Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics (6636 Views)

Dasuki Declined Offer To Attend Father's Burial- Nigerian Government / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Economic Growth Falls To 2.35% - National Bureau Of Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by cizy: 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
feelamong:
when they say Investment Inflows.....

do they separate them into categories?

when portfolio managers who only come to make money of out our stock market and bond market bring money and take out at the slightest profit..is that part of the Investment inflows?

So if am a foreign investor, coming into your country to make profit, I'll rather leave my sole aim of coming into your country, which is profit and start chasing love?

They make their money and provide jobs in possible ways they can. They are not charity organizations built to go down with a clueless, directionless and visionless government.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Nicur: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
I know that Zombies will be like National bureau of statistics is an arm of PDP!! grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by AreaFada2: 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofchess:
why won't it scare investors away...wen he is using Hausa perfume.

grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by anonimi: 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2016

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by AreaFada2: 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
cizy:

So if am a foreign investor, coming into your country to make profit, I'll rather leave my sole aim of coming into your country, which is profit and start chasing love?

They make their money and provide jobs in possible ways they can. They are not charity organizations built to go down with a clueless, directionless and visionless government.

He forgets that if the economy is stable and growing, investors not only leave their money to work for longer, they invest new money. Keeps companies growing, employ more people, more companies float on NSE to raise money & expand/diversify. All this creates an economic boom, more employment and a stronger currency. With a stronger/stable currency, inflation is minimised.

We have too many economic illiterates in this country.

So Cizy, let him go look for Father Xmas in Lapland to come invest in 9ja. grin cheesy

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Abagworo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nicur:
I know that Zombies will be like National bureau of statistics is an arm of PDP!! grin

Oil is low and naturally investments must reduce.
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by anonimi: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
chubhiee:
Gbawe can you see where your epistle has landed us?

..................in deep shit, if you ask any Nigerian who is NOT a certified zombie. grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3120726_buharishitnaija_jpeg93175423813eca44bafa47064d4d257d

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Dbboy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
feelamong:
when they say Investment Inflows.....

do they separate them into categories?

when portfolio managers who only come to make money of out our stock market and bond market bring money and take out at the slightest profit..is that part of the Investment inflows?

you are indeed a joke, let take for example a white man brings a billion dollar to buy dangote stock he approaches some financial institution and acquires this stock, this inflow would firstly benefit dangote because he could use the increased valuation of his stock to seek for loan to build like let me say a refinery or a cement factory that benefit Nigeria and grows our economy and provide job

secondly the financial institution that just got a Billion dollar could invest like let me say some percentage of there profit in industries or even deposit it to a fixed account in banks that then turn around to lend it to us,so you see the amount of ripple effect that just a billion dollar could do both to dangote, the financial investor and ultimately to you and the populace at large. so next time dont speak out of ignorance study.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by DeltaOil: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Buhari is a tragedy that hit Nigeria.

APC know it, so they are trying to silence everybody.

Olisa Metuh don chill.

Bloggers are threatened.

But nobody can hide the fact Buhari is a tragedy

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by cizy: 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
AreaFada2:

He forgets that if the economy is stable and growing, investors not only leave their money to work for longer, they invest new money. Keeps companies growing, employ more people, more companies float on NSE to raise money & expand/diversify. All this creates an economic boom, more employment and a stronger currency. With a stronger/stable currency, inflation is minimised.

We have too many economic illiterates in this country.

So Cizy, let him go look for Father Xmas in Lapland to come invest in 9ja. grin cheesy

I swear, some people need brains. To think of the fact that one undereducated being agreed with him on the front page, while calling others illiterates, makes me wonder how low our citizens can go just to defend their fellow illiterates.

