Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience (1619 Views)

The Only Thing I Know About Programming Is Its Spelling, How Do I Start? / The Sad Truth About Programming Career In Nigeria / Don't Make The Mistake I Made About Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by severus(m): 9:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
There is a growing number of people with interest in developing software and websites, but what is it that drives you to learn how to code?
Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
The Ability to solve real life Problems..

The Ability to wow your audience with what your code can do..

The Ineveitability of Midnight Brain-storming sessions..

The Tendency to take long walks when your Codes bug yu down..

The Ability to think Outta the Box..

The Ability to use Unpopular Alphabets (Hyphens, colons, semicolons, asterisks, commas, question marks, curly|Squared Braces)..

The Ability to change the World...

Programming is the Way of Life of a Geek..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Fulaman198(m): 5:44am On Feb 04, 2016
It's a constant learning experience and seeing the end result when your program is translated from source code to machine code and having it run and do amazing things is just the biggest satisfaction that one can have. When you build something from scratch like a mobile app, desktop app, a game, etc. and you see it come to life realizing that you used a programming language like Java, C++, Swift, C, Ruby, Python, etc. It's just such a rewarding experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by kobonaire(m): 6:04am On Feb 04, 2016
Solving a big problem by breaking it into smaller units and solving them .... implementing the divide and conquer approach.

Developing a UI (web or desktop/mobile app) that has a clean and simple interface but underneath has posses fast and efficient processing power.

To fully architect a system with an efficient algorithm and a comprehensive design plan which can then be implemented in any suitable programming language of a coder's choice.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2016
smileyI see programming as creating a whole new different world. It's so awesome when you see typed codes translate to an actual new world. #just saying. It makes me feel like a god.
Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Urine: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2016
The ability to debug, best felling ever!
Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by hardebayho(m): 9:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Fulaman198:
It's a constant learning experience and seeing the end result when your program is translated from source code to machine code and having it run and do amazing things is just the biggest satisfaction that one can have. When you build something from scratch like a mobile app, desktop app, a game, etc. and you see it come to life realizing that you used a programming language like Java, C++, Swift, C, Ruby, Python, etc. It's just such a rewarding experience.
Bro, are you on WhatsApp or something?

1 Like

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by losprince(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
the ability to have people asking you what you are always pressing on your computer

1 Like

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Craigston: 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
For me, it is simply poetry. And do you know what I've just done? I've just used a level of abstraction in that sentence - 'poetry'.
I love Science generally and I never run out of sweet adventures in Science.
Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by danidee10(m): 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
Solving a problem that has been taunting me...and making mouth in my head after solving it (who you be cheesy)

Finding bugs in open source programs

Seeing other senior devs and my mates appreciate my code

Helping others....especially on stackoverflow

Finally being called a programmer....it's just cool n awesome

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
I want to learn this coding of thing...where do I start from

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by severus(m): 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bro, are you on WhatsApp or something?

Yea yea
Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by severus(m): 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
kingcity:
I want to learn this coding of thing...where do I start from

chat me up on whatsapp bro 08166459353, we'll discuss it
Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Djangocode:
The Ability to solve real life Problems..
The Ability to wow your audience with what your code can do..
The Ineveitability of Midnight Brain-storming sessions..
The Tendency to take long walks when your Codes bug yu down..
The Ability to think Outta the Box..
The Ability to use Unpopular Alphabets (Hyphens, colons, semicolons, asterisks, commas, question marks, curly|Squared Braces)..
The Ability to change the World...
Programming is the Way of Life of a Geek..
My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
severus:

chat me up on whatsapp bro 08166459353, we'll discuss it
your no not showing on my whatapp contact

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Login Workinq With Freebasics Airtel!! / Please Nairalanders Help Me Out: IIS 8 Page Keep Appearing When I Load Waec Site / Firebase For Android Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.