Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Story Of A Woman Stabbed To Death And Lessons Not Being Learned In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Story Of A Woman Stabbed To Death And Lessons Not Being Learned In Nigeria (658 Views)

Jilted Woman Stabbed Neighbour Who Taunted Her Over Broken Marriage (pic) / Pregnant Woman Stabbed To Death In Okene, Kogi State By A Drug Addict / Pregnant Woman Stabbed To Death In Benin By Neighbour Over N1000 Loan-Pic, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Of A Woman Stabbed To Death And Lessons Not Being Learned In Nigeria by Environer: 8:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
I read the sad and extremely disturbing story of a woman who went to collect her debt only to end up being stabbed (by her debtor), and eventually dying in the process. See link https://www.nairaland.com/2908230/pregnant-woman-stabbed-death-benin

I reproduce the story below. Please pay attention to the highlighted portion, especially in bold. In the midst of all the deserving sympathetic tone taken by everyone about this story, the import of that portion of the story seems to be lost to everyone. Why did the hospital ask a bleeding woman to be sent away? Is it because they lack the medical expertise to handle internal bleeding? Is it because they lack the equipment and facilities to handle internal bleeding? Is it because they needed police report to attend to a case of internal (as opposed to external) bleeding? Is it because the money needed to treat her was not provided and the hospital would not attend to her until money is deposited? In other places how this event was handled would have provoked a serious national debate in both high and low places. Unfortunately, that seems not to matter in Nigeria.

All hell broke loose in Benin city Edo state over the weekend after a neigbhour attacked a 6month-old pregnant woman who went to demand for the money she loaned her.The victim identified as Mrs Ikhuoria was stabbed to death on Saturday by one Mama Emmanuel who refused to pay back the N1000 she borrowed.

Watch a video report of the horrific story by ITV
below

Hear what the landlady of the house where the attack happened said

“I was working at the back of the house when I heard noise. I rushed the victim to a private hospital when I saw the way she was bleeding. Doctor said it was an internal bleeding and I should take her away so I called the husband to come.”

The victim’s husband Ediale Ikhuoria, said,

“My wife borrowed the attacker N1,000 and when she demanded for the money, Mama Emmanuel stabbed her. She killed my wife. My wife was six months pregnant. She died on Monday morning.”

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Who Was Allegedly Dead Has Attended Her Own Funeral / 'how My 13-year-old Niece Was Defiled By 32-year-old Welder’ / A Student Was Mercilessly Assaulted, Battered And Beaten By Soldiers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.