Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself (1460 Views)

Police Sack 8 Officers, Discipline 108 In Lagos / 6 Key Ratios That You Must Look For Before Buying A Stock. / How To Maintain Discipline At Work Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 03, 2016
At the centre of any success in life, is discipline. Little wonder, Haile Gebrselassie was quoted as saying, “Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there.” Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

To achieve a set of goals or do something meaningful in life, there are certain areas or aspects of your life that you need the input called discipline.

In this piece , I will give 6 core areas or things whichWhatever you need to discipline yourself.
Oya, let's go there:

1. SPEECH

It's no news any longer that you're your words. What comes out of you, is a reflection of who you're and what you stand for.

What you say has the potential to build or damage you and others. A running mouth can tear relationships apart, ignite hatred and all manner of hurtful things.

On the other side, a speech seasoned with love, encouragement and care, has the capability to catapult somebody into unimaginable levels of happiness and excellence.

If you're able to discipline yourself in this area, watch what you say, then you've almost won the battle of your life.

Does your speech tear apart or build up?

2. TIME

Your time is your life; and the way you manage it determines how you spend your life. Peter Drucker once said that a man who cannot manage his time, cannot manage his life.

As a sure way of getting your life on track, you must learn to use your time appropriately. Map out time for your daily tasks and as much as possible, adhere to them.

The value attached to time, was what led to the aphorism "time is money", and a Nigerian musician equally sang, "Time Na Money".

Effectively disciplining yourself in the area means doing the right thing at the right time, doing those things that are important first and leaving out those less important things for a later time.

You must consciously plan how you spend your time so as to avoid regrets as time wasted can never be regained!

Time: Wasted or Invested?

3. MONEY

Closely matched with time discipline is money discipline. Someone said that money is only but a tool that answers to the call of a master, which is you.

This is a core aspect of your life that you must manage dutifully if sadness and debt is not your destination.

As a rule of thumb, you must be able to account for what comes in, what goes out, where and how it goes. Yes! A planned budget on a monthly or weekly basis will do you no harm and you should watch what you buy,don't be an impulsive buyer.

Always try to get the things that you need, employ your economic scale of preference and never forget to have an investment; savings to fall back to in the raining day.

Also, never allow your wealth blind your sense of reasoning, instead use it as a means to better your lot and that of people around you.

Money, an instrument: how do you use it?

4. APPETITE

Food! I know you must be thinking the same! Yes, the same. But funny enough, food is just one of the many appetites you must control. It is no bad to desire some things but it becomes totally uncalled for when such quest come at "all cost".

You should never sell your birth right like Esau, just because of food. I should say that you must not be carried away with the aroma of a dish when you know that eating it at that time will cause more troubles.

Don't be like those who will be shaking like jelly fish, with saliva dropping off their mouth whenever they see food. No, don't go to the extent of saying, " I fit kill person", when you're hungry.

Aside food, your appetite for things as electronic gadgets, the opposite sex, money and drinks, to name a few, must be within reasonable armpits.

Your appetite: moderate or overboard?

5. THOUGHTS

This doesn't need much intro. You know it, I sure do; that your mind is capable of replicating every thought that crosses it.

Everything is a product of thought. Your life is certainly not left out of the equation. In the bible, it was aptly captured that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. Hmm. Your thoughts turn to a actions, then habits, to behavior and that makes up your character.

It's not all thoughts that flashes through your mind that you process. No! You must have a way of filtering every idea that drops on you. Pick out the positive ones and throw the rest to the trash can. Some ideas can only lead to trash and since you're not LAWMA, leave trash.

Thoughts: Do you filter them?

6. RELATIONSHIPS

Show me your friend and I will tell who you're, is an adage you and I are not new to.

I can have a glimpse of where you're headed to in life by merely looking at the company you keep.

As much as you need to be friendly, it's not every one that you should keep a close company with. You and I know that there are levels of friendship, not every of your friends are at same level of intimacy with you.

Your, relationships must be of value to you, else they are not what it. Look for people that bring out the best in you, not those who sap your juice of joy and productivity.

Your Relationships: Additions or Subtractions?

Over to you, what other areas should one discipline him/herself?

6 KEY AREAS TO DISCIPLINE YOURSELF – VesselofInspiration - http://vesselofinspiration.com/7-key-areas-to-discipline-yourself/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by okenwa(m): 6:43am On Feb 03, 2016
Good message worth reading
Re: 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 03, 2016
okenwa:
Good message worth reading

I'm glad you stopped over, Okenwa!
Re: 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by mastertunji(m): 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nice hints. More blessing
Re: 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
mastertunji:
Nice hints. More blessing
Thanks, oga!
Re: 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by daphid25(m): 12:45am On Feb 04, 2016
You really wanna know what discipline means? Ask a soldier.
Re: 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 04, 2016
daphid25:
You really wanna know what discipline means? Ask a soldier.

Yes, they are a reflection of discipline for sure!
Re: 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself by firstking01(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
CooL...but this our dwindling economy and daily devaluation of naira go gree..
Well na bubu wey dey traveL traveL anyhow because he don see free aeroplane undecided

(1) (Reply)

Earn More Than N4500 Everyday Either As A Worker, Student Or Unemployed. / Sure Way To Financial Stability: How To Make Money Within 28 Days. Fundgram Comm / Photos Of A Beautiful Nigerian Female Police Officer Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.