Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,790 members, 7,862,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? (697 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Questions #bbnaija Voters - 11million Votes? / What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by Francis5: 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
She fought GEJ during his time and we all thought he was being pushed by PMB. Now she is fighting PMB and I hope we all think she is working for GEJ. I no fit shout oh!!!!!

Boko Haram: Stop lying to Nigerians – Ezekwesili dares Buhari
By Seun Opejobi on February 2, 2016

Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili on Monday charged President Muhammadu Buhari to always tell Nigerians the truth when it comes to insurgency so as to stop creating doubts in the minds of the citizenry.

Ezekwesili who is the leader of the BringBackOurGirls, BBOG, movement made the call at the group’s usual sit-out in Abuja.

Ezekwesili said, “The government cannot afford to go to the old ways where lies were fed to the people. Let there be truthfulness. Government should not create a trust deficit syndrome because it will be difficult to mend. Everything that the government is doing concerning the war, they should tell the truth. We will get used to it and join in the solution.”

Stating that BBOG will continue to demand for the return of the kidnapped Chibok girls, Ezekwesili beckoned on the President to fulfill the promise he made to the parents of the kidnapped girls.

“What drove us out of our comfort zone is that we got tired of not doing anything. We will continue with our core value. No matter what anyone want to do, this advocacy will continue. A pledge is a pledge. We made a pledge to parents of the Chibok girls and will not fail in this pledge.”

“We have gone through a lot. But what we have gone through is little of what the 219 girls are going through in the hands of the Boko Haram sect. Let nobody succeed in making us feel we should not continue. We will continue until the girls are back. The girls deserve justice and they have not been given justice. We are unhappy that they are spending close to two years in the hands of the terrorists.”

“I have not lost hope. There is no basis to lose hope. Though we might be depressed sometimes, we won’t lose hope. We will stand for the girls. We will hold on to the commitment the president made to the Chibok girls’ parents and Nigerians. We believe that he will keep his promise and bring the girls back.”

“Some people have been vocal about our Chibok girls, but now they feel the Chibok girls are distractions. Our Chibok girls are not distractions,” she said.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/02/boko-haram-stop-lying-to-nigerians-ezekwesili-dares-buhari/
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by bokohalal(m): 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
On the side of truth.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by Redoil: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Wailers form done finish she should stay put with her mor.onic APC.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by Tallesty1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
She turned against APC because that jolof rice no reach her
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by Francis5: 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
bokohalal:
On the side of truth.
I thought so too. She is indeed a one-woman squad. However, the only problem I have with her is that she is choosing the wrong battle (fighting for kidnapped Boko Haram girls) to fight. When the chips are doing, PMB an his fellow brainwashed northerners, including the parents of the so-called kidnapped (so-called because I personally believe the whole thing was staged) will still gang up against the bloody nyamiri

Oby should be fighting more germane causes such as discrimination against certain people (e.g., Osu in parts of Igboland), discrimination against woman, rape of women, and economic inequalities, than meddling into religiously motivated kidnappings.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by Qualer: 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2016

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by mrmetoo1: 6:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
How about she's on the side of the country. I think that's a concept most of you find hard to process. People think you have to pick a politician or party and stick to it even when they go wrong.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by realborn(m): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
mrmetoo1:
How about she's on the side of the country. I think that's a concept most of you find hard to process. People think you have to pick a politician or party and stick to it even when they go wrong.

God bless you.

It takes a nominal modicum of basic intelligence to decipher this. Unfortunately, those whose conscience have been sold to excessive bile and peevishness will always find it difficult to comprehend.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: On Whose Side Is She Anyways? by Okanokan(m): 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
She belongs to Nobody, but she belongs to Buhari, if she is made Central Bank Governor.

(1) (Reply)

C Of O To Be Issued Under 90 Days In The State Of Osun. / On Buhari I Stand! / SACK: Buhari Removes 26 Dgs, Managing Directors Of Agencies, Departments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.