Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

On Boyfriend/girlfriend, Husband/wife Snatching. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Boyfriend/girlfriend, Husband/wife Snatching. (1225 Views)

Zambian Man Calls Out Another Man For Snatching His Wife Of 20 Years (Photos) / Port Harcourt Lady Fights Dirty With Side Chick Snatching Her Husband / Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Boyfriend/girlfriend, Husband/wife Snatching. by NifemiOlu(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
We’ve read and heard tales of people who snatched other people’s significant other. It’s not new but the psychology of snatching is worth examining. Snatching or talking someone out of a relationship requires gut and intense desire which is fuelled by a motive—a goal in essence. I have two positions on this issue.
One, the idea of snatching is not even ‘real’. Taking a simple analogy, would someone offer you something in exchange or replacement of something that has got no value? If you’re going to replace something with me, what you’re bringing must match up or in most cases surpass the present stuff I have. Now, if a girl is thinking of snatching me away, if it’s real, she has to offer what my current girlfriend is not ready to or cannot offer. This is the bargain. Bargaining is the pursuit of happiness. If you feel someone has snatched your partner, you need to realise that he or she was not snatched. It was a decision to leave you because you did not offer something the ‘snatcher’ is offering or offered.
Two, supposing the idea of ‘snatching’ is real, the people who snatch and the person snatched are not always happy. Below are the views of some people:

Paul Pierre
…As populations grow [more dense], we become more interconnected and social circles overlap.  It becomes uncivil and unacceptable to approach social situations with a selfish/narcissistic "may the best man/woman win" attitude.

Ian Peters-Campbell
The real problem I see with pursuing someone in a relationship is one of trust. Say you find someone who you really like, but she's already in a relationship. You decide to break her up and go to work at it. Eventually she falls for you, leaves her current partner, and you wind up together.
Now everything's awesome, except that now you're with a woman who is unfaithful, and you know for a fact that she's someone who can be stolen away by someone else. Do you really believe that you're so special and unique that you're the only person who would be capable of convincing her to be unfaithful?
There's an old street preacher trick where the preacher asks a woman in the crowd "would you consider sleeping with me for a million dollars?" If she says yes, he asks "and would you consider sleeping with me for five dollars?" When she responds with outrage, asking what he takes her for, he says "well we've already determined what you are. Now we're just haggling about price." If you start a relationship by convincing someone to leave her last partner, then you already know what she is. You'll spend the rest of the relationship worrying about price

Ben Newhouse
It's acceptable, just not very smart.  If you do manage to pull someone out of a relationship, he or she may initially appear to be relieved and happy but at some point nostalgia and sadness will kick in and you'll have to deal with the consequences.  For example, such consequences might include your partner going back to his or her original partner.  Speaking from personal experience, it's no fun for anyone involved.
As stated above, [If you start a relationship by convincing someone to leave her last partner, then you already know what she is. You'll spend the rest of the relationship worrying about price], people who snatch are not happy. They are haunted by their own shadows. Why should you be sad or fight? They’ve dug a hole for themselves and they’re surely sinking. Psychologically speaking, when we fight those who snatch people from us, I think it’s a fight against betrayal and not a fight to win the person in particular.
To me, snatching does not exist, it’s a case of people deciding to leave in pursuit of happiness which ultimately, in most cases, ends in sadness. After going through such betrayal, the only person that can make you happy is you. You need to live life to the fullest and upgrade too.
Note, snatching and home wrecking are not the same concept in entirety. Snatching definitely leads to home wrecking but home wrecking does not always have anything to do with snatching. Some people are sad, they want you to be sad too. If you’re doing something that could wreck your home, you had better stop it.

