: Oracle Or Java by eabumere: 9:48am On Jul 15, 2009
@ngel0v3:

On the "reply" page, scroll down and you'll see the most recent posts of other users. Simply click on the small tab that says, "insert quote". By the way, it's called a quote, not "from, ", ok?

Chou, smiley

grin
Re: Oracle Or Java by Nezan(m): 10:53am On Jul 15, 2009
Re: Oracle Or Java by barrykayus(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2009
Apapcee
Yea, a person with 10g certification can work on 11g platform, its a matter of upgrading to 11g, 11g is just starting in Nigeria and just few IT Trainning institute can take it.
Define ur career path first and see if you are comfortable with databases. if you can send ur email, i would try to forward some relevant material to u on 11g
God Bless YOU
Re: Oracle Or Java by Harryeze(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2009
Hello Fellow forumites,
Thx for keeping the candles continually on. I have been ON and OFF the forum.
I have deep interest in Oracle, but my problem is that of my location.
Could any person help me in a way of tutorials. The place i am, i can not attend regular classes. I have some books which i am currently using but i need tutors. so if any person have any or know how i can buy one, pls let me know.
my mail is ugohard@yahoo.com.

Thx

Harrison
Re: Oracle Or Java by bandely(m): 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ngel0v3:

Hope all is well o. Ok, here you go: mail_smartkid

I am online most hours of the day. It's my first home! wink
Thanks, it seems you are not online now.
Re: Oracle Or Java by adapcee(m): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2009
barrykayus:

Apapcee
Yea, a person with 10g certification can work on 11g platform, its a matter of upgrading to 11g, 11g is just starting in Nigeria and just few IT Trainning institute can take it.
Define ur career path first and see if you are comfortable with databases. if you can send ur email, i would try to forward some relevant material to u on 11g
God Bless YOU

thanks so much barrykayus,i will appreciate it if you can do that for me.my mail-adapcee@yahoo.com.
will expect your mail

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Friends I Got This Message From UConnect How true is it. Thanks / Job For Data Analyst (entry Level) At Rovedana Limited / Ernst & Young (EY) Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2019 [Min. HND/Bsc]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.