I'm no economist, but simple logic has to be applied in everyday life but alas, these zombies are bereft of critical reasoning and understanding of practical issues we face on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Luckylife(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But, it's quite unfortunate that d zombies won't agree wit u..
that why they are called zombie. If u check the characteristics of zombie u wil agree with me that perfect for them. They call us wailers yes we wail when things are undemocratic and unwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Luckylife(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofchess:
is that the body odour the zombies are talking about. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by kingofchess(m): 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Luckylife:
hahaha....yes na

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by kingofchess(m): 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Luckylife:
hahaha....yes na....buhari na joke oooo...b4 u send EFCC after me.
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by ifyan(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by NavierStokes(m): 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofchess:

"Sosorobia" you mean grin

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by kingofchess(m): 2:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
NavierStokes:

"Sosorobia" you mean grin
is that d name

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by NavierStokes(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofchess:
is that d name

I think that's what its called grin grin grin, not sure though

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Koolmexxi(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
omenkanwao:

wailing wailers won't understand that.. some of them are chronic illiterates in economics..only typing and posting cos they own cheap phones

It's becoming embarrassing how even with evidences of a backtracking economy, U people seem to always come up with an excuse. It's even beginning to sound like u people are now d wailers. Now because d report was specific d investors were the problem. If dis report had indicated a cash inflow decline of even $1 during d GEJ regime, una body odour for don full dis thread. Wen others express their opinion, ur likes term dem "wailers" forgetting we all should enjoy the freedom of either seeing a half-filled cup or half-empty cup.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Johnsmartinyang(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofchess:
Hmmmm kingofchess ....that's a sucker pubcline.....Hausa perfume indeed.....bulleyeshot

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by feelamong(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dbboy:

you are indeed a joke, let take for example a white man brings a billion dollar to buy dangote stock he approaches some financial institution and acquires this stock, this inflow would firstly benefit dangote because he could use the increased valuation of his stock to seek for loan to build like let me say a refinery or a cement factory that benefit Nigeria and grows our economy and provide job

secondly the financial institution that just got a Billion dollar could invest like let me say some percentage of there profit in industries or even deposit it to a fixed account in banks that then turn around to lend it to us some you see the amount of ripple effect that just a billion dollar could do both to dangote, the financial investor and ultimately to you and the populace at large. so next time dont speak out of ignorance study.

Bros your knowledge of the workings of the economy and stock market is very poor!

if you buy stocks in the secondary market; you add nothing to the growth of that company; its all about a play of demand and supply albeit the good and bad news that come of the company. The company only sees money in the Initial Public Offering (IPO)

The bonds the foreign investors trade on is the FGN bonds...the banks only aid as intermediary and take just a small fee....

what we need in Nigeria now is long term sustainable Foreign Inflows, the type we have recently seen brought in by General Electric who recently brought in $200M for expansion.....not the fly by night so called foreign portfolio managers who end up spoiling economies that depend on their inflow. Go and ask Brazil how these FPM spoilt the country...

If you have time goggle up the book Investment Bikers by Jim Rogers!
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Luckylife:
that why they are called zombie. If u check the characteristics of zombie u wil agree with me that perfect for them. They call us wailers yes we wail when things are undemocratic and unwise.
I don't blame dem at all, I blame Aisha's rice..

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by impossible27(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Emekamex:
Body odour toh bad
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin guy u 2 much ooo. u wan kill me with laugh
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Nicur: 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Abagworo:

Oil is low and naturally investments must reduce.
for your mind na only oil one can invest lol my friend na good environment created by good government policies and security that encourages investment!

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by millhouse: 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Buhari again?
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Dbboy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
feelamong:

Bros your knowledge of the workings of the economy and stock market is very poor!

if you buy stocks in the secondary market; you add nothing to the growth of that company; its all about a play of demand and supply albeit the good and bad news that come of the company. The company only sees money in the Initial Public Offering (IPO)

The bonds the foreign investors trade on is the FGN bonds...the banks only aid as intermediary and take just a small fee....

what we need in Nigeria now is long term sustainable Foreign Inflows, the type we have recently seen brought in by General Electric who recently brought in $200M for expansion.....not the fly by night so called foreign portfolio managers who end up spoiling economies that depend on their inflow. Go and ask Brazil how these FPM spoilt the country...

If you have time goggle up the book Investment Bikers by Jim Rogers!