Source: http://nifemiolu..com.ng/2016/02/on-boyfriendgirlfriend-husbandwife.html
Re: On Boyfriend/girlfriend, Husband/wife Snatching. by bukatyne(f): 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
NifemiOlu:
We’ve read and heard tales of people who snatched other people’s significant other. It’s not new but the psychology of snatching is worth examining. Snatching or talking someone out of a relationship requires gut and intense desire which is fuelled by a motive—a goal in essence. I have two positions on this issue.
One, the idea of snatching is not even ‘real’. Taking a simple analogy, would someone offer you something in exchange or replacement of something that has got no value? If you’re going to replace something with me, what you’re bringing must match up or in most cases surpass the present stuff I have. Now, if a girl is thinking of snatching me away, if it’s real, she has to offer what my current girlfriend is not ready to or cannot offer. This is the bargain. Bargaining is the pursuit of happiness. If you feel someone has snatched your partner, you need to realise that he or she was not snatched. It was a decision to leave you because you did not offer something the ‘snatcher’ is offering or offered.
Two, supposing the idea of ‘snatching’ is real, the people who snatch and the person snatched are not always happy. Below are the views of some people:

Paul Pierre
…As populations grow [more dense], we become more interconnected and social circles overlap.  It becomes uncivil and unacceptable to approach social situations with a selfish/narcissistic "may the best man/woman win" attitude.

Ian Peters-Campbell
The real problem I see with pursuing someone in a relationship is one of trust. Say you find someone who you really like, but she's already in a relationship. You decide to break her up and go to work at it. Eventually she falls for you, leaves her current partner, and you wind up together.
Now everything's awesome, except that now you're with a woman who is unfaithful, and you know for a fact that she's someone who can be stolen away by someone else. Do you really believe that you're so special and unique that you're the only person who would be capable of convincing her to be unfaithful?
There's an old street preacher trick where the preacher asks a woman in the crowd "would you consider sleeping with me for a million dollars?" If she says yes, he asks "and would you consider sleeping with me for five dollars?" When she responds with outrage, asking what he takes her for, he says "well we've already determined what you are. Now we're just haggling about price." If you start a relationship by convincing someone to leave her last partner, then you already know what she is. You'll spend the rest of the relationship worrying about price

Ben Newhouse
It's acceptable, just not very smart.  If you do manage to pull someone out of a relationship, he or she may initially appear to be relieved and happy but at some point nostalgia and sadness will kick in and you'll have to deal with the consequences.  For example, such consequences might include your partner going back to his or her original partner.  Speaking from personal experience, it's no fun for anyone involved.
As stated above, [If you start a relationship by convincing someone to leave her last partner, then you already know what she is. You'll spend the rest of the relationship worrying about price], people who snatch are not happy. They are haunted by their own shadows. Why should you be sad or fight? They’ve dug a hole for themselves and they’re surely sinking. Psychologically speaking, when we fight those who snatch people from us, I think it’s a fight against betrayal and not a fight to win the person in particular.
To me, snatching does not exist, it’s a case of people deciding to leave in pursuit of happiness which ultimately, in most cases, ends in sadness. After going through such betrayal, the only person that can make you happy is you. You need to live life to the fullest and upgrade too.
Note, snatching and home wrecking are not the same concept in entirety. Snatching definitely leads to home wrecking but home wrecking does not always have anything to do with snatching. Some people are sad, they want you to be sad too. If you’re doing something that could wreck your home, you had better stop it.

Source: http://nifemiolu..com.ng/2016/02/on-boyfriendgirlfriend-husbandwife.html

@Bold, so so on point!

1 Like

Re: On Boyfriend/girlfriend, Husband/wife Snatching. by RiloKiley: 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
bukatyne:

@Bold, so so on point!

You actually read it
Wow.
Re: On Boyfriend/girlfriend, Husband/wife Snatching. by jadelyn007(f): 8:46am On Feb 04, 2016
What if the person that was snatched was not happy in the previous relationship?
Re: On Boyfriend/girlfriend, Husband/wife Snatching. by NifemiOlu(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
jadelyn007:
What if the person that was snatched was not happy in the previous relationship?
On the long run, the snatcher will have trust issues.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But.... / Thinking Of Comitting Suicide / Married Lesbian Couple Get Pregnant With Boys At The Same Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.