Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Is Change Of Name On International Passport Necessary? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Change Of Name On International Passport Necessary? (1056 Views)

Travelers Storm Arik For Fare Refund On International Routes / Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Change Of Name On International Passport Necessary? by InformedLola(f): 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
@Justwise and others, your urgent response is needed please. I recently got married and want to change my surname to my husband's. Will it be necessary for me to also effect this name change on my 1 year old international passport?

Or can I just wait till when it is due for renewal?
Re: Is Change Of Name On International Passport Necessary? by delishpot: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
If you change your name on the other travel documents then yes.
You can wait till its due for renewal too. But if you will use it to identigf yourself as Mrs so so then you better let the name match.
You can not use a passport with miss apple to claim money sent to Mrs peach got it?
Re: Is Change Of Name On International Passport Necessary? by InformedLola(f): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
delishpot:
If you change your name on the other travel documents then yes.
You can wait till its due for renewal too. But if you will use it to identigf yourself as Mrs so so then you better let the name match.
You can not use a passport with miss apple to claim money sent to Mrs peach got it?

Thanks for your response. But just a little more clarity...If I apply for visa as Mrs. B and my passport carries Miss A. Will it be an issue?
Re: Is Change Of Name On International Passport Necessary? by delishpot: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
InformedLola:

Thanks for your response. But just a little more clarity...If I apply for visa as Mrs. B and my passport carries Miss A. Will it be an issue?

Yes unless you take a legal document to show name change and prove that it is you.

(1) (Reply)

Airport Staff Kneel Down To Welcome Wealthy Malawi Pastor Prophet Bushiri [PICS] / All Passengers Dead In Ghastly Motor Accident In Abuja (photos) / General Chinese Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.