Sorry dignifying you with a response would be a waste of my time but for the sake of others I would, when you see mark founder of Facebook worth 42 billion what come to your mind that he has 42 billion in his bank if that were to be your answer then you are wrong the 42 billion is as the result of his present worth considering the amount of shares he has he in Facebook multiply by the current price, so if you say regardless of what happen in the secondary market that it has no effect on the company then your knowledge of the economy would be said to be rather poor, you can raise money through an IPO or by either going to the bank who value you base on your stock value or if you have actually done an IPO you could still come back with another public offering and right issue to also realise money.

You said the impact on the secondary market has no effect on the stock let say that price of crude oil is on the rise and at the end of trading section after one month that oando rose from 20 to 50 naira and let's assume oando want to make a public offer at 45 naira can you authoritatively say the rise in share price from 20 to 50 has not helped oando to access more money as compared to if they were at 20 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Smooyis(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
So also corruption outflow also decline appreciably.
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by feelamong(m): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dbboy:

Sorry dignifying you with a response would be a waste of my time but for the sake of others I would, when you see mark founder of Facebook worth 42 billion what come to your mind that he has 42 billion in his bank if that were to be your answer then you are wrong the 42 billion is as the result of his present worth considering the amount of shares he has he in Facebook multiply by the current price, so if you say regardless of what happen in the secondary market that it has no effect on the company then your knowledge of the economy would be said to be rather poor, you can raise money through an IPO or by either going to the bank who value you base on your stock value or if you have actually done an IPO you could still come back with another public offering and right issue to also realise money.

You said the impact on the secondary market has no effect on the stock let say that price of crude oil is on the rise and at the end of trading section after one month that oando rose from 20 to 50 naira and let's assume oando want to make a public offer at 45 naira can you authoritatively say the rise in share price from 20 to 50 has not helped oando to access more money as compared to if they were at 20 naira.

Once again you show ur poor grasp of economics!
So this was how you were conned into buying OANDO shares at 120? You be pure otondo!!

Now tell me how do you value a company?? By share price?? Go and read how companies are valued then we can talk more!

Tell me even in the mist of a bearish market if a good company with good cash flow comes to the market... will you value the company with any share price
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Dbboy(m): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=feelamong post=42594482]

Once again you show ur poor grasp of economics!
So this was how you were conned into buying OANDO shares at 120? You be pure otondo!!

Now tell me how do you value a company?? By share price?? Go and read how companies are valued then we can talk more!

Tell me even in the mist of a bearish market if a good company with good cash flow comes to the market... will you value the company with any share price[/

And your grasp of economics didn't let you know how money could be raised from the market otondo did you ever invest when Nigerian banks could give you loan on account of your stock portfolio look at this ignorant fellow am wasting my time on

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by feelamong(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=Dbboy post=42596255][/quote]

so you now call speculation investments?? no wonder you are this shallow!

now tell me what killed banks like Bank PHb, Spring Bank and almost even killed Union Bank?
Re: Investment Inflows Declined By N2.18tn In 2015 – National Bureau Of Statistics by Dbboy(m): 11:17am On Feb 04, 2016
feelamong:

so you now call speculation investments?? no wonder you are this shallow!

now tell me what killed banks like Bank PHb, Spring Bank and almost even killed Union Bank?

weather speculation or not can it be used to obtain loan,even in the USA where stock are relatively stable it still common practice to use your stock portfolio to obtain loan.

you know nothing and cant just humble your self and learn go and browse about securities based borrowing and the good part of it is that the come with so much attractive offer such as

-Access to cash easily
-has lower rates than other forms of credit
-Ability to borrow between 50% and 95% of your eligible assets' value.

so mr feelamoung talk when you have something useful to say the fact that your indigenous bank capitalized on an disingenuous method to rip the market does not mean that bank dont still lend based on securities but the flip side to it is tha if such securities fall beyond a considerable limit you may be required pay down another line of credit or add additional securities to cover for the banks loss in event you are not forthcoming the bank may sell some or all your pledged securities with it corresponding tax that you would be responsible for.

so for the last time read assimilate and learn before commenting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; / Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Cyberspace On Fire / See The Mansion Rochas Okorocha Gifted His "Ethiopian Girlfriend" